Finally!!!!

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
turkey the crab

Finally!!!!

Post by turkey the crab » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 pm

For the very first time, I let my crab crawl on my hand. Whenever i tried to bring my PPs to my hand the try to pinch me, and then i tried it with my new Ecuadorian (how do you pronounce that?) Norbert. He just came up from the underground yesterday. It was so cute! He climbed up my arm and tried to climb shoulder, he fell though, Haha. While anyways i noticed his behavior is a lot different than my PPs, in a good way. He is a lot less shy and doesn't go in his shell every time i walk by, he climbs a LOT more, and is very active. I like this species a lot better! :crabbigsmile:
2 Purple Pinchers: Legs and Mochi

R.I.P Turkey (PP), Norbert (E), Butter (PP)

Nethers

Re: Finally!!!!

Post by Nethers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Congrats, I love my ecuadorians too! Unfortunately, I am down to just one, but he's a keeper none the less! They definitely are more social during the day than my others.

Good luck!
PP: King Crawl, Dirt, Karla, Styles, Marco | E: Turbo, Grouch
Supporting my Teensy Friends with Web Development | http://www.timnethers.com

Anorable

Post by Anorable » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 pm

I wouldn't trade my E's for any other species.
Everything I read says they're a lot less active than PP's but i guess we're all anecdotal evidence since even when we had our little guys in their tiny KK they were a super active bunch (and not just at night)

ReptileLover1

Post by ReptileLover1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 am

Hmm I like my Equidorian(soon to be more) but i really like my PPs.
They take a little bit to get used to you but when they do they are fine.
Hugo and Ghost are up almost all the time (day and Night). hugo is my Largest and Ghost is my Smallest. I can pick ghost up by his shell and place him on my hand and he will imidiatly(?) start to walk same as Flash (my E). I have had ghost for about a year though. Hugo is warming up though he is not quite as willing as ghost to be on my hand. :)
Anorable im not sure where you got the info about that at (here??) but Es are definatly more active than PPs. (usually -- Flash isnt quite as active that I can tell)
I got my first crab in the summer of 2011. I now have 11 crabs!
I have 7 PPs and 4 Es! They are in a 40b.
I also have a pacman frog(Dewey), 2 Cats (Cinder, and Sherlock), And as a family we have 3 dogs ( Daisy, Coco, and Gizmo!)

Anorable

Post by Anorable » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:10 am

^ nonono, i worded that weird.
i know full well the reputation as tank trashers E's have, but i've always heard that during the daytime PP's are more active than E's are.

ReptileLover1

Post by ReptileLover1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:07 pm

O ok-- Sorry bout that From what I can tell I agree with that statment (lol Thought you ment they wernt very active...)
I also have a pacman frog(Dewey), 2 Cats (Cinder, and Sherlock), And as a family we have 3 dogs ( Daisy, Coco, and Gizmo!)

Anorable

Post by Anorable » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:08 pm

haha, yeah no, my bad.

also, is it wrong of me to also prefer E's because i think they're cuter? i think it's the eyes, they're bigger and they make the little guys seem more expressive. (or maybe that's all the conditioning from seeing anthropomorphised disney animals everywhere when i was growing up)

RedbirdFL

Post by RedbirdFL » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:58 pm

I think the E's are cuter, but mine are a mixed batch when it comes to being friendlier. One of mine is not shy at all, one is very nocturnal and I hardly see him, and one is scared to death of me (and I've had him for a whole year)! My PP's are a mixed group when it comes to being friendly too.
3 E's - Blaise, Tobias, Parker
7 PP's - Casey, Fred, George, Luna, Neville, Dobby, Winky
2 cats - Smokey (British shorthair), Zoe (tortoiseshell calico)
1 great husband, 1 great son/DIL, 1 great daughter

Help a college girl and visit my daughter's etsy shop: http://www.rronk.etsy.com

ReptileLover1

Post by ReptileLover1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 pm

I dont think so :)
Its just like wanting a specific type of dog becouse of how they look )personally I lov pomeranians lol)

Skymall007

Post by Skymall007 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Congrats! That is so cute!
2Es- Sputnikt+Strangeship 1PP- Bluebug
RIP Spatula, HerbitHermenBatSquash, Kiwi, Flour, and Friendlyfeat, Mi6, Grape, Umo, and Upsidedown

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Anorable wrote:^ nonono, i worded that weird.
i know full well the reputation as tank trashers E's have, but i've always heard that during the daytime PP's are more active than E's are.
Es are generally more active in the daytime as compared to PPs. PPs tend to lounge around all day waiting for nightfall while Es are crazy no matter what time of day it is! :lol:
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram