Donations

Please Help us out by donating!

Your contribution help pay for hosting and other site maintenance!

Sub Menu
Search

I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Moderators: Moderators (Senior), Moderators (Junior), Moderators (Standard)

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: Xenocrab » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:09 pm

We went to a store called "That Fish Place" in Lancaster. We traveled about 2 hours since we live in central PA. They have all size tanks and matching sized lids. Look at their site on line. It's a ginormous store. We get a lot of our supplies there for much cheaper than pet stores like Pet Co and Pet Smart.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Xenocrab
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: Motörcrab » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 pm

That Fish Place, That Pet Place is awesome! Without exaggerating their showroom area is easily the size of 5-6 PetSmarts. That doesn't even include their reptile, amphibian room, or their fish room! We easily end up spending 2 hours each time we visit! They even have a sting ray petting area! I must say that they actually have one of the better hermit crab enclosures too. They are listed in the HCA's links section too. I did a store review on here a few months ago with a few pictures.

Here is a quick link to their canopies and glass tops.

https://www.thatpetplace.com/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-canopies-hoods/aquarium-glass-canopies
5 Strawberries: Diablo, Mephistopheles (Mephy), Beelzebub (Beez), Abaddon (Abby), Amon
3 PP's: Crabcake The Mighty, Crabsecutioner, Crabus Maximus
User avatar
Motörcrab
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:56 pm
Location: Coal Region in Pennsylvania

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Motörcrab wrote:That Fish Place, That Pet Place is awesome! Without exaggerating their showroom area is easily the size of 5-6 PetSmarts. That doesn't even include their reptile, amphibian room, or their fish room! We easily end up spending 2 hours each time we visit! They even have a sting ray petting area! I must say that they actually have one of the better hermit crab enclosures too. They are listed in the HCA's links section too. I did a store review on here a few months ago with a few pictures.

Here is a quick link to their canopies and glass tops.

https://www.thatpetplace.com/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-canopies-hoods/aquarium-glass-canopies


I need to make a roadtrip someday... definitely before I set up my 55.
User avatar
LeeHasCrabs
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:06 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:05 am

Does anyone know where you can get a clear or natural color hamster wheel? Most I see are purple, green, or red. Thanks!
User avatar
LeeHasCrabs
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:06 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: RiNiKy506 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:26 pm

ApePlanet wrote:Does anyone know where you can get a clear or natural color hamster wheel? Most I see are purple, green, or red. Thanks!

Search eBay for “clear hamster wheel”, the only ones I could find were in China. It had a metal nut on the back of it where it attaches to the stand, I’m not sure how it would be with the humidity. Unless someone else has seen a better one, that’s what I found with a quick internet search. Internet search works for everything.


♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->
User avatar
RiNiKy506
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: Xenocrab » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 pm

I bought the water dishes at the dollar tree. I used plastic craft mesh and zip ties so they could walk in and out safely. I put double dishes in so i can take the top one out to clean and fill without disturbing the sand and crabs below.
User avatar
Xenocrab
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: jstein » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Bought a new tank - 20 gal long - got lid ordered from that fish place - this tank was really dirty - housed turtles and then left outside - I’ve cleaned it up, what is the best way to sterilize or what should I use to do a final wipe down before I transfer? Also I would be happy for any suggestions for homemade crab stuff - ways for them to crawl up to another level. I’m super excited about starting my bigger tank which means I can add another crab.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
jstein
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Location: Green Cove Springs, FL

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: jstein » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Image. Do I have too many shells in the tank? All 3 of my crabs are completely different sizes
User avatar
jstein
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 pm
Location: Green Cove Springs, FL

Re: I redesigned the 30 gallon tank today!

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:09 pm

jstein wrote:Image. Do I have too many shells in the tank? All 3 of my crabs are completely different sizes


Very cool! I never know about how many shells I should put in either or if I should put them on the floor or in a shell shop. Mine are in a second level shell shop now.
User avatar
LeeHasCrabs
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:06 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Previous

Return to Pictures

Who is online

Registered users: Exabot [Bot], fishbone, Google [Bot], Husker, Majestic-12 [Bot]