My babies!!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
kornchaser

My babies!!

Post by kornchaser » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Image Image This is Octavius Flemming my biggest boy and one of my originals
Image Image This is Bruiser one of my newest. He let me hold his today without pinching!!
Image Kita :)Image Octavius and Matty in his old shell he is now in a Babylonian shell.
I don't have photos of Junior, Kaylee, Willow or Pepper on here yet. My current main Crabitat which is a 20gallon long 30x12x12 Image

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
-

tykesanimalkingdom

Re: My babies!!

Post by tykesanimalkingdom » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Cute crabbies! :D and your tank set up looks great!

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:21 pm

What's the center decoration? The one with dark tops and lighter on the bottom? Love the tat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crabby crew of 17- Bob, Lil Mama, Squirt, Guppy, Deacon, Madison, Bash, Thumbelina, Wilson, George, Rosie, Hercules, Speedy, Jeff, Jerry, Keen, and Reddington :)

Topic author
kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 am

It's a plastic mushroom trunk I believe, I got it from Pet Smart.

Hermie mommy of 10 PP babies: Octavius Flemming, Poseidon, Bruiser, Junior, Matty Pumpkin, Turbo, Kaylee Frye, Pepper, Flower and Adrian Shephard.
-

Topic author
kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Junior like to climb on the cave :) ImageImage
Poseidon and Matty in the moss pit!Image

Hermie mommy of 10 PP babies: Octavius Flemming, Poseidon, Bruiser, Junior, Matty Pumpkin, Turbo, Kaylee Frye, Pepper, Flower and Adrian Shephard.
-

Topic author
kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:53 pm

It's been a loong time since I've done an update so here it goes.
I've got 11 hermits currently and sadly I lost Kida, Octavius and Bruiser mentioned above by molting problems / lack there of and an a dig up :( That was all a long time ago though.
I've lost track of which small crab is who so I'm in the process of re-naming them one by one as they come up from molting.
My current clan is in two separate tanks. The 20g tall has six 1/2"-3/4" shelled hermits (biggest to smallest) Kaylee, Aries, Turbo, Pepper, Flower and Freckles. This is Turbo (tiny murex) with someone (idk who, in a green turbo). Another pic, this one of Kaylee climbing the suction cups. ImageImage
My 37g has 5 from 1/2"-1 1/8" shelled crabbies (from biggest to smallest) Toby, Sid, Matty, Junior and Adrian. Photos -> Sid, Junior before his shell change, and Matty climbing. ImageImageImage No photos of the littlest Adrian because he only comes out at night or rather 3am. or Toby because he's digging around in the 12" of sub.

Mommy of 11 PP babies - Poseidon (Sid), Toby, Matty, Junior, Aries, Kaylee, Turbo, Adrian, Freckles, Pepper and Flower. RIP Octavius & Fred
-

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Nice update! Sid and Matty are sporting some pretty nifty shells :D .
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster

Topic author
kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:04 am

Crabinski wrote:Nice update! Sid and Matty are sporting some pretty nifty shells :D .
Thanks! They're great shells, they all love them. That striped tapestry you see Junior with is what he's in now. That's his first shell change with me!!

Mommy of 11 PP babies - Poseidon (Sid), Toby, Matty, Junior, Aries, Kaylee, Turbo, Adrian, Freckles, Pepper and Flower. RIP Octavius & Fred
-

Topic author
kornchaser

My babies!!

Post by kornchaser » Fri May 22, 2015 7:22 pm

The "idk who" pictured above passed away. The smalls I used to have in the 10g are in much better, cleaner conditions and doing much better now in the 20g I've had for a while. Currently 6 in there. Biggest to smallest about 7/8" - 1/2" Kaylee, Aries, Turbo, Flower, Boo and Freckles.
Needing to upgrade my 37g but I have from biggest to smallest Toby, Baby, Sid, Matty, Junior and Adrian.
•Sid and Matty at antenna wars, probably deciding who gets the mushroom log.
• Matty (turbo) and Baby (tulip) getting acquainted
•Adrian appreciating the leaves I straightened
•The Trench / unwanted shell hole
•Sid napping after a long night of claws on lid.
ImageImageImageImageImage

-

Topic author
kornchaser

My babies!!

Post by kornchaser » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:32 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
This little purple beauty has yet to be renamed since I lost track of everyone in the 20g tall. Love their coloring, every time I see them up I can't stop staring!
-

Topic author
kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:31 pm

I woke up to Toby already surfaced after an 85 day molt and destress!!! Yay!
-

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 am

This isn't even crab related but I'm a little envious of your long fingernails, LOL.

Topic author
kornchaser

Post by kornchaser » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:26 pm

soilentgringa wrote:This isn't even crab related but I'm a little envious of your long fingernails, LOL.
Thank ya my dear!
•Toby out of his too-small magpie and into a smaller petholatus. Even smaller than Sid's and Toby can't even hide his head let alone claws.
• Poseidon (Sid) is trashing the place, recently found out she's a she. But I forget and call her handsome every now and again oops.
•All these shells they could wear but nooooo they want tiny ones, 'cause fitting shells is ridiculous...
ImageImageImage
-