Dog Walking Business

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
HappyHermit0916

Dog Walking Business

Post by HappyHermit0916 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:47 pm

I am thinking of starting a dog walking business any thoughts???
29 gallon crabitat and 20 gallon long crabitat
My hermit crab YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJWuO8Urh5X94yipfRNiVRA
RIP Lola, the best hermit crab
Love you Reynie, Piper, Opal, Ridley, and Jasper

skygreg007

Re: Dog Walking Business

Post by skygreg007 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:06 pm

That's super cool! Lots of people use dog walkers while they are away at work and I imagine a lot of seniors may need help with getting their dog's energy out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dog Walking Business

Post by JoeHermits » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:48 pm

As long as you plan ahead to make sure everyone stays safe.

Stay in familiar areas and make sure someone knows where you are at all times.

Have a plan in case something dangerous happens while walking a dog, such as bad weather or a bad person. Can you leave safely with a dog in tow (large or small) or will you have to leave someone’s dog behind?

If there’s a medical emergency, you’ll need to figure out how to handle it, either by contacting the owner or even by bringing the dog to the vet yourself. This may vary greatly based on the dog’s health and owner’s preferences.

If a dog escapes or otherwise misbehaves, who’s responsible, you or the owner? Who pays for damages if the dog causes trouble?

Any business is a lot of work. Walking dogs can be fun but it’s also a big responsibility that takes time, trust, planning, and commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk