2 PPs and a baby E!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
ciaraalston

2 PPs and a baby E!

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:58 pm

Hey yall!
I now have 2 crabs buried and 4 crabs up in the tank! The newest emerged sometime last night. I'm not sure if it's the crab I was worried about (found an empty shell) or if it's the other one that buried immediately after I brought him home, but whoever it is they're healthy and happy!
My E absolutely LOVES hanging out on top of the grass mats. Everytime I go by the tank that's where he's at. It's really cute honestly.
And of course my other two big PPs are up and moving around. I caught one on the wheel last night and I tried to get a video but he refused. He was okay with me watching but once the camera started recording he would just stop and stare at me. Haha.
Anyways, here's some pics Image

My newest PP that showed up last night
ImageImage

One of my bigs that's in a shell too big for him Image he's been shopping a lot lately!

My baby E

My shy hamster wheel lover

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

doth

Re: 2 PPs and a baby E!

Post by doth » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 pm

they are all so cute!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Those are really cute pictures. I think I have that same grass mat. I got it from wish. I was thinking about cutting it and peicing it with a net...or some bark... Or both. Is yours hanging on the wall. Am I seeing that right?
ciaraalston wrote:Hey yall!
I now have 2 crabs buried and 4 crabs up in the tank! The newest emerged sometime last night. I'm not sure if it's the crab I was worried about (found an empty shell) or if it's the other one that buried immediately after I brought him home, but whoever it is they're healthy and happy!
My E absolutely LOVES hanging out on top of the grass mats. Everytime I go by the tank that's where he's at. It's really cute honestly.
And of course my other two big PPs are up and moving around. I caught one on the wheel last night and I tried to get a video but he refused. He was okay with me watching but once the camera started recording he would just stop and stare at me. Haha.

ImageImage

One of my bigs that's in a shell too big for him Image he's been shopping a lot lately!

My baby E

Crazy Crab Lady

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm

I'm constantly confused about where to post. I apologise if it's wrong.
Sillysheep wrote:Those are really cute pictures. I think I have that same grass mat. I got it from wish. I was thinking about cutting it and peicing it with a net...or some bark... Or both. Is yours hanging on the wall. Am I seeing that right?

ImageImage

My baby E

Crazy Crab Lady
Crazy Crab Lady

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:27 pm

Sillysheep wrote:Those are really cute pictures. I think I have that same grass mat. I got it from wish. I was thinking about cutting it and peicing it with a new...or some bark... Or both. Is yours hanging on the wall. Am I seeing that right?

ImageImage

My baby E

Crazy Crab Lady
I got mine from amazon! They're hanging along the back wall, yes. I just wanted something they could climb that also hid all the heat tape and stuff in the back. Haha. They seem to love it though! The cocofiber was great but they shredded that so much that it was just wasted on the looks side of it. I got these hoping they wouldn't be able to tear them up as fast! Lol

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:33 pm

RRRRRR. I am so happy your E came up! I wish I could celebrate my E coming up!
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:08 pm

ciaraalston wrote:
Sillysheep wrote:Those are really cute pictures. I think I have that same grass mat. I got it from wish. I was thinking about cutting it and peicing it with a new...or some bark... Or both. Is yours hanging on the wall. Am I seeing that right?

ImageImage

My baby E

Crazy Crab Lady
I got mine from amazon! They're hanging along the back wall, yes. I just wanted something they could climb that also hid all the heat tape and stuff in the back. Haha. They seem to love it though! The cocofiber was great but they shredded that so much that it was just wasted on the looks side of it. I got these hoping they wouldn't be able to tear them up as fast! Lol

Perfect! Thank you so much for posting this, because I didn't hang mine up yet, not certain they could climb it. Now I'm encouraged.... You do such a great job making them look cute and keeping them busy and healthy. You have happy crabs... And I'm totally jealous of your Ecuadorian. Image

Crazy Crab Lady

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:06 am

Sillysheep wrote:
ciaraalston wrote:
Sillysheep wrote:Those are really cute pictures. I think I have that same grass mat. I got it from wish. I was thinking about cutting it and peicing it with a new...or some bark... Or both. Is yours hanging on the wall. Am I seeing that right? Crazy Crab Lady

Perfect! Thank you so much for posting this, because I didn't hang mine up yet, not certain they could climb it. Now I'm encouraged.... You do such a great job making them look cute and keeping them busy and healthy. You have happy crabs... And I'm totally jealous of your Ecuadorian. Image

Crazy Crab Lady
Awe thanks! I'm definitely not a pro, just learning a little each day!
I brushed up the substrate in front of the wheel to help my little ones get up to it. I haven't seen them on it, but both of my big ones love it!

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:55 am

Your daily dose of cuteness from my purple pinchers and Ecuadorians ImageImage

ImageImage

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 am

ciaraalston wrote:Your daily dose of cuteness from my purple pinchers and Ecuadorians ImageImage

ImageImage

That is too cute!! I love the swing.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 pm

That E is so dark and colorful! Very cute!
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!