4 New PPs

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
ViiT

4 New PPs

Post by ViiT » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:51 pm

I got 4 PPs for my 17th birthday, so here are pictures as promised :)

Tarquin F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuitbarrel (Male, Medium) - Definitely the most friendly of the four. He came in that beautiful turbo.

Heisenberg (Male, Small, Green shell) and Schrödinger (Female, Small, Banded Tapestry Turbo) - Schrodinger is shy, Heisenberg is very active. The two have been pretty much inseparable, it's adorable. They won't let me get good pictures though :c

Tesla (Female, Teeny) - I hadn't originally intended to get a fourth hermit crab, but I saw this one and couldn't resist. She was showing signs of molting and would not have survived long in the shop. I'm very glad I got her though, she's so fun to watch when she climbs the vines in the tank.

I'm about 48 hours into owning them and I've already heard Tarquin chirp and I got to watch Heisenberg change shells twice :D
40GB/6 PPs: Heisenberg (M), Hobbles (M), Schrödinger (F), Tesla (F), Icarus (?), 1 Un-named Micro
5G Isopod Tank: 3 Successful Reproductions

CallaLily

Re: 4 New PPs

Post by CallaLily » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Very cute crabs. The really little ones are sooo adorable and grow way too fast!

klowns

Post by klowns » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:30 pm

definetely wish i had some smaller crabbies! very cool! all my guys are pretty close to medium+ except my marble size E. who is probably my favorite now, even over my straws.
Reppin' AZ!

Topic author
ViiT

Post by ViiT » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Also, Heisenberg likes to mess with my setup...

40GB/6 PPs: Heisenberg (M), Hobbles (M), Schrödinger (F), Tesla (F), Icarus (?), 1 Un-named Micro
5G Isopod Tank: 3 Successful Reproductions

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Cute messing with the setup now. Lol I thought so too. A few weeks later and about a dozen times putting the suction cups back on, I wished I only had little guys. Lol my biggest is extra large and omg I call him the destroyer of my plants. He pops off all the suction cups when he climbs (fat hermit!) And eats the fake flowers. Your crabs are so cute and tiny. :) I enjoy the littlest ones climbing so much more than the big guys. Less suction cup battles that way.
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above