Second floor compilation

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
SonicRivera

Second floor compilation

Post by SonicRivera » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:01 am

Just post your pictures of your second floors, weather it's just a small hammock or a literal second floor! Coolest picture is the coolest! :crabbigsmile:

ciaraalston

Re: Second floor compilation

Post by ciaraalston » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Here's my tank in the making, I've added the shelf for the shell shop. I'll also be adding a shelf on the right side for food dishes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Tue May 21, 2019 5:01 pm

My second level is simple, and I plan on making a new one,but the crabbies love it. Btw the red basket actually isn't in my tank I was seeing if it fit but then it didn't. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

My pets! Trixie(dachshund) Bella(yorkie poo) Hermy(female pp) Dory(male pp) (btw I named Hermy and Dory before I new their gender oops) lots of Marimos!

Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Tue May 21, 2019 5:02 pm

ciaraalston wrote:Here's my tank in the making, I've added the shelf for the shell shop. I'll also be adding a shelf on the right side for food dishes

What is the material called that you used to make your awesome climbing walls and second level?

My pets! Trixie(dachshund) Bella(yorkie poo) Hermy(female pp) Dory(male pp) (btw I named Hermy and Dory before I new their gender oops) lots of Marimos!

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Tue May 21, 2019 5:05 pm

Cococrabgirl! wrote:What is the material called that you used to make your awesome climbing walls and second level?

its egg crate light diffuser. It's in the lumber/insulation section at home depot. A 4 feet by 3 feet sheet is about $13.
This idea came from @aussieJJdude and @Motocrab Image

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.

Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Tue May 21, 2019 5:07 pm

ciaraalston wrote:its egg crate light diffuser. It's in the lumber/insulation section at home depot. A 4 feet by 3 feet sheet is about $13.
This idea came from @aussieJJdude and @Motocrab Image

Thank you! I am definitely going to get some! What did you use to cut it into smaller pieces?

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Tue May 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Cococrabgirl! wrote:Thank you! I am definitely going to get some! What did you use to cut it into smaller pieces?

It breaks easily. I used the handle of a screwdriver, my boyfriend used the the flat edge of a heavy knife. It just takes a hard whack at it and it breaks. But I highly recommend doing it outside! Pieces fly everywhere and they're very small. Stepping on them feels like stomping on a Lego! It's a huge mess lol

Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Tue May 21, 2019 5:11 pm

ciaraalston wrote:It breaks easily. I used the handle of a screwdriver, my boyfriend used the the flat edge of a heavy knife. It just takes a hard whack at it and it breaks. But I highly recommend doing it outside! Pieces fly everywhere and they're very small. Stepping on them feels like stomping on a Lego! It's a huge mess lol

Thank you! And thank you very much on the heads up on it breaking. If it got stuck in my mom's foot it would cause serious damage. So thank you!

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Tue May 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Cococrabgirl! wrote:Thank you! And thank you very much on the heads up on it breaking. If it got stuck in my mom's foot it would cause serious damage. So thank you!

You're welcome!! We have dogs and I made a huge mess which we quickly realized needed to be cleaned up before they got into it!

Cococrabgirl!

Post by Cococrabgirl! » Tue May 21, 2019 5:24 pm

ciaraalston wrote:You're welcome!! We have dogs and I made a huge mess which we quickly realized needed to be cleaned up before they got into it!

Oh that could have ended bad.Thankful you realized that.

FairyDefender

Post by FairyDefender » Fri May 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Do u have a UTH on the back of your tat & if so does the egg crate affect heating? I love the idea but I'm struggling to maintain heat already. I've decided I'm going to have to add another UTH I'm just afraid it will be to hot then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Fri May 31, 2019 8:57 pm

FairyDefender wrote:Do u have a UTH on the back of your tat & if so does the egg crate affect heating? I love the idea but I'm struggling to maintain heat already. I've decided I'm going to have to add another UTH I'm just afraid it will be to hot then.

I personally haven't had any issues with heating and the egg crate. I used to have a cocofiber mat across my tank and I struggled to keep the temp up. Since I set this tank up, the temp has stayed between 79 and 85 on average. Usually about 82 or 83

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 pm

Wire cutters or scissors (scissors that you don't mind ruining)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ImageImageImageImage
6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

FairyDefender

Post by FairyDefender » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:35 am

OIC. I was thinking about the cocofiber over the egg crate. That would probably cause heating issues like that. Thanks for the reply

MauiMama

Post by MauiMama » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Here's mine! I built the platforms and bridge out of popsicle sticks, bamboo shoots and twine.

•°☆~♡~☆°• MauiMama•°☆~♡~☆°•