New Pet Ideas?

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: New Pet Ideas?

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 am

Research which species of millipede you are considering, not all do great in captivity, and not all will breed easily if you wanted to keep them going over time! Like hermits, many are wild caught because they look cool. I tried several myself before fully understanding and it ended in heartbreak. Loved my bumblebee millis! Isopods got in their enclosure and wiped out all the babies and I lost them.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
crabs_lex

Post by crabs_lex » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:36 am

wodesorel wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 am
Research which species of millipede you are considering, not all do great in captivity, and not all will breed easily if you wanted to keep them going over time! Like hermits, many are wild caught because they look cool. I tried several myself before fully understanding and it ended in heartbreak. Loved my bumblebee millis! Isopods got in their enclosure and wiped out all the babies and I lost them.
oh no! but yeah thank you for that advice!!

FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:46 pm

I was going to say hognose snake (male westerns can live in a ten gallon), but snails sound super cool to.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

HermieBingo

Post by HermieBingo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Kinda really late, but you could get a few goldfish. Maybe. Just saying. :) ha ha ha
My only crabbie Charolette :)
R.I.P. Bingo

Topic author
crabs_lex

Post by crabs_lex » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 pm

i used to have so many and they got so big because i had them forever but i already have one fish tank and i don’t think i want more fish lol
but will definitely reconsider when the fish tank is empty again considering my snails should live for a year and the betta lives a couple years