Applying crabbing DIY to real life

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Scarletfire

Applying crabbing DIY to real life

Post by Scarletfire » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Learning how to make nets for my crabbies made it so much simpler to tie down boxes in the back of my hatchback. Added that knowledge to rope tying for boats, and tada! Unlimited twine at Ikea means safe load. Even if the trunk can't close.Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Zanthalia

Re: Applying crabbing DIY to real life

Post by Zanthalia » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:31 am

Scarletfire wrote:Learning how to make nets for my crabbies made it so much simpler to tie down boxes in the back of my hatchback. Added that knowledge to rope tying for boats, and tada! Unlimited twine at Ikea means safe load. Even if the trunk can't close.Image

OMG that's amazing! It actually turned out rather pretty, too. Isn't it funny how things pop up and turn out useful in other circumstances?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 am

Looks like Spider-Man helped!

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:32 am

I’ve definitely become more creative since I’ve had my crabbies. I used to be when I was younger but I’ve kind of lost it since. Seeing what everyone else comes up with seems to help me too.

Maddamay32

Post by Maddamay32 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:47 pm

That's awesome! It's important to keep the mind sharp!

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

Topic author
Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:04 am

RiNiKy506 wrote:I’ve definitely become more creative since I’ve had my crabbies. I used to be when I was younger but I’ve kind of lost it since. Seeing what everyone else comes up with seems to help me too.
That's definitely the case for myself too. I took up knitting again to make nets, then started to look at complicated patterns, just to hold up to try something that @Xenocrab did before.