WIP Decorations

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
mortemarts

WIP Decorations

Post by mortemarts » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Im still working on decorating but still waiting on some things. I want to buy some more stuff to use the top space effectively but for now it’s definitely brighter and inviting!

I got them a deeper water dish since a user recommended me getting a dish so they can soak if wanted. I utilized the previous water dish for a moss pit.

In total the plants and new dish cost around $40. However I did buy my sisters beta some healing drops so it would be around $30. I bought a lot of plants though maybe too many. I’m hoping the moss pit and larger water bowl will boost low humidity levels naturally.

I bought everything from Petco and they were having a sale for glass tanks $1/gallon so 20 gallon tanks were $20. As tempted as I was I don’t have enough space yet. Eventually when I get my own apartment in 2 years from now (when I’m a sophomore in college) I’ll be able to upgrade size.

Image ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Re: WIP Decorations

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 am

It looks really nice. Just try and add things to climb on.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
mortemarts

Post by mortemarts » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:It looks really nice. Just try and add things to climb on.
Ye I was looking for rope at the Petco I was at. However they were doing renovations to add a pet clinic. So most of the reptile stock was missing. I do plan to add ropes and a basket. I don’t know what I’ll put in the basket but I’ll figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 am

Looking good! I like your plants.

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Who♡Fearless♡Crimson♡LittleBit

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:33 am

Awesome! I’m sure they’re gonna love it!

Dave the Wondercrab~Patpat the Scaredy Cat~MaggieMoo~Billy-Lil Monster~Thing1~Thing2

AutumnFalls

Post by AutumnFalls » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Looks great! My only suggestion is you may want a deeper water dish depending on the size of your crabs. :)