MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Ajwebber

MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Post by Ajwebber » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:23 am

Hollym2247 wrote:I'm in NE OH. I've had crabs for 4 years, 4 PPs, 2a jumbo I've had 4 years and 2 large-jumbo I got 3 year ago and a small I adopted last summer. I have a 40 gallon tank with plenty of room and hides and a 10 gallon ISO. I'd like to adopt a lonely crab of any size, or a couple small crabs. Summit, eastern Cuyahoga or portage counties.

LAST UPDATED: 6/26/18

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Hinckley is roughly between Akron and Cleveland
How Far Will You Travel?: 30-ish miles, prefer you drive to pick up
Would You Be Willing to Ship? (Applicable in the USA Only): No
Number of Crabs, Size of The Crabs, and Species If Known: 3 crabs, smaller, likely purple pincher/caribbean
Supplies and Tank That Are Included (If Any): unused coconut substrate, empty shells, one food and 2 water dishes, under tank heater, thermometer/hygrometer. We will keep tank.
Adoption or Supply Fee Being Asked (If Any): donation to cover supplies would be appreciated (though not necessary)
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email - or - PM - . email
Any Other Information: slighter larger crab "won" by my kid as prize at fair early this summer (golf ball sized shell), spent some $ to make healthy crabitat (new 20 gallon tank, moistened sand and coconut substrate, hiding places, branches/leaves, isopods, sprouted chia seeds, etc), eventually bought 2 more/smaller for company, original still in painted shell, 2 smaller/purchased changed into unpainted shells immediately, have been feeding variety of fresh foods, and to best of my knowledge, none have molted, though they spend much time buried. on rare occasion they are seen, we have let them walk/exercise out of tank on floor.

Topic author
Ajwebber

Re: MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Post by Ajwebber » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:25 am

Theworldisgonna wrote:Looking to permantley adopt around 3-5 hermit crabs. Preferably smaller ones as I currently have two small crabs.

Distance: ~45 minutes, more if need be
Habitat: 10gal isolation tank and a 20gal long tank with plenty of room and substrate (sand, EE 5:1). Eventually 10gal tank will be added to the 20gal as a second level (silicone sealed extension to allow more room for climbing.
Contact: either Alex.solon@icloud(dot)com or text at (Number removed by Moderator)
Location (nearest large city, state, country): Hinckley is roughly between Akron and Cleveland
Number of Crabs, Size of The Crabs, and Species If Known: 3 crabs, smaller, likely purple pincher/caribbean
Supplies and Tank That Are Included (If Any): unused coconut substrate, empty shells, one food and 2 water dishes, under tank heater, thermometer/hygrometer. We will keep tank.
Adoption or Supply Fee Being Asked (If Any): donation to cover supplies would be appreciated (though not necessary)
Any Other Information: slighter larger crab "won" by my kid as prize at fair early this summer (golf ball sized shell), spent some $ to make healthy crabitat (new 20 gallon tank, moistened sand and coconut substrate, hiding places, branches/leaves, isopods, sprouted chia seeds, etc), eventually bought 2 more/smaller for company, original still in painted shell, 2 smaller/purchased changed into unpainted shells immediately, have been feeding variety of fresh foods, and to best of my knowledge, none have molted, though they spend much time buried. on rare occasion they are seen, we have let them walk/exercise out of tank on floor.

Topic author
Ajwebber

Re: MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Post by Ajwebber » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:27 am

Emollie wrote:Location (nearest large city, state, country): Kent or Eastlake, OH
How Far Can You Travel?: Within the nearest couple of cities (Ravenna, Stow, Willoughby, Eastlake, Mentor, etc.)
Size of Tanks: A 20 gal, and a spare 10 gal
Number of Crabs, and Species: one purple pinscher, another on the way. Current purple pinscher is a jumbo size.
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: A little over two ears.
What You Are Able to Adopt?: 2-3 purple pinschers, any size.
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email: emollie97 at gmail.com

**I'm willing to go halfsies on expensive shipping, if it's cheaper I'm willing to pay it in full, just ask!

LAST UPDATED: 06/26/18