Video I took of crab drama over shells

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
jillrabbit

Post by jillrabbit » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:07 pm

There is some cursing b/c of a ludacris song "move out the way" I put in the middle lol

We got these crabs from a guy who didn't know what breed they were and I was new to crabs. I felt I read a lot about them, but I didn't realize I would be getting an ecudorian crab thrown in with the PP's. He/she has been causing a lot of tension in the tank. (i mean, it seems...maybe it's normal ?) He climbs and gets in the other crab's faces. Also, he dug up a crab during a molt(it only dug about 1 inch down even though the substrate is 6 inches. It had no legs and we actually got that one from petsmart last week because I felt so awful for it having no legs and only one pincher.

Anyway, here is a video lol This video is Linda and Sloth(the ecudorian...who I think i'm going to start calling "the dictator" or something lol)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TMNFFxbvB5g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RiNiKy506

Re: Video I took of crab drama over shells

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:47 pm

It didn’t work, it looks like something is missing.

Topic author
jillrabbit

Post by jillrabbit » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 pm

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:18 am

Cute video! I think both of those guys are PPs tho

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by ROSIEonFIRE on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:10 pm

He is a brave little guy, he wanted that shell and wasn’t stopping until he got it. I enjoyed your video, I love seeing them interact. I think Rosie is right, these two are purple pinchers. Or did you mean your other is an Ecuadorian? They are both beautiful crabbies. <3

Edit to add: Your crab that only has the one pincher should be isolated until he has a successful molt. He won’t be able to dig down far enough to get away from the other crabs. You can use a small bowl with a lid and air holes or a small Kritter Keeper and keep it right inside your tank so it has proper heat and humidity. I’m not sure if you already know to do that, just wanted to help.