Okay, you creeper..

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
megmaholm

Okay, you creeper..

Post by megmaholm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Minding my own business, checking the temp in the 55, and I see this:

I don't know who it is (I can only reliably ID like..7 crabs) but he didn't even flinch when I stuck my phone in his face for a pic. He's probably wondering why I didn't feed him. I hate when they stare at me, haha!
Crabbing since July 2014! 75 gallon with 12 Purple Pinchers.

AutumnHermie

Re: Okay, you creeper..

Post by AutumnHermie » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Remember that picture you posted a while back about your crabbies planning world domination? I'm telling you, you need to evacuate the house immediately :P :lol:
Owner of 12 PP's , 4 Blue's, and 2 straw's.

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:40 pm

Lol I can relate. I have one of my tanks beside my couch so I can admire them, sometimes I look over from watching tv and I see those black beady eyes staring me down. Sometimes it's a group of those eyes which is worse. Though I'm usually the one creeping on them

Topic author
megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:47 pm

AutumnHermie wrote:Remember that picture you posted a while back about your crabbies planning world domination? I'm telling you, you need to evacuate the house immediately :P :lol:
Ahh why would you remind me about that?! :hlol:
rainbow_crab wrote:Lol I can relate. I have one of my tanks beside my couch so I can admire them, sometimes I look over from watching tv and I see those black beady eyes staring me down. Sometimes it's a group of those eyes which is worse. Though I'm usually the one creeping on them
Both of my tanks are in the living room so I can see them, and usually there's at least one set of eyes staring at me. Or it's a crab loudly trying to climb the glass for the 20th night in a row (not naming names, but dang it, Biggie!) or there's random chirping for no reason that I can tell.

landlubber

Post by landlubber » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Whoever it is they look adorable! Such soft, pretty coloring. I like the puppy dog eyes they have. :puppydogeyes:: How can critters with eyestalks, no eyebrows or face to speak for expression, manage such clearly darling puppy dog eyes? Never fails to amaze me.
6 PPs, 4 Straws, 3 Es * 1 Teeny, 6 Smalls, 4 Mediums, 1 large and 1 Jumbo in a 70 gallon
1 Boxer puppy, 1 Yorchie mutt, 1 cat, 1 ball python, 1 boa

rainbow_crab

Post by rainbow_crab » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:19 pm

@landlubberhaha it's amazing isn't it? I have often wondered the same thing.

The random chirping is the worst! I always rush to the tank to see if I can spot a fight and I can never see anything! I hate it when I hear the clank in the middle of the night, the one when you think your crab broke the glass because it was so amazingly loud.

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:55 pm

If you hear a chirp and there is no crab around to make it, was there really a chirp?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

Topic author
megmaholm

Post by megmaholm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:47 pm

That's really too deep for me even think about, Kelly. :lol:
landlubber wrote:Whoever it is they look adorable! Such soft, pretty coloring. I like the puppy dog eyes they have. :puppydogeyes:: How can critters with eyestalks, no eyebrows or face to speak for expression, manage such clearly darling puppy dog eyes? Never fails to amaze me.
Thanks! They do have the cutest eyes. Of course, I would love to own a species with different shaped eyes but the PPs are cute enough. They totally express plenty of emotions with their wildly waving antenna. :lol:

Brthome85

Post by Brthome85 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:51 pm

rainbow_crab wrote:Lol I can relate. I have one of my tanks beside my couch so I can admire them, sometimes I look over from watching tv and I see those black beady eyes staring me down. Sometimes it's a group of those eyes which is worse. Though I'm usually the one creeping on them
So do mine. Lol

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk