COPPA Request Form

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author
Lady WolfStorm
Tech Support
Tech Support

COPPA Request Form

Post by Lady WolfStorm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:05 pm

Hello everyone!

If you or someone you know have registered for the HCA: Hermit Crab Association and are underage, a permission form should have been sent to the registered email address. If for any reason you should not get this email or otherwise lose the permission form, please fill out the generic one available here.

In this updated version, I have included the revision date, number of pages total in the document, a watermark, and a fax number if you wish to fax the form. The watermark you see on your screen will NOT be visible when printing. Please make sure you include *ALL* information so the correct account can be activated as quickly as possible.

It seems the version included in the email with the username already filled out does not break out well when printed, and unfortunately there is not an easy solution other than this generic version. I have optimized the layout so all the necessary information needed can be printed on one page for easy scanning and faxing.
Proud mother to 4 PPs: Boss Hogg, Dollar, and No-Name (PPs, 4+ Years)
Tommy 8/30/10
RIP Mr. E, March 11, 2011-July 14, 2012 (E); Fizban 8/21/10 - 2012; Sandy, Chip and Dale (2007-2012) (PPs)

taylorb199

Re: COPPA Request Form

Post by taylorb199 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 am

So this is for anyone under 18?
Teen Mom... of 3 PPs! :)

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: COPPA Request Form

Post by wodesorel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:17 am

taylorb199 wrote:So this is for anyone under 18?
COPPA stands for the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, and it applies to anyone who hasn't reached their 13th birthday yet.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

soilentgringa

Re: Post Adoptees Here (Crabs that need a new home)

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:36 pm

powerfulpup wrote:I have two PPs that currently live in shells with openings of approximately 1 1/8". They prefer turbos even though they originally lived in murex. I've had them for a number of years but if one goes I don't want the other to be alone, so I'd like to adopt them out together. I'm willing to travel a couple hours or consider using USPS. Please PM if you're able to help. Thanks.
Hi, where are you located?

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Rock and murry

Post by Rock and murry » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:36 pm

[quote="plasticbile"]I'm currently looking for someone in the Tucson, AZ area to adopt 3 purple pinchers. I can possibly get out an hour away from my area.

can you ship them?

SHAUSA

Post by SHAUSA » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:04 pm

HCA Adoptions wrote:This gorgeous big guy/gal is still looking for a home near Seattle, WA! The owner is not considering shipping this time of year due to the risk. They have had him for 5 years and he will come with extra shells, climbing trees and possibly the 55 gallon tank he's been living in. He used to be with other crabs, but sadly he is the last.

Greetings!
I live in West Seattle Washington
I'm looking to adopt one two purple pinchers. I have one PP and I believe I also have an Ecuadorian even though I was told he was a PP. Both were given to my 2 year old granddaughter as a birthday gift. I learned quickly that they'd both be dead if I didn't help care for them. It's been over a year and they've both molted twice. I believe I've finally mastered the basic finesse they need to thrive, especially the temp range (74-78) and humidity (75-85). They're in a 20gal long with a screen top that I partially cover with plexiglass for humidity control. There are two levels, moss pits, grape vines, climbing wall, rocks made into shelters, appropriate growth shells, under tank heater on one side of tank, coconut and safe sand for substrate about 4" deep, conditioned water and Ocean brand bathing water. I feed them dried meal worms, kelp, krill, seeds, nuts, organic fruits and veges. I haven't given them meat, poultry or fish but, tonight I'm offering sardines on oil.
I think one or two buddies might make them very happy. They stick together in the rock caves and even perch on top of the grape vines together for hours!! I think hermit crabs should be left in their natural habitat but, I'm their caretaker now and have grown to love these little guys.
I think I would make a great caretaker for a crabbie or two that need a new home and new family.
I live in West Seattle, Washington 98136 and have a car. My home is smoke free and I have no other pets. I have the financial ability to properly take care of a new addition or two.
Thank you for considering me.
Sharon