Getting to know eachother on LHC

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:55 am

Hi, I was just thinking that it was time for us all to get to know each other a little better especially since we have had a lot of Newbies lately.I'll start:Name: SandraNick name: Sam-eAge: 35 Birthday: 07-29-1970 Location: Sun Valley, NevadaMarried: Yes for 16 years, been with him since I was 11Children: Yes one 15 Year old Daughter named AngelDid I miss any thing?? Add your's too. If you are a minor please do not add your location for safety's sake. Have fun... Sandra

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:00 am

Name: NicoleNick Name: Bubu!Age: 19 Birthday: 1/3/87Location: Mid MichiganMarried: Heck no!Children: A little too young!(Adding something: )A little Bio: I love football, sports in general but football is my favorite. My dream is to go to the Super Bowl! I have a small zoo in my room. I love to write and take pictures. I want to get a job for a newspaper. I love going to the beach but I rarely get to. My favorite place in the world is Mackinac Island.

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jedediah » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:16 am

Name: JenniferNick name: Jedediah or Jenni (Jenni like Forrest Gump says it to one special friend)Age: 27Birthday: 01-02-1979Location: Hamburg, Germany (born in Germany, too)Married: no, but same partner for 5 yearsChildren: nope and none planned. Markus has two daughters and that's enough for me right now.I love reading and doing research, that's why I became a librarian (in search of a job right now). Among my favourite authors are Terry Pratchett, Tad Williams, Isaac Asimov, Stephen Fry, H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, E.A. Poe, Matt Ruff and William Somerset Maugham. I share my apartment with a small zoo (budgies, mice, jirds, bearded dragon, frogs and some invertebrates) and I enjoy visiting Hagenbeck (Hamburg's zoo) at least once per month. I'm into roleplaying (Vampire, Aberrant, Cthulu ect.), movies, Star Trek, Star Wars and Babylon 5 including Crusade and I'm a Goth. Yes, I wear black all the time. No, I don't think I'm dead, a vampire or evil. I do not drink ... wine. http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben ... 363561.jpg
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

Kharasmatic

Post by Kharasmatic » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:23 am

Name: AshleyNick Name: AshAge: 15 Birthday: 2/9/90Location: ConnecticutMarried: NOChildren: like Bubu said A little too young!A little Bio: I love horseback riding and of course hermit crabs. I go to a agricultural school so we get to learn about animals (yay!) along with all my normal classes. My favorite movie is the Nighmare Before Christmas, I have it on dvd and play it over and over again I guess my style would be called emo. My favorite store is Hot topic closely followed by the Pet Store(yes, that's actually the name of the store!)
~kharasmatic

Topic author
moire_eel

Post by moire_eel » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:46 pm

Name: AndreaNickname: ... well, they used to call me "AP" at my previous job. And in middle school, many of my friends called me Muffy Fifi Yogurthead, but thankfully nobody uses this one anymore. I don't even understand where it came from!Age: 33Birthday 10/02/72Location: Houston, TX Hometown: Tallahassee, FLMarried: yep, 11 yearsChildren: Child-free by choice (and no, this doesn't mean I hate kids)I am a computer programmer with a BFA in Drawing, PhD in Cultural Anthropology and a master's in Computer Science: in other words, I've spent most of my life so far just trying to figure out what I wanted to do -- that I could also get paid to do. I finally finished school for good only a year ago. Well, until I go back for that degree in crustacean biology, that is. In my free time, I like to paint and read crime fiction Lee Child is my favorite author. And I enjoy taking care of my pets too, of course!

Topic author
SeaShellE

Post by SeaShellE » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:50 pm

Name: ShelleyBirthday: July 18Age: Older than Jedediah and younger than KittishMarried: 14 yearsKids: 2 boys(8 and 5)and a hubbyLocation: North TexasI love all animals. I have 3 horses that keep me busy working them. My kids keep me busier though. I have dogs, chickens, hermit crabs and a cat. I feed wildbirds and enjoy watching them. Soon I shall be busy working on my house. We are remodelling and Hubby is building a second story that shall be my bouduior. I am so excited. He is also building me new stalls for my horses.My hubby and I did the OTR driving for a while. I worked for a Vet for a few years. And I manage a feed store. Currently we are trying not to burn up in all these fires we are having around here.

Topic author
Hercule

Post by Hercule » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:17 pm

Name: MichaelNickname: MikeAge: 16D.O.B: 1/4/90Married: SingleChildren: don't like them, never gonna have anyLocation: Cocoa, Fl(I'm not worried about my location, because Its been in my profile since I joined LHC a couple years back.)BIO: Umm....I'm really easy to spot in a crowd because I slouch, have a black shirt on, and I always have my black jacket on (even if its 95 degrees outside) I really like Anime (japanese cartoons) and manga (japanese comics) I'm A horror movie fan, but Tim Burton's movies are the best ^_^ I like to listen to classic rock mostly AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, or Iron Maiden. Punk Rock is awesome too though, System of A Down and Green Day mostly...Umm...On any given day, I'll usually be on the internet about 3 hours a day, Usually 7 hours on weekends. For some reason people think that I love to play video games, but I don't. Most of the games make me motion sick when I watch them. I love taking things apart and putting them back together again, so I'm considering a career in some sort of engineering. But I love to draw, so I'll most likely end up being an architect. I'm lazy and unmotivated most of the time. ...umm, thats all I can think of right now, but If you want to know more about me, visit my myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/mr_idontcare

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:32 pm

Name: Nicole Nick name: none, I'm boringAge: 34 Birthday: March 12 (Pisces) Married: 9 yearsChildren: two boys, 5 and 8I am currently a stay-at-home-mom but I have a B.A. in psychology. I love reality TV, reading murder mysteries, and watching football and NASCAR. I have 11 PP crabs and one white hamster named Snowball. I also love country music. For many years, my *dream* job was to be an accountant and one of my big regrets is that I did not follow through with that.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
motley crew

Post by motley crew » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:53 pm

NAME:MICHELLENICKNAME:MICKIAGE:36BIRTHDAY:11/01/69MARRIED:I was married to my highschool sweetheart for 10 yrs and we were together for 16 he passed away at 33 .Children:1 son KEVIN 12 going on 25.Pets:2 dogs, 1 cat,1 beared dragon,14 hermies,3 fish.I love NASCAR and my sons football team.going to heavy metal concerts I'm a welder in a shop (its michigan everyone making cars somewhere)I don't like it when people feel sad for us I think were making the best lives for ourselves and were very close and are always doing so much together.

Topic author
KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:46 am

Name: Catheryn (middle name)Nick name(s): Cat, KC, Cat Girl, and "Hey you, weird girl!"Age: An immature 20 Birthday: August 7thLocation: Upstate, NYMarried: Nope.Children: Not that I know of. I was born in Texas, but moved to NY just before I turned 13, which is when I got my first two hermit crabs. I joined LHC when I was 14, I believe. (I could be off by a year or so-my memory's not too great when it comes to remembering dates or numbers) I've got a pretty big menagerie of animals-everything from frogs to dogs. I love reading and movies. I watch too much tv and have some horrible habits. For a long time I thought I wanted to be a professional writer-novelist if I could hack it. I still want to do that, but I think I need to learn some self discipline first. I'm thinking of taking some zoology-related classes in college this year.

Topic author
Ren1216

Post by Ren1216 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:17 am

Name: KarenNick Name: RenAge: 35 Location: Madison, WIMarried: divorced, but currently in a long-term commited relationshipChildren: 2 boys, ages 14 and 12Originally from Michigan, Ive only been in WI for 4 1/2 years. I come from a family of "gamers" too but mostly along the lines of cards. In fact, my BF and I met playing euchre online. I love to travel, I especially cruising. My family (us, my parents, grandma, aunts, etc) try to do a family cruise at least every other year. In between, BF and I travel when ever we can, mostly just around the US although we have been several places in the caribbean too. My 14 year old is a freshman in high school, is involved in Tae Kwon Do and ROTC, doing amazingly in both. My 12 year old is in 7th grade, plays football and is the socialite of the family.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:18 am

Name: DebNick name: Dirtgirl due to my gardening hobbyAge: *tries to say thirty-'something' with a straight face!*Birthday: 04-22-60something!Location: MassachusettsMarried: 13 yearsChildren: 1 boy, 1 girl. 11 and 7.I'm an at-home mom by day, Criminal Justice student by night and aspire to be the bite behind a great attorney. I love writing for entertainment and I do it every chance I get. I enjoy reading, I'm an internet junkie, Al Pacino/Friends/Gray's Anatomy fan, bit of a cyber sleuth (would like to get a job in investigations), chocoholic, advocate for animal and environmental welfare and appropriately enough born on Easter and share my birthday with Earth Day. My favorite place to be is driving my yellow Ford Escape or on the beach with my hubby and kids. There's something so tranquil about the warm sun and sand, and the sounds of the ocean and seagulls. It's bittersweet; I would release my hermies there in a heartbeat if I knew they would forever be free.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
rottiegirl25

Post by rottiegirl25 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:24 am

Name: StaceyNick name: Don't really have oneAge:29 Birthday: 06-09-1977Location: OhioMarried: Not marriedChildren: 1 boy; deceased; not planning on having anymore want to adopt once i find the right guy and get marriedLets see something else about my Hummmm.I'm a gemini; and i love to talk though i have few friends that aren't on the internet i have loads of people i chat with online. I Love Rottweilers and all big dogs. and hope to work for the animal police or humane society one day.

Topic author
Willow

Post by Willow » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:59 pm

Name: KristalNick name: My family doesn't do nicknames; my brother's name is Daniel, not Dan, etcAge:26Birthday: 08-**-1979Location: South DakotaMarried: Not married. I doubt I'll ever find a guy who wants to take on this many pets. And there's no way I'd give up any of them for a man.Children: Nope, except the pets. If I'm not married by the time I'm 40, I might adopt or foster.I am a Postal clerk in a small town (Want to buy some 2¢ stamps? Ugh, I hate rate changes). I was homeschooled my whole life except for 3rd and 4th grades (that was when Daniel was born and my mom didn't have time). I have too many cats (7), 3 dogs (2 are mine, 1 is a friend's dog, but I've had him for over 6 months), 2 ferrets, 3 salamanders, 4 Russian Tortoises, 4 fancy goldfish, and around 35 hermit crabs. And a betta. I grew up in Japan, because my dad was in the Navy.

Topic author
Crab_Lover

Post by Crab_Lover » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:04 pm

Name:RachelNick Name: Don't really have one.Age:11Birthday:11-9-94Location: TxMarried: A little to young!!!! LOLChildren: Definitly NOBiography: I am home schooled. I used to be on level 5 gymnastics, but then my mom went deaf & had some REALLY expensive surdgery, so we couldn't afford it anymore (I miss it really bad) . And I'm gonna add a couple.....Pets: WAY...WAY...WAY to many!!!!!!5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 budgies, 1 snake, 2 hermies, 1 rooster, 4 ducks, 3 rats, 2 ferrets, and TONS of fish!!!&Crabitat size:10 gallon with 2 strawberrys.... hopefully upgrading to a 30 in the next 6 months