My "Hunger Games" Crew

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Nia

Re: My "Hunger Games" Crew

Post by Nia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:53 am

Tunnel party for your crew :lol:. I always wonder just what they are doing own there when they aren't molting :o. Starring at dirt just does not seem like much fun to me lol but then again I am not a hermie :P.
Mom to: 2 Kids,4 PP's, Cats, 1 Dogs, and whatever else gets put on my doorstep. (Box on doorstep. Hubby says,"Did you order anything?" I say "no". He says, "go get it, I don't want to know." Even tho he always ends up loving it or at least accepting it lol.)

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:22 am

Nia wrote:Tunnel party for your crew Image. I always wonder just what they are doing own there when they aren't molting :o. Starring at dirt just does not seem like much fun to me lol but then again I am not a hermie Image.
Good point. I never really thought about it. Hmmm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Topic author
Asheka

Post by Asheka » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Finnick has been happily destroying the tat. Unfortunately, no pics as I've been on low duty since I got two teeth pulled Saturday. Still sore and swollen, and the painkillers have been making me feel sick.
4 cats. 1 Dwarf African Frog. 1 amazing fiance. Four PPs; Peeta, Finnick, Katniss, and Rue.
Don't Hate What You Don't Understand PRIDE!
http://crabtaztic.blogspot.ca
Turning the gross and scary cute and merry at PlayfulDead Creationz

Kleinerhejhog

Post by Kleinerhejhog » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Oh, nooooo..... Feel better soon. :)

Nia

Post by Nia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you can recover soon. GL.
Mom to: 2 Kids,4 PP's, Cats, 1 Dogs, and whatever else gets put on my doorstep. (Box on doorstep. Hubby says,"Did you order anything?" I say "no". He says, "go get it, I don't want to know." Even tho he always ends up loving it or at least accepting it lol.)

Topic author
Asheka

Post by Asheka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:18 am

Thanks! I had to go back in Wednesday evening, after a useless visit to the hospital as I was still swollen and in pain, and they found some infection and prescribed me different painkillers as I complained that the T3s were beginning to make me sick. Unfortunately, the ibuprofen 600s weren't doing anything for the pain itself, so I'm back on the T3s. :pukeright: Thankfully, they wrote me a note keeping me off work until Saturday at least.

Finnick is still destroying the tat though heh and totally devouring the worm castings. Is there a specific nutrient in them I should be giving in another form? He's been doing a lot of digging too, just hope he doesn't disturb the three down right now.
4 cats. 1 Dwarf African Frog. 1 amazing fiance. Four PPs; Peeta, Finnick, Katniss, and Rue.

Topic author
Asheka

Post by Asheka » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:56 pm

So, apparently Finnick is disgruntled by the light cleaning I did last week, as he's been hiding ever since. I did discover the reason for the one huge pot hole leading under the pools today though! Either Katniss or Peeta is molting, and has a little window. I want to say the window is new in the last couple days as I'm sure I would've noticed before now.

Took a couple pictures, after having my fiance laugh at me when I ran back out to grab my phone exclaiming "I have a window molter!", but didn't want to disturb much. I placed something in front of them, as I have nothing to really hang over it.

Topic author
Asheka

Post by Asheka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:40 pm

Someone is up from their molt! Unfortunately, they may have changed shells at some point so I don't know who, but judging by the way they RAN into hiding I'm thinking Katniss. The window is gone as well, so I'm thinking that was them in the midst of coming back up.

Topic author
Asheka

Post by Asheka » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:52 am

Still making the assumption this is Katniss. Hiding out. Not much of the nut mix and shrimp were touched, but the fishy powder mixes and bug mix were definitely chowed on. Replaced the shrimp (smelly lol) with some HCP mineral mix and spurilina popcorn. Hopefully she'll chow down more and relax some. Haven't seen Finnick in a few days, he better not have gone back down :roll:

Topic author
Asheka

Post by Asheka » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 am

So, the Crabitat has been pretty quiet last few days, other than Katniss running into hiding when I enter the room :lol: I found the temp up to 92F last night though and hooked up the dimmer switch. Down to 88F this morning.
Also found some tunneling seems to be going on heh Hard to see, but there's a "mole hill" going on beside the plant heh