Odd Fears/Phobias?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:23 pm

I have a few fears. A little odd.I have arachnaphobia(fear of spiders)!!!I'm terribly afraid of medicine. I am afraid of the thought of what side effects in medicine can do to me(here comes the irony--I have tons of problems, so I take lots of pills.)!!!I'm afraid of heights and rollercoasters. I'm such a wuss.

KittyCaller

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by KittyCaller » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Yeah, I do, but a lot of it is related to my anxiety issues. (Like, I get the obsessive end of OCD, but not really the compulsions that make the stupid obsessions go away for a while) Probably my biggest one is my hypochondriacal tendencies. When I start getting kind of stressed out, I start worrying I've got some weird (rare, of course) disease or condition. I go research it on the internet and when I don't have the list of symptoms, I feel better and can go to sleep. One of the weirder ones was when I was worried I had Marfan's syndrome. (connective tissue problem) But the only signs of that I have really are my bad eyesight and long fingers and toes and I'm somewhat double jointed. I'm not tall, and don't have the other features and signs. I'm just broken headed. LOL!

Topic author
Steven Van Splinter Jr.

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Steven Van Splinter Jr. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Libby, about the heights....THEY ARE SCARY!Anyways, like I said I am afraid of heights and afraid of falling of sleep (like freddy krooger LOL) sometimes, because last night I was being chased by Michael Myers in my aunt's house (???)Or, my parakeet's head being chewed by an undersized alligator
-Steven
I stopped counting after 30 PP's.
My Hermit Crab Site! My Hermit Care Site!

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:08 pm

quote:Or, my parakeet's head being chewed by an undersized alligator LOL, you do make me laugh! My fear is of dying alone.My other one is being in a fire. Hence the intense desire to kill my neighbor when she set her apartment on fire! My other one is of cockroaches (the big ones) and scorpions . Everyother critter is OK with me.

Crabby Abby

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Crabby Abby » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm afraid of heights, ferris wheels, being on the deck of tall buildings and flying but I have more odd habits than fears or phobias.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Shelly

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Shelly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Libby,I hav exactly the same fears,and I hate HATE taking pills,I get the side effects just by reading the warning labels lol,I have anxiety and I have been prescribed many times anti depressants and anxiety pills but I'm too scared to take them I could never become a drug addict.I fear death too,but thats probably the reasons I have the other fears.Oh,and my stupid phobia next to the spiders is mice too *shiver*

Nicole

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Nicole » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 pm

My list is too long LOL! Heights, closed-in spaces, long high bridges, tunnels, elevators, the dark, deep water, airplanes - ummmm, I think I'll stop now. I wish I had the normal fears like other people do with the bugs and rodents - would make my life a lot less anxiety-ridden. I was trapped in an elevator, locked in two different bathrooms and locked in a stairwell all in the span of two years as a teenager and from those four experiences sprang most of these other fears. KC, I had to stop watching the TV show 'House' because I literally convinced myself each week I had every disease featured on the show. It would get me so upset I'd feel completely panicked! So no more medical shows for me, and it's sad because I really liked the show itself.I am generally an odd person but the fears make me just that much more odd.
~ crabbing since 2003

KittyCaller

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by KittyCaller » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Shelly, the antidepressants weren't too bad for me, and I do get side effects from a lot of stuff. (I HATE taking antibiotics, for example, because they make me so nauseated and kill my appetite which make it hard to "take with food".) But I actually ended up going with the herb Saint John's wort. That worked really, really well for my attacks.Nicole, LOL! I LOVE watching House, because the medicine is so bad. My stepdad has told me just how off the medicine aspect is (he watches it because he finds House's outbursts so cathartic) I watch House while watching Medical Mysteries on Discovery Health....which is probably where I come up with some of my weird self diagnosis. But like the Scrub's quote (and it's older than that, I know) "When you hear hoof beats, go ahead and think horsies, not zebras, mmmmkay, silly bear?"

Dramatic Hermiexx

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Dramatic Hermiexx » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:42 am

I have quite a few insanely wierd fears. I have some phobia to poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. I can't call people by their names (even usernames!) or use real names in writing easily. I have a terrible fear of being the starter in conversations. I can't go up to someone and just start talking. Same with asking for help in places like school and stores. If I don't get over this fear, it will probably be crippling later in life. I admit I am somewhat afraid of dogs (I still care about them alot like any other animal). I think this would be easy to get over (this happened with hermies, I originally feared them but got over it with exposure to them).

Pharfly1

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Pharfly1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:49 am

I don't like being bitten by anything and will avoid it if I can lolI hate needlesI can't touch dead animals when they are stiff... Grosses me out...Cotton balls, I can not touch them they gross me out too lolStyrofoam squeaking, it hurts my teeth brrr.. lol

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 am

I am terribly afraid of Mannequins. And Clowns. And Dolls.Just plain creepy!

Korckina

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Korckina » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 pm

I am terrified of needles. If I have to get blood taken, shot, IV ect. Someone has to literally lay across me otherwise I'll run. I hate walking over bridges, no matter how big or small they are. I'm afraid they'll somehow collapse as I'm walking across them.I hate sewers too. I once lost a jumprope in one, plus the whole alligators in sewers(not real, I know) just freaks me out.And I'm so afraid of heights, it's hard for me to even be a couple feet off of the ground, kinda weird when you consider how tall I am lol

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:04 pm

quote:And Clowns Oh yeah, how could I forget clowns. Eeeek!

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 am

... Being touched by strangers and men. Being hugged, other peoples feet... Bugs crawling in my mouth when i sleep.. and biting my tounge People with talon like finger nails *shudder* (this one made it so i had to wear rubber gloves when i worked as a cashier so the talon people wouldn't touch me... ) Falling asleep in other peoples houses.. around strangers. I'm afraid of getting cancer.. Sufficating or drowning ( i have bad asthma and i'm afraid ill die in my sleep) I'm so speacial =D

KittyCaller

Odd Fears/Phobias?

Post by KittyCaller » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 am

Hi, Nessa, and welcome! Nessa is my sister's nickname, by the way. As for the talon fingernails, I apologize. I try to keep my nails trimmed but they grow VERY fast and I just don't feel like clippin' 'em every 3 days.