Crab mesh?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
JenniferRallison

Crab mesh?

Post by JenniferRallison » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:00 am

I’m wanted to upgrade my tank with decor and want to use what people are referring to on here as crab mesh, however we couldn’t find it in any craft store, Walmart or any stores like Lowe’s. I tried to search to buy online but when I look up crab mesh nothing even close comes up to what I see people have. What is the proper name for the material? Or what/where do I search to purchase it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crab mesh?

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 am

Craft mesh, prehaps? Its bendy mesh commonly used for cross stitching, and sounds to be what you're after.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:29 am

Yes, plastic craft mesh. We find ours at Michael's, but the colors are limited there. Hobby Lobby has a good variety. My husband and I have a habit of crabitizing everything! You can also find the craft mesh online too. It works great with zip ties.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

RiNiKy506

Crab mesh?

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:27 pm

Craft mesh or plastic canvas. Most craft stores usually have at least the clear color. I can’t remember if our Walmart had it or not, I think so but not 100% sure. It’s usually with the stuff so do cross stitch. Xenocrab and Motorcrab are the queen and king of crab mesh diy.

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Crab mesh!Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Where I am from in Canada, we call it 'plastic canvas'. Michael's should have it too.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers