Echo

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

pandaincognito

Re: Echo

Post by pandaincognito » Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Awe!! Look ay the little tortoise!!!! He (she?) is adorable <3
-------
2 small pp, smeegle (m), shellshock (m); 1 small/medium pp, shelldon (f), 1 medium/large pp, Godzilla (m)
1 dog, bender the min pin. And one betta named Henry. I dont know if its a boy or a girl, its still pretty young.

DarthKrab

Post by DarthKrab » Fri May 06, 2016 11:22 am

SHERRYCOOPER5 wrote:Here is a pic of tollieImage

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
Tollie is gorgeous! Or handsome if it's a male lol.
I've always wanted a tortoise/bearded dragon/iguana lol Reptiles will always be my favorite even though all I have are crabs :hlol:
4 PP's:Zelda, Chancho, Parker, Frankie Sinatra

"I find your lack of claw disturbing..."

AutumnHermie

Post by AutumnHermie » Fri May 06, 2016 12:32 pm

DarthKrab wrote:
SHERRYCOOPER5 wrote:Ok thanks for the response back to me, and I did more research and I think they are little pp's also : )
I would like to make a (somewhat) educated guess and say that I wouldn't be surprised if your new friends' colors brightened after a molt or two :) Mine did when I got them. Except for Chancho.. He's been stubborn and hasn't gone down yet hahaha

Just wanted to add in my 2 cents.... The boost of color most likely comes from the larger amount of beta-carotene your giving them, especially since wherever they've been, whether it be a mall kiosk, a petstore, or a beach shop, they've most likely been given commercial pellets, which lack the proper nutrients for a healthy crab.
Owner of 12 PP's , 4 Blue's, and 2 straw's.

Topic author
SHERRYCOOPER5

Post by SHERRYCOOPER5 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah I've had her 4 years now from 2 weeks old...she is really cool I hope she lives a long time...I want to get a bearded dragon too but I have to save up some money lol

Sherry proud earth mother of:
Tollie-4 yr old Russian Tortoise
Finley-5 yr old Choco Lab
Beau-Male Beta
Betta-Female Beta-not in same tank as Beau
Echo, Mini, Brad (RIP) and Angelina, Pcush-small/ medium PP's

DarthKrab

Post by DarthKrab » Fri May 06, 2016 12:36 pm

SHERRYCOOPER5 wrote:Yeah I've had her 4 years now from 2 weeks old...she is really cool I hope she lives a long time...I want to get a bearded dragon too but I have to save up some money lol

I have to save money for a beardie as well haha :) Not sure when that's going to happen since I have so many projects planned already... Oofta. :shock:

Topic author
SHERRYCOOPER5

Post by SHERRYCOOPER5 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:37 pm

I noticed that mine always ate the carrot shreds in their dish and left the pellets there!

Beau-Male Beta

DarthKrab

Post by DarthKrab » Fri May 06, 2016 12:41 pm

AutumnHermie wrote:
DarthKrab wrote:
SHERRYCOOPER5 wrote:Ok thanks for the response back to me, and I did more research and I think they are little pp's also : )
I would like to make a (somewhat) educated guess and say that I wouldn't be surprised if your new friends' colors brightened after a molt or two :) Mine did when I got them. Except for Chancho.. He's been stubborn and hasn't gone down yet hahaha

Just wanted to add in my 2 cents.... The boost of color most likely comes from the larger amount of beta-carotene your giving them, especially since wherever they've been, whether it be a mall kiosk, a petstore, or a beach shop, they've most likely been given commercial pellets, which lack the proper nutrients for a healthy crab.
That actually makes a lot of sense because when I first got Zelda, the guy gave me some pellets for free but she never touched them from what I could see...
Here's what she looked like when I first got her Image

And here sheer is after I switched to wayyyy better foods and her first molt with me :) Image

I know the lighting is different in both photos but the difference in her color is still pretty clear I think.
I don't think we should be kept from having hermies as pets/friends but I definitely wish there was a way to stop sellers from misinforming people just to make a buck. :evil:

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Topic author
SHERRYCOOPER5

Post by SHERRYCOOPER5 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:50 pm

I agree and that's why forums like this are so important because we all benefit from each other's experiences and knowledge....

Beau-Male Beta

Topic author
SHERRYCOOPER5

Post by SHERRYCOOPER5 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:53 pm

She's really pretty and healthy ....I hope my little ones come up ok and look so good too!

Beau-Male Beta

DarthKrab

Post by DarthKrab » Fri May 06, 2016 1:39 pm

SHERRYCOOPER5 wrote:She's really pretty and healthy ....I hope my little ones come up ok and look so good too!

I'm sure they will :)
Well I hope you have fun observing your little pals. I know I do :crabbigsmile:

Topic author
SHERRYCOOPER5

Post by SHERRYCOOPER5 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:12 pm

I know it!! I can't wait lol I will upload more pics too : )

Beau-Male Beta

DarthKrab

Post by DarthKrab » Fri May 06, 2016 2:20 pm

SHERRYCOOPER5 wrote:I know it!! I can't wait lol I will upload more pics too : )

Can't wait to see them! :banana:

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:33 pm

DarthKrab wrote:
AutumnHermie wrote:
DarthKrab wrote: I would like to make a (somewhat) educated guess and say that I wouldn't be surprised if your new friends' colors brightened after a molt or two :) Mine did when I got them. Except for Chancho.. He's been stubborn and hasn't gone down yet hahaha

That actually makes a lot of sense because when I first got Zelda, the guy gave me some pellets for free but she never touched them from what I could see...
Here's what she looked like when I first got her Image

And here sheer is after I switched to wayyyy better foods and her first molt with me :) Image

I know the lighting is different in both photos but the difference in her color is still pretty clear I think.
I don't think we should be kept from having hermies as pets/friends but I definitely wish there was a way to stop sellers from misinforming people just to make a buck. :evil:

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
WOOOOWWWWW!!!! Huge difference!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:50 pm

I do feel like the collection, import and sale of land hermit crabs should be outlawed, because they cannot be bred in captivity (the handful of people in the world who have done so, did it at great expense and suffered tremendous losses).
Removing any animal from the wild is wrong, IMO, and their ecosystems are impacted by the greed of humans.