MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Buggzter

MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Post by Buggzter » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 pm

MI

Hi everyone :)

Mid-Michigan area crab owner here, open to owning more. I've raised crabs in the past, but recently get interested in having some again. I found some PPs on sale at a local pet store that looked in really good health that were pretty outgoing while in the store, and am looking at building our own plexiglass enclosure for them here at home with pools, space for at least 12" digging space (my quad only have 4" now since they are barely over an inch!), tons of climbing and play areas, and more. I also have a few unused large totes in the basement for homes if the need arises! I have plenty of space honestly for a dozen or more medium crabs at least, even without the new tank set up I want to build, which I plan to be able to house 15 jumbos... in case I get that crazy eventually! You never know when you run into a blueberry or your 5 year old finds a crab in a Darth Vader shell that he really HAS to have.

I've also raised many other "odd" species of creatures in the past with different issues, so I understand that there are particular care needs dependant on the specific species as well! Sugar gliders to various snakes and a dozen types of lizards to 34 species of tarantulas to breeding rats and rabbits for a pet store - but all this in the past, about 7 years ago now. I miss my animals, but family health issues keep from really doing what we used to.

Currently in Ypsilanti and nearly daily in downtown Ann Arbor. Willing to travel an hour or so to help out! Any species, any temperament, any size. Heck, if I can put up with the craziness of my health care career, I can handle grumpy crabs ;) ksedlmayer(at)yahoo(dot)com to email me! (hoping to not get autospam by not using the @ and period....)

I look forward to talking with you!

LAST UPDATED: 09/05/17

7harold22

Chicago land area looking to adopt Ecuadorian hermies

Post by 7harold22 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:08 pm

I Live the Chicago land area and I'm really interested in giving a home to atleast two Ecuadorian hermit crabs! If you have any that need a home please let me know!! I'm willing to travel around the Chicago area but if out the area maybe we could set up shipping if not too far? I have two years experience with purple pincher hermit crabs and looking to expand my hermit crab family but I thought id adopt instead of buying. I have a 20 gallon tank so theres lots of room for some Es.
Email me at 7harold22 at gmail.com if you have any Es!
:crabblush:

LAST UPDATED: 09/11/17

Gloworms7

I live in IL and am looking to adopt Crab or two!!

Post by Gloworms7 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 am

I am an animal advocate and am currently looking for a classroom pet to RESCUE. I am only allowed I found to have hermit crabs...
Anyone at all looking to rehome crabs? I really want to teach the value of rescue to my students.
Someone graciously offered their hermies, but I am afraid the size of them quite frankly would freak my kids out!!!
Smaller the better please.

LAST UPDATED: 09/30/17
Last edited by Gloworms7 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamulascrabs

Re: MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Post by tamulascrabs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Nineveh, Indiana
How Far Can You Travel?: ~25 Mi
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 75 Gallons, 2 PPs
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: ~1 year
What You Are Able to Adopt?: PPs, Ecuadorians, Aussies, and Ruggies
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email
This Posting Was Last Verified On: 10/8/17
:crabbigsmile:

Gloworms7

Re: MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Post by Gloworms7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 pm

I live in Illinois and am looking for a baby or small crab for my classroom of students. I want to 'rescue,' not purchase. Someone graciously offered their crabbies, but I am afraid they were too big; I don't want my kids to become frightened. The smaller the better; I understand that they only grow to the size of the habitat provided.
Thanks!!!

LAST UPDATED: 10/19/17