5 Crabs, 5 Molts (w/ pics)

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
sugarselections

5 Crabs, 5 Molts (w/ pics)

Post by sugarselections » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:29 pm

I have five hermit crabs and all five have successfully molted within the past three months. Here's a picture of each crab post-molt with a listing of his name, size/type, length of molt, and extra info. The flash on my camera washes out their colors a bit but I managed to get a decent picture of each guy within 24 hours of resurfacing after his molt. All my E's molted much quicker than my PP's and everyone except Coco was a grumpy fussbugdet after resurfacing.

Meijer - medium PP - 5+ weeks - has gotten darker and more red since this pic

Marble - small PP - 3 weeks - sickly and pale pre-molt but developed a very vivid "carrot foot" after molting

Jack - medium E - 2+ weeks - has deepened into more of his usual toasty golden color since this picture was taken

Mr. Teeny - tiny E - 1+ weeks - came up with killer toenails and retained his blue highlights

Coco - small E - 1+ weeks - legs on the right side of his body are much darker than those on his left but he also had this coloring pre-molt
Coco is so cute and personable that I had to include an extra picture of him being adorable

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Your crabs are SOOOO cute!! [smilie=puppydogeyes.gif] Can i have Jack??

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Ok, that last pic of Coco? The way he's holding his eyes? ~*swoons like a teen meeting her heart throb*~ lol He's so cute!!

Topic author
sugarselections

Post by sugarselections » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Thanks for all the responses!

Mello- Nope, no way am I giving up Jack. He's got the most perfect E looks and personality. He's so outgoing and sweet but he holds the championship belt in tank trashing. I can only have the expensive locking type of hook/caddy suction cups in the tank because he can pull anything else down.

Raen- Coco's eyes kept knocking together the day he came up from molting. I got a few pictures of it because he's never done it before or since. Here's another one for you: