Dog help please

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
Kaleighshermies

Dog help please

Post by Kaleighshermies » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Sorry I just don’t know where else to go right now and this is such a caring community i feel comfortable asking for opinions. Since it’s night time I can’t call the vet and I will be up all night thinking and worrying about it. I just noticed tonight my dog has a red bump on his stomach. Looks very irritated and like a blister of some sort or giant pimple. I know he gets hot spots but they are generally flat I’ve never seen one inflamed. I’m so worried has anyone seen something like this before? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 PP Hermies I think? Lost count tbh 5 PPs and 2 Es
Crabbing since 2004

NeWbE123

Re: Dog help please

Post by NeWbE123 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:41 pm

It’s like a skin tag. But for dogs. It’s harmless. If it keeps growing go to the vet to have it tested for cancerous cells.

Vincent [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ Mischievous [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ Hercules[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Mischievous, vincent and newest baby Hercules

NeWbE123

Post by NeWbE123 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Not the best picture but if you look at his hind leg you can see kind of the same thing.

Vincent [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ Mischievous [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ Hercules[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Mischievous, vincent and newest baby Hercules

Topic author
Kaleighshermies

Post by Kaleighshermies » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:47 pm

That’s my biggest fear I’ve seen so many dogs over the years with cancerous masses that get so big and impossible to remove. A skin tag can be that red?

Thanks so much for responding by the way I’m so upset about it.

Crabbing since 2004

Topic author
Kaleighshermies

Post by Kaleighshermies » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Just saw the photo yes that’s very similar. God I hope your right

Crabbing since 2004

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Could be a harmless cyst as well. Bright red is usually better than other colors. Call when you can for an appointment, maybe within the next week just to be safe. Lumps and bumps on our furry friends is common! Rarely is it an issue, but that's why we have vets to check. I always freak out as well (30 cats, so we see a LOT of stuff) but only once has it been cancerous and we were lucky to catch it in time. It really should be fine and it isn't an emergency.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Kaleighshermies

Post by Kaleighshermies » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:42 am

Thank you so much for reaching out. Kept my mind as ease. Glad I can always count on this community

Crabbing since 2004

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello :) It looks like a sebaceous cyst to me, because it looks as though it has a head. I would definitely get it checked out by your vet. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Kaleighshermies

Post by Kaleighshermies » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am

Hey everyone,
Thank you for those of you that took the time to take a look and give me your input it was nice to put my mind at ease until he had his vet appointment. It is nothing serious, no bad cells and will go away. (I believe it actually went away already his appointment was in early January and kept an eye on it and haven't noticed it in a few weeks)
Wanted to thank everyone again! I know this is a hermit crab website but at that moment I was frantic and didn't know where else to go. This is absolutely the best community I have ever been apart of.
Thanks again from me and Benson :)
Crabbing since 2004