HCA elections

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:32 pm

starmaiden wrote:Who is this "nobody"? He/she should campaign and run for real next time! :lol:
He's Resident's cousin! :smt044
Oh, yeah, & darn that archiving! [smilie=plbbt.gif]
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

PPs,Straws,Es,Ruggies, Violas, & Indos!
3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:12 pm

brad873 wrote:they just never open. i wait and wait, then the web ring banner appears under the log out, messeg, ect list
I'm not too sure then. You can try to contact Christa, she might know what is going on, or how to fix it. :)
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream

OIF_VET

Post by OIF_VET » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:21 am

Just to weigh in on the subject of Mods, I reluctantly accepted this position
about 2 years ago now? (Christa, need help here, please).
Durring a time of alot of turmoil.
Quite a few Mods and some admin left this site and created a void. I was asked and I spent some time in PMs and Emails, and Like I said, I reluctantly accepted.
Being a Mod truly is a bit of work. Disciplining, Advising, Moving or Locking threads...Reading some threads in the "Mods Forum" in regards to some other threads that may need to be watched. Let's face it, sometimes we can get into a heated debate that can erupt into flames.
This is not a forum for that. We are all here because of a common interest.
We all have ideas, thoughts and opinions on many different subjects.
There will always be disagreements. But if we can set aside those and discuss our thoughts and keep an open mind, it would be easier to do this job. But this is not a Utopian society. So, we need to have folks to police the forums and keep the peace.
We do strive to be a Family friendly place.
Welcome to the HCA! Advice for the Stressed, Owners and Crabs alike.
Been Crabby Since 8/16/05 Land, Marine Hermit Crabs Since Summer '04
Currently Have 4 PPs. I have Countless Successful Molts!
MY "Lil Dudes"

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:33 am

OIF_VET

Off Topic but I was getting concerned about you. Noticed you hadn't been around for awhile & checked your profile. After describing Christmas dinner on Dec 22, you made no postings. Looked for you a couple more times, but you were AWOL. Didn't want to bring up subject cuz not my business, but glad you're back.

Hope all is okay. Wish if people were going to be gone for awhile there was easy way to let us know. Or is there one I'm not aware of?

OIF_VET

Post by OIF_VET » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:00 am

Thank You folks for voicing concern. I am doing well.
The Holidays and a PTSD anniversary..well I do tend to drift off sometimes.
Sometimes life happens and I can't get on the HCA when I want to.
But, I do tend to drift sometimes. It just happens :(
But, when I am here, I am very glad to do my best to be an active Member and Mod.
Thank You :)
MY "Lil Dudes"

SunnyKrab
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by SunnyKrab » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 pm

NaRnAR wrote:Yea...no slurpee machine..sad but true. :(

I too am browsing more than I post...I usually read and see that there are tons of other people that have given answers and the one I would have given is mixed in there...so Idont post. No sense in adding more of whats already been said to informational posts.

But we are here...even if you dont see our names plastered all over the forums :D
I think like you Nar...I dont need to add another me too' answer after there have already been 20 of them.

And if people think I am one of the BOD that is never around....they are dead wrong, I just dont post alot , if I dont need to. But I am on Monday thru Friday a few times each day(unless it is a day off from school, then I have to fight my daughter for computer time, amd that just aint worth it)
I like to take Saturday and Sunday off, as I have a Husband and Sister and a Mother and Kids and Grandkids and dogs and cats and crabs and guinea pigs and a car and a house and ....well a life.
Blog link->Veggie My Love
Started - 6/21/2003 9 Assorted Hermies!!~~RIP Crew

SunnyKrab
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by SunnyKrab » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh ..and sorry my reply comes so late, but the last few days were either a Saturday or a Sunday.And then Monday was a School day off, and yesterday I had a blow out with both of my younger kids...sooooooo... Better off me not posting here(unless of course you want to go a few rounds with an angry, frustrated, depressed, repressed, Mothertype)....although in the end I did peek in on you :?

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:10 pm

[smilie=bouquet.gif] Sunny, I think ya need this! Understanding the whole arguing w/the teen. And yeah, you're right when ya say that's not the time to be posting. :( You are one smart, intuitive lady. :D
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

SunnyKrab
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by SunnyKrab » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks BKS....I needed that!! :D

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Anytime ya need one... :) And if ya make it to the mini convention, I'll give ya a [smilie=hug.gif] to go w/it. Ya, I know, now I've done scared ya off. :lol:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:35 am

i've been around for a while now and can honestly say this is one of the best moderated/run sites on the web...i was around for the turmoil and was very glad when it smoothed out...thank you to all those who keep it going and for all the hard/time consuming work behind the scenes.....

i have been kind of mia due to some family stuff; however, even when not posting i am checking in regularly.......

OIF_VET

Post by OIF_VET » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 am

Thank You very much BurroHaven!
Yes indeed there was turmoil. But that is behind us. We have a bright future ahead of us with still more challenges yet to come.
This change was a Huge effort.
Just wanted to Thank you for the Acknowlegement :)
MY "Lil Dudes"

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:48 pm

I also thank you very much burrohaven. Glad you are still checking in, and I and all the mods appreciate the kind words. :)
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream