My new Addition!!!

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

My new Addition!!!

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Well I did it again!!!Image I added a new addition to my pet family. I finally got a parakeet!ImageImage I got him about 7 weeks ago and he is all settled into his new home. This is my first bird so I am very excited to have him!ImageImage If anybody has any suggestions feel free to leave them in the comments!!!ImageImageImage He is pretty loud and talkative!!!ImageImageImage

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Hermiesguardian

Re: My new Addition!!!

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:59 pm

I had the exact same bird as a child. His name was Tweet Tweet.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:16 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:I had the exact same bird as a child. His name was Tweet Tweet.
Aww so sweet! My birds name is SkittlesImage

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 am

Aww he is so cute! I always had a parakeet growing up, I’d love to get another. One I had for a really long time, her name was Silver, she even said “pretty bird” it wasn’t very clear but you could make out what she said. I probably had about 3/4 of them up until I turned 18, she was the only one that I ever got to talk though. I think she said something else but I can’t remember. They’re such happy, friendly little guys.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:40 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:Aww he is so cute! I always had a parakeet growing up, I’d love to get another. One I had for a really long time, her name was Silver, she even said “pretty bird” it wasn’t very clear but you could make out what she said. I probably had about 3/4 of them up until I turned 18, she was the only one that I ever got to talk though. I think she said something else but I can’t remember. They’re such happy, friendly little guys.
Yes they really are!!!ImageImage I'm very excited about my journey with having this little guy!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 am

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:16 am
Aww so sweet! My birds name is SkittlesImage

Much more original. :D
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:31 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 am
Much more original. :D
Lol thank you! :hlol:

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Aw so super cute!! I'd love to have a bird, but I'd have to live in the garage to make room for another pet in the house lol.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:40 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 pm
Aw so super cute!! I'd love to have a bird, but I'd have to live in the garage to make room for another pet in the house lol. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Yeah lol I'm lucky to have a big room!!! :hlol:

Maddamay32

Post by Maddamay32 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:07 am

aww so sweet!
8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:16 am

Maddamay32 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:07 am
aww so sweet!
Thank You! :love::

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:03 am

Congratulations! When I was a pre teen we had a parakeet names Dudley I loved him so much! I got to take him when I moved out of the house to college. He said all sorts of things. Make sure you give him a Cuttlebone and oystershell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 am

GotButterflies wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:03 am
Congratulations! When I was a pre teen we had a parakeet names Dudley Image I loved him so much! I got to take him when I moved out of the house to college. He said all sorts of things. Make sure you give him a Cuttlebone and oystershell Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dudley is such an adorable name!!! Skittles has a cuttlebone but I keep the oystershell in mind!!! :clap:

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Congrats.

I use to keep/breed budgies when I was little, amazing little dudes! Keep them well stimulated, and if kept similarly ensure that you're socializing with it as they can get lonely.

They also love fruits (watermelon, rockmelon and apples) so would also reccomend giving them fruit for a varied diet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:37 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 pm
Congrats.

I use to keep/breed budgies when I was little, amazing little dudes! Keep them well stimulated, and if kept similarly ensure that you're socializing with it as they can get lonely.

They also love fruits (watermelon, rockmelon and apples) so would also reccomend giving them fruit for a varied diet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thank you I sure will! :banana: