Bundy's DIY Humidifier :D

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Visual

Re: Bundy's DIY Humidifier :D

Post by Visual » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:40 am

I'm not sure the protocol on posting to pinned posts but I make a simple version of this yesterday and I'm loving it in my tank. I used a really small mouthed clean glass bottle buried in my substrate. Filled with dechlorinated h2o, pop the air stone in there, bam! Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

kieagcarm

Post by kieagcarm » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:45 am

Visual wrote:I'm not sure the protocol on posting to pinned posts but I make a simple version of this yesterday and I'm loving it in my tank. I used a really small mouthed clean glass bottle buried in my substrate. Filled with dechlorinated h2o, pop the air stone in there, bam! Image

So why does this raise humidity better than just putting bubblers in the fw sw pools? I'm so confused

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
"Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions."

Visual

Post by Visual » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:13 am

Maybe it doesn't. I just know that when I first introduced the bubbler to my tank the crabs seemed to avoid it. It also sped up the evaporation process in my water bowls. I just thought I'd try this because I was upping my insulation also and I already had the supplies on hand. I don't have my meter yet but I've already experienced raised Temps with the insulation. I know that doesn't help clear things up. Lol

Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Rawrgeous
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Rawrgeous » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:30 am

It's literally the exact same thing but in a bottle, but it still gets the job done. :)

Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:21 pm

In the original Bundy humidifier, what's the point of putting sponges in the jars?