Holy Crab Mesh!

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Motörcrab

Holy Crab Mesh!

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:46 pm

We were trying to find different colors of crab mesh locally but weren't having much luck. The usual colors avaliable are black and white. Even with a stop at our nearest Hobby Lobby, 2 hours away, only led to a hand full of other colors.

We ended up resorting to online! We managed to order from Joann's and got a pretty good variety of what we needed. We entered a code for free shipping and a week later it arrived! A pack of 12 pieces averaged between $6.99 and $10.99 depending on color for 12 sheets. That comes out to $0.58 to $0.91 per sheet. The average in stores is around $0.79.

If you are looking add some color to your crabitat definitely check out your online options!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

scuttlecrusty22

Re: Holy Crab Mesh!

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:09 am

I found most different colors can be found in eBay At my local craft stores they just have a white option.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Interesting. It must depend on where you live. My craft stores sell all sorts of colors!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:48 pm

I'd like to find yellow. My husband makes Crabby Cubes and wants to make them as colorful as possible. Our crabbies love picking the foods out of them. We have only put popcorn in so far. It gives them a challenge to dig the food out. We find them all over the tank!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Xenocrab on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:28 pm

Last time we were at Hobby Lobby back in the fall they had a ton of colors to pick from. This time they were out of a lot of them and the colors they had they only had a sheet or two. We stopped at a Michaels yesterday and didn't see ANY mesh sheets at all. Last time we were at our local Michaels it was on clearance. I'm hoping they don't discontinue it in their stores.

I was looking all over on ebay, amazon, and other places for different colors. Most places had some colors or out of stock on others. With some reviews the description read getting 10 sheets for whatever price like I got. Then they only received a single sheet! One place on ebay wanted to charge additional shipping per color! Sorry but there is no way a 5 pound box of mesh should be $35-$40 shipping for standard 5-7 day delivery! Shipping was as much, if not more than the mesh!

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:48 pm

I’ll try to check my local craft shop and if I can find some yellow I’ll bring it with me and give it to u at CrabCon. When I was looking for it they had rainbow of colors. How many sheets do you want? I can’t remember how much it was but it wasn’t expensive.

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 pm

That would be awesome! It's usually around $0.70 a sheet. I think 3 or 4 sheets would be plenty.

The one lady at work recommended a store near us. They would be closed by the time I would get there during the week. Our Saturdays are usually filled with random travels out of the area. It will probably be a few weeks until we can make a visit there.

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:56 pm

I forget where I ordered my black and green from. It wasn’t Joanne’s but it was definitely online. Colors look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:44 am

Xenocrab wrote:I'd like to find yellow. My husband makes Crabby Cubes and wants to make them as colorful as possible. Our crabbies love picking the foods out of them. We have only out popcorn in so far. It gives them a challenge to dig the food out. We find them all over the tank!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Now that's just precious! Great idea!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot