KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
AimeeZ21

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by AimeeZ21 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Florence, KY

***NO LONGER ACCEPTING ADOPTIONS***

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Florence, KY / Cincinnati, OH

How Far Can You Travel?: Up to 2 hours

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I have a 40 gallon tank with 5 PPs, a Ruggie and an E.

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: I have been crabbing for over a year and want to help as many crabs as I can.

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Anything

I Would Like to Be Contacted:

I look forward to hearing from you!

LAST UPDATED: July 13, 2018
Last edited by AimeeZ21 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sugarselections

Re: KY, TN Adopters

Post by sugarselections » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Cincinnati, OH

Located in Cincinnati, Ohio and willing to drive up to 1-2 hours depending on circumstances (have done a couple KY adoptions in the past). I have a 101 gallon crabitat with many different species and I currently have some room for adoptions. I've been keeping crabs since the beginning of 2008 with great success.

LAST UPDATED:

ashleyandanimals

Post by ashleyandanimals » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:00 pm

South Central, KY

I'm Ashley. I love animals. :)

Location (nearest large city, state, country): I'm in south central, KY. I can possibly make it to Bowling Green, Richmond, Lexington, Louisville, Somerset, I may even be able to make it to Florence at some point.

How Far Can You Travel?: Depends on situation, will discuss if anyone contacts me.

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I currently have 7 PP's, 4 tiny, 3 medium. They are in a 10 gallon while I renovate a 40 gallon breeder for them. It will have a large second level and large salt and fresh water pools.

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: A few months, but I did have crabs in the past and have done extensive research.

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Anything but jumbos. I don't think my forty will have adequate room for them. I'm willing to take in other species. Would really like some Ecuadorians or straws, but I will definitely need my forty up and running before I could take them in.

I Would Like to Be Contacted By: message on here or email at ashef90 at gmail.com.

LAST UPDATED:
I do my best to spoil all of my pets! :)

kingdomseeker74

Post by kingdomseeker74 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:00 pm

West, TN

I'm Ann, Sarah's mom

Location (nearest large city, state, country): I'm in West TN, north of Memphis.

How Far Can You Travel?: Depends on situation, will discuss if anyone contacts me.

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: We are just getting started!

How Long Have You Been Crabbing? Actually, we have not adopted any crabs yet! We have been researching and talking about becoming a rescue for hermit crabs for a couple of years now. My mother in law is an experienced crabber for many years.

What You Are Able to Adopt?: we would like to adopt about 3-5 that are already a family. Would like to be Contacted By: message on here or email @ Kingdomseeker74 at aol.com please put CRAB in the subject line!! :crabbigsmile:

LAST UPDATED:

AgentCarter13

Post by AgentCarter13 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Louisville, KY

I live near Louisville, KY and will consider travel to rescue/adopt (especially helpful is when we are able to workout "relays").I've successfully kept several species of hermit crabs over the last 12 years including Strawberries, Ruggies, E's, PP's. All my years of experience has finally enabled me to achieve a steady-state "tropical" environment and I go out of my way to make the "crabitarium" as home-like as possible for these delicate creatures (i.e. temp stays about 80 degrees Fahrenheit and 80+% relative humidity WITHOUT the habitat becoming too damp or wet. Lots and lots of trials and errors over the years but I'm thrilled to finally achieve and consistently maintain the appropriate environment for my crabs. I have several habitats and currently the census is down so I have lots of room to adopt quite a number of crabs and maintain them in the appropriate habitat. If you have questions for me, feel free to email me at sharoncarter127 at gmail.com. I'm also on facebook. I look forward to hearing from you if you need to find your crabs a new home.

LAST UPDATED:

atleinart

Post by atleinart » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:49 am

Rocky Top, TN

Hello,
My name is Amy and I have been taking care of crabs for about 10 years. I currently have a 50 gal and a 20 gal habitat. I have a rescue for those poor hermies that have been purchased at the beach by unknowing parents that soon realize the crabs need more than a small plastic box to live in. (I began as one of those parents many years ago!) I have 12 PPs, 1 blueberry 1 strawberry. Humidity and temperature are monitored daily.

Location: Rocky Top Tennessee. (formerly known as Lake City). I am approximately 30 miles north of knoxville and very close to the Kentucky border via i75. I will say that I will travel up to an hour but it just depends on the need and area. I could possibly drive further if needed.

What are you able to adopt? I am open to adopt any size or type of crabs

How to contact me? I would prefer to be contacted by email to stormwatcher07 at gmail.com . A private message is ok too but I check email several times a day.

Thank You! :crabbigsmile: :molted::

LAST UPDATED:

JoshMeyer

Post by JoshMeyer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:27 am

Lauderdale County, TN

Hi! My name is Josh, and my son Jack and I are new to keeping hermit crabs, but we like them and would like to adopt one or two more as opposed to buying and supporting the hermit crab industry.

General location: Lauderdale County, West Tennessee.

How far willing to travel: Any where in West Tennessee.

Willing to pay for shipping: No. I don't like the idea of mailing a hermit crab!

Experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else: I don't have much experience with HC's really. But I've bought a 10 gallon tank and used course sand and coconut fiber as the substrata. The crabitat has fresh and salt water bowls, a few hideouts, and I'm looking to add some climbing features. It is heated with a under tank heater taped to the side. It has a thermometer (I'll be getting a hygrometer soon), all that it is missing is a few buddies for our one purple pincher hermie!

How to contact me: You can contact me by email: JMEYER at MAIL.LCED.NET

LAST UPDATED:

melissa.vinson9

Re: KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by melissa.vinson9 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:51 am

LOUISVILLE, KY

I live in Louisville, Ky and am willing to adopt any unwanted hermit crabs. I have a 50 gallon aquarium that is stable with a substrate of sand and eco-earth mixed. I currently only have 3 crabs, so I have plenty of room for friends. I would prefer to adopt. Feel free to contact me.

LAST UPDATED:

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:44 pm

LENOIR CITY, TN

I am located in Lenoir City, TN...right smack dab in between Knoxville, Kingston/Harriman. I'd be willing to travel to Maryville &/or Sevierville as well.
I currently have one sm/med PP by the name of Captain Jack. He is in a 10gal with 6inches EcoEarth mixed with play sand. Have climbing space, fresh/salt waters available that I change once-twice a week depending how much sub gets in them, PLENTY of shells to go around (especially when I upgrade).
I plan to upgrade to a bigger size tank within the near future. Looking to adopt at least one more crabbie for the time being!!

Contact me by email ginafaye13 at gmail.com please.

LAST UPDATED:

cmaks

Post by cmaks » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 pm

EVANSVILLE, IN (BY HENDERSON, KY)

I'm April

Location (nearest large city, state): I'm by Henderson, KY (actually in Evansville, IN).

How Far Can You Travel?: An hour or two but Depends on situation, will discuss if anyone contacts me.

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I am just getting started!I have a 40 Gal, 55 Gal, and 20 Gal plus an small isolation area for new crabs that come in. Also have room for 2-3 tanks if someone needs to re-home a whole setup. I will be adding pp locally but would love to add a couple of strawberry, blueberry, and a viola. Maybe a ruggie and expect to add Ecuadorians. I have been looking into any special needs for all that might show up domestically since I am open to any species.

How Long Have You Been Crabbing? I have not adopted any crabs yet! We have been researching and talking about becoming a rescue for hermit crabs with local shelters since they do occasionally get them. I had them as a child. I have had a turtle for 28 years (and counting) and 6 elderly dogs (and had two cats live to be about 20 who have since passed on) so I know long-term commitment and researching animal needs. I also foster animals for the humane society though no crabs have come in yet.

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Since I have yet to add to my tanks I have room.

Would like to be Contacted By: message on here or email @ cmaks.spaniels at gmail.com Put HERMIT CRAB in the subject line please.

LAST UPDATED:

CryotheCrab

Post by CryotheCrab » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 am

Charleston, SC

I live in downtown Charleston and current have two hermies and would be able to take one or two more. I have had them for over 2 years now. They have come with my from Virginia, to Michigan, to South Carolina!

They have a lovely tank with deep, sand-EE substrate, two pools and plenty of shells and climbing equipment. I am willing to travel anywhere within 20 miles. Give me a shout if you're looking to rehome! My e-mail [redacted] :crabbigsmile:

LAST UPDATED:
2 PPs