Command hooks?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
HermieHank

Command hooks?

Post by HermieHank » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:07 am

Has anyone had any luck using Command hooks in their crabitats? I've got a hemp net and some plastic plants I want to affix to the glass. I've been using suction cups, but they come down so often. I was going to upgrade to Command hooks but I'm wondering how they hold up in the humidity long term.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Re: Command hooks?

Post by soilentgringa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:33 am

I've heard the Command hooks for the bathroom work well. They're designed to hold up in humidity. I'm about to use some myself.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:45 am

I use them. No problems.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
HermieHank

Post by HermieHank » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:46 am

Awesome! Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:02 pm

I also use them with no problem. They make outdoor ones as well.

I personally use the velcro type backing. My humidity stays at 99%. I think the main thing is making sure that the surface is clean before you apply the one that is on the "wall". Then, you apply pressure and don't hang anything on it for at least a couple of minutes. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:39 pm

ones that i put along the top of the tank I add a drop of aquarium silicone before sticking them. It gives a little extra hold just in case. I'm also able to remove them when i pull the command hook off like normal. I haven't had any issues with them not coming off after.
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:02 am

If you put silicone in your tank the tank has to be empty of crabs and fumes allowed to dissipate before putting crabs back in.
ciaraalston wrote:ones that i put along the top of the tank I add a drop of aquarium silicone before sticking them. It gives a little extra hold just in case. I'm also able to remove them when i pull the command hook off like normal. I haven't had any issues with them not coming off after.

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:10 am

Oh yes, I forgot that part. Thank you so much for catching that @soilentgringa!! ImageImage
soilentgringa wrote:If you put silicone in your tank the tank has to be empty of crabs and fumes allowed to dissipate before putting crabs back in.
ciaraalston wrote:ones that i put along the top of the tank I add a drop of aquarium silicone before sticking them. It gives a little extra hold just in case. I'm also able to remove them when i pull the command hook off like normal. I haven't had any issues with them not coming off after.
Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot