20 gallon project

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

DarthKrab

Re: 20 gallon project

Post by DarthKrab » Tue May 10, 2016 1:02 pm

CrabbyCakes wrote:@Candie those pools are amazing! I am going to have to play around with the idea of rock steps now.

@DarthKrab, clearly I need to work on reading comprehension. Image You should have been like "yes, that was totally me."
I should have! Like, "yeah I've got the coolest pool in school"hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
4 PP's:Zelda, Chancho, Parker, Frankie Sinatra

"I find your lack of claw disturbing..."

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Love all the greenery and beautiful pools!! We have 3 hermies with so very different personalities. 2 out of the 3 prefer to site on the edge of the pools and kind of just dip their claws. Our third one likes to go in and out his face in the bubbler! Lol! I think I'm going to have to play around with the pools and see if I can do something similar like u have making a gentle slope with the rocks and maybe some seashells :D Thanks for sharing!! Great job! :crabbigsmile:

Topic author
Candie

Post by Candie » Fri May 20, 2016 11:50 am

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on this site for a while because of school projects, I got the green thingy that's on the shell shop from the dollar store, and thank you all for the complements on the water dishes, I just hated the unnatural look of plain ones, the original 2 crabs that I had, one died in a molt, I think because she was molting in the old tank and I moved it to a colder spot and took away the light, and the other Crab is down molting while I'm tacking mites, it scared me because the one that died was covered in white mites but I don't think they are the bad one, but food mites since in the main tank they leave the crabs alone and eat the food, they must have went to the dead crab since she died, it still makes me nervous because the other crab which Is my favorite is molting in the main tank which now had mites, before she went down to molt I took a part the whole tank and cleaned it and put new Substrate but they came back from the iso. I hope she makes the molt, in the mean time I got a new crab named dainty Delilah, she's soo small but she went down to molt in the Moss pit so I don't know if that's good or not because then it's not completely dark, so I leave off the light, I think with her since she so small is will be a 2 week molt, one week has past so fingers crossed, I had a dream that they both came up fine so hopefully a good omen, I get super stressed with molts since 2 have died in them

Topic author
Candie

Post by Candie » Fri May 20, 2016 11:57 am

As another thing I did, I added a huge cave to the corner with the plants but took it out the other day, I added a Moss pit in between the shell shop and the platform on the led side, they love it, the tank is a mess right now or else I would show you guys, the Substrate is uneven from me scooping out mites, hate the mites, I tried cleaning out the whole thing and they come back, probably because the other tank has them that I did not know of, now since my 2 crabs are molting I can't do that, most the mites have disappeared and I'm thinking they went down into the dirt, I'm scared they will find candie and end it

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:04 pm

So would using a hot glue gun be unsafe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Candie

Post by Candie » Fri May 20, 2016 1:29 pm

There isn't much long term effects we know of but the moisture makes it fall apart, if you do use it make sure so get all the little strings off and watch it