Top for a 40g Breeder?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
zokirova

Top for a 40g Breeder?

Post by zokirova » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am

Hello, I am currently working on a 40g breeder tank. I have a UVB hood light I'm going to place on top. Any ideas for Ideal set up? Show me pictures if you have some please!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Top for a 40g Breeder?

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Best thing would be to get a screen lid and then plexiglass on top of that - with a hole cut out for the light...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
zokirova

Post by zokirova » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Thank you. That's what I just did with my 75 gallon not knowing anything different. I think the pet industry needs to tap into the HC business instead of all these modified things.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:44 pm

zokirova wrote:Thank you. That's what I just did with my 75 gallon not knowing anything different. I think the pet industry needs to tap into the HC business instead of all these modified things.
Haha, since you've already set up a tank, you may find it a little like copy and paste! Trust your gut instinct, it works quite well IMO when keeping crabs.

(And no. Pet industry can stay away from hermies.. they've already done enough damage! ;) )

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
zokirova

Post by zokirova » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Yes, damage for sure!