Favorite Holiday Movies

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
KittyCaller

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by KittyCaller » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:24 pm

I pro'lly shoulda called the Music thread "First Song" thread, but I wasn't thinkin' too clearly at the moment. This actually is a list of favorite movies. While I like watching some of my favorites any time of year, I tend to like watching them around the Holidays especially. Miracle on 34th Street, (I've seen two versions, the original black and white and one from the early 90s, but my mom says there was a dreadful version in the 70s. I've never seen that, to my recollection) While You Were Sleeping, Love Actually, Return to Me, Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown, and sometimes one of the old claymation things. None of them are terribly draining, or the greatest movies, but they're pretty good and very nice for a cold night. What're y'alls favorites?

Topic author
Bubu

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by Bubu » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:32 pm

Rudolph, Garfield, Frosty, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Charlie Brown are the five main ones that I watch, every single year. So far Frosty is the only one I haven't seen yet this year. Those aren't really movies, but they're my favorites! Oh and also Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas, anyone ever seen that? It's a Jim Henson movie, so they're all puppets. I found the dvd this year and nearly screamed since I haven't seen it since I was little. I didn't remember much of it, but its one of my classics now. However, BY FAR, the BEST Christmas movie, of ALL TIME, is A Christmas Story. And for those of you who don't know, tune into TBS on Christmas Eve, starting at 8 pm, and you can watch it for 24 hours straight. I do this every year lol.

Topic author

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:34 pm

A Charlie Brown Christmas and A Christmas Story are my favorites. Charlie Brown is my hero - the underdog who perseveres - besides, I can relate to him!

Topic author
Ren1216

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by Ren1216 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:46 pm

It's a Wonderful Life has been a long time favorite in our family, along with A Christmas Story. I still like all the kids programs, my fav characters being Yukon Cornelius, Hermey and the Abominable Snowmonster.

Nicole

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by Nicole » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:40 pm

I still like "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and "The Year Without A Santa Claus". KC, why are your threads starting to make me feel so old? LOL
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
KittyCaller

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by KittyCaller » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:41 pm

LOL! It's not intentional, I promise you. I can't believe I forgot The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the cartoon, not the live action)

Topic author
Bubu

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by Bubu » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:52 pm

It's funny, I was listening to Christmas songs earlier today was thought to myself, "I should make a post about this and see what everyone's favorite Christmas song is..." Then when I came on to do that, KC had already put the favorite childhood song one, so I was planning on waiting a bit before posting mine. Then you put this one lol, so I decided not to post it at all lol. Great minds kinda think alike?

Topic author
motley crew

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by motley crew » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:35 am

Mine are miracle on 34th street too along with Charlie brown,garfield and the grinch I taped all those a long time ago so in case we miss them we don't LOL Ringo, just wondering if you knew that at sears and Kmart they have the whole village for the chirstmas story its pretty cool.

Topic author
tnyfootprntz

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by tnyfootprntz » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:51 am

"ZuZu's petals! ZuZu's petals!" I could go on and on about It's a Wonderful Life...we watch at least once a year and see something different each time.My very favorite animated holiday video is "The Snowman" (not to be confused with "Frosty the Snowman", although we like it too), which has no dialog, just a very touching story with beautiful music. I need a box of tissue for that one.

Topic author
KittyCaller

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by KittyCaller » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:27 am

When I was little, we had a taped a Hallmark original movie called The Toy or The Christmas Toy or something like that. I believe it was a Henson thing. Anyone remember anything like that? I think the main character was a Teddy Bear. It was really cute, and used to be one of my favorite movies. If anyone knows if it's on DVD, I'd appreciate the info.Edit: I checked a google, and Amazon has it, at least on VHS. Such a great movie!

Crabby Abby

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by Crabby Abby » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:05 am

KC, is this it?The Christmas ToyIf so, it's out of stock at Amazon but maybe you can find it elsewhere.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Kharasmatic

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by Kharasmatic » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:23 am

I would have to say my favorites are frosty, the grinch and charlie brown its our tradition to watch them every year...i just luv em!!
~kharasmatic

Topic author
KittyCaller

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by KittyCaller » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:05 am

Abby, yep, that's it.

Topic author
mommyfor31

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by mommyfor31 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:21 pm

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Topic author
motley crew

Favorite Holiday Movies

Post by motley crew » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:15 am

that one is so funny mommyfor3 I remember the first time I saw that one me and my husband laughed so hard thanks reminding me !!