For Archives Control Team

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Christa

For Archives Control Team

Post by Christa » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:25 pm

Hello!

Here is a list of guidelines to keep in mind when archiving posts. The post should:

1) Contains a specific topic from Crab Care Forums (all forums)
2) Contains a solution, or answer relating specifically to topic
3) Is not thoroughly explained in an existing Care Sheet, Crab Care FAQ, or LINKED to one of our APPROVED links.
4) Contains a picture, pictures that would be of use as a visual example.*
5) Must be a generally accepted solution, or be backed up on a professional's authority

*this is not mandatory for posts not in the picture forum <edited>

The Archives are for the purpose of protecting Forum information that does not already exist here on the HCA website.

If there is something that does not fit into any of the topic forums, please save it in the miscellaneous forum. If a topic looks deleteable, please move it to the "Deleteables" forum. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING!!

Thanks for your assistance!

happy crabbing!
Christa
Last edited by Christa on Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~ The HCA ~~ the original and still the best -- ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS
Ting-Tang (Walla walla bing bang!)
Crabbing since 1974
http://www.hermit-crabs.com

Topic author
Christa

Post by Christa » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:54 pm

Anything 60 days of age and older can be archived.

Thanks!

Christa
~~ The HCA ~~ the original and still the best -- ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS
Ting-Tang (Walla walla bing bang!)
Crabbing since 1974
http://www.hermit-crabs.com

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:10 pm

k, next question, lol. How do we move topics? I had started to look through the ones in the archives and seen some that have no value whatsoever, so I was going to move them to the deletable one, but couldnt figure out how to move them. Sorry for all of the questions, lol. Thanks!!

Angela

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:52 pm

When you are on your selected forum page, scroll to the bottom...there is a list if things in green type that tell you the actions you can do...
1) select you can "moderate" this forum
2) it brings back all topics in forum on the top of the frame it tells you that you can select multiple posts for action
3) there is a check box to the far right of each post, select post or posts you want to move
4) scroll down to the bottom of the page, the bar there offers move, delete, etc options, you select MOVE
5) menu pop up asks which forum, and "shadow topic" is default selected; deselect that by clicking on checked box and pick forum you want to move thread to, submit
6) asks if your sure, select YES (if you are)

the arrows etc. that NaRnAR eludes to are at the bottom left hand corner (below the post frame), when you are in an open post...if you leave your cursor on them they will provide you tool tips explaining their function...

Hope this helps...

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:58 pm

Here's what it should look like, I took a screen shot of my screen. If it's not there for you, I guess you have to ask Christa to do something about it

And I was doing the posts one at a time with the buttons in the picture, thanks for showing me an easier way...lol