Crab Upgrade?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Crab Upgrade?

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:34 pm

Ok, get ready for a long post. I've been wanting to upgrade my 2 crabs crabitat for a long time now. As many of you know 10 gallons just doesn't do it for people who want to go above and beyond for their crabbies. I want to get them a bigger tank but, those cost a lot of money, for not very much space. So what do you all think about using a tote for their crabitat? They are a lot cheaper and they have more space, but is it ok for the crabs? I don't see anything wrong with it but I wanted more opinions

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crab Upgrade?

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:48 pm

Totes are fine to use. Used them in the past without issues, but I just dont like them as well as glass tanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:14 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Totes are fine to use. Used them in the past without issues, but I just dont like them as well as glass tanks.

Ok thank youImage I'll keep y'all updated if I do a upgradeImageImageImage

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

The Crab Maid

Post by The Crab Maid » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:23 pm

I'm using a 50g tote, I love it. The only downside is that although it's clear, it's not as clear as glass. And it makes it tricky to use heaters because they really don't like sticking to plastic.
_φ(°-°=) ...... _φ( °-°)/ ...... φ(..)...... φ(..;) ..... φ(´д`o)

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:56 pm

Pelagic wrote:I'm using a 50g tote, I love it. The only downside is that although it's clear, it's not as clear as glass. And it makes it tricky to use heaters because they really don't like sticking to plastic.
I'm definitely NOT a professional or anythingImage especially about totes, but have you considered using electric tape to stick the heating pad?

The Crab Maid

Post by The Crab Maid » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:39 pm

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:56 pm
I'm definitely NOT a professional or anythingImage especially about totes, but have you considered using electric tape to stick the heating pad?

That’s exactly what I did. :lol:
_φ(°-°=) ...... _φ( °-°)/ ...... φ(..)...... φ(..;) ..... φ(´д`o)

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:08 am

Pelagic wrote: That’s exactly what I did. Image
Awesome!!!Image

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:17 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Totes are fine to use. Used them in the past without issues, but I just dont like them as well as glass tanks.

May I ask why you prefer glass aquariums? Image

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:44 pm

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:May I ask why you prefer glass aquariums? Image

You may ^_^

I found when I had them in a tote it was very hard to enjoy them. Viewing them as they walk around is what makes it fun for me, and not being able to view then properly is a big negative for me.

Plus I found I wasn't as actively caring for them, and not really doing much besides throwing in food and changing water... in a glass tank, I can see in easier... and things stick out a bit more, like spot cleaning food that's been dragged around ect.

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:26 am

Ok thank you