Something unusual you may not know about me is...

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:07 am

Chatter's a little slow so I scanned the web for something fun and came across this topic. Key word, unusual. I'll startSomething unusual you may not know about me:I take compassion for animal life (and death) to a major extreme. At a beach rental, after hubby tied the trash bag that ants would be crawling all over in search of food and put it outside each day I would sneak out to punch holes in it with a pen so they wouldn't die trapped.Also, when I was much younger I went home to retrieve an empty shoe box and returned to the site of a dead bird on the road I'd passed on my way home. It was opposite a manufacturing guard shack and the guard exited his shack to confirm he wasn't seeing things as I stopped the car curbside, gently scooped the bird into it, put the lid on and put the box on the back floor of my car to give the bird a proper burial in my yard. (complete with a cross of sticks, lol) My mother's bf at the time ribbed me unmercifuly and later left a dead fly on a piece of note paper for me to bury. So I did.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 am

Something unusual you may not know about me is: When I read, I hear a voice in my head. Most of the time, it's my own voice, but occasionally, if I know what the author sounds like, it's in his or her voice. I figured this was maybe a little unusual when I mentioned to my mom and sister that one night when I was too tired and had been on the internet for too long, the voice was yelling in my head. They looked at me kinda funny. But when I'm reading or writing fiction, I also sort of see a slightly blurry vision of scenes as well.

tnyfootprntz

Post by tnyfootprntz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 am

CA, I think that is so sweet and shows what a caring human you are...but we already knew that .KC you have a very vivid imagination!O.K. Me:I have a bit of an obsession with designing and re-designing my home as well as everything in it. It would be great except we never seem to finish our projects. I will have re-designed what we're supposed to be working on twelve times before it's completed. I cannot be without graph paper.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 am

KC that's a very cool gift and Sue I wish you lived nearby. I really have no flair whatsoever for home arrangement and design and 17 years into marriage, my house still has a wee bit of a bachelor pad style to it, the result of unrelated or unmatched decor.
Photobucket album

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:08 am

CA, I so admire how far you go with your respect for all life. There are too few in this world who do. Sue, I echo CA. I haven't any decorating skills whatsoever. And it's looking like my sis and I will be moving to our own apartment this summer. I'm a poor college kid, but uh, I can bake. Do you take payment in ginger snaps?

Shelly

Post by Shelly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:18 am

I can't handle it when people tell me about an accident or illness or things like that,when they get into detail it's like it's happening to me,very weird.When my BFF had her baby 11 years ago (natural child birth) and she told me about it I fainted.But when it happens to me it's "okay",I had a c-section,and wasn't numb down there and felt most of it and it didn't bother me as much as HER story lolOne of the reasons I try to avoid the news,usually just read the head lines.My empathy goes a bit further I guess. One of the reasons I get the urge to help the helpless,especially animals,can't stand knowing they are suffering .

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:22 am

Shelly, EXACTLY! I know exactly what you're talking about. When something happens to me, then it's okay. I know how much or how little it hurts. But if it's someone else? I can't judge, so it's almost like I imagine the worst pain ever.

Shelly

Post by Shelly » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 am

Exactly KC. Also about the books,I think if a book is well written you should be able to be "in the book",like watching a movie.I don't have the "voice in my head" though...

tnyfootprntz

Post by tnyfootprntz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:23 am

quote:Originally posted by KittyCaller: Do you take payment in ginger snaps? As in fresh-baked-warm-out-of-the-oven ginger snaps? Deal!

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:03 am

Ah, fantastic. When can I expect you?

tnyfootprntz

Post by tnyfootprntz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:58 am

Just as soon as I finish all my unfinished projects around here! How's 2014 sound?

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:44 am

Noddalotta, do you know the history of the people you see? Like are they ancestors, or former occupants of the home?I'm wholly convinced there's a spirit in my home and I've tried researching to see if something happened here but so far have had no luck.
Photobucket album

Steven Van Splinter Jr.

Post by Steven Van Splinter Jr. » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 pm

Wow Noddalotta! That's cool! Did you ever communicate with any of them before?Ok.....anyways my turn. So, this is kinda weird but I feel good when everything is perfect. Like when my hermies that stick out of their shell because it's too small and they go into a perfect shell, I feel good! Also, like long grass being cut.Also, this may be some kind of diesease cause it's weird but I NEVER plug anything into the top plug on an outlet unless i have to. And I never did. EVER. (With the exception that something was already in the bottom plug.) If I try to, it just feels wrong so then I re-plug it into the bottom. Sometimes in my house I walk around and if something is in the top plug I will acutually un-plug it and place it in the bottom slot. I don't know but it's weird.....and kinda creepy.
-Steven
I stopped counting after 30 PP's.
My Hermit Crab Site! My Hermit Care Site!

rototee

Post by rototee » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Something unusual you may not know about me is....I cannot go to bed if there is even one dirty dish in the sink, not even if it is just a spoon. If I get up in the middle of the night for a drink of water, I have to wash the glass, dry it and put it away before I go back to bed. I think it stems from my insane fear of roaches and mice. If I see one roach, I go balistic (even if it isn't a roach, but a water bug in the bathtub). If I see a mouse, it is all over for me. I am in another room with a towel shoved under the door, crying, and having a panic attack until it is "safe" for me to come out.I know, I'm wierd. I admitted and accepted it long ago...

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:51 pm

quote:Originally posted by KittyCaller:Something unusual you may not know about me is: When I read, I hear a voice in my head. Most of the time, it's my own voice, but occasionally, if I know what the author sounds like, it's in his or her voice. I figured this was maybe a little unusual when I mentioned to my mom and sister that one night when I was too tired and had been on the internet for too long, the voice was yelling in my head. They looked at me kinda funny. But when I'm reading or writing fiction, I also sort of see a slightly blurry vision of scenes as well. Wait KC - and I am asking this in all seriousness - is this not something everyone experiences? I have always heard the words in my head while reading and imagined each scene as it happens, which can sadly make books take longer to read when I end up researching a specific town mentioned in the book to get a better feel for what I am 'seeing'. I thought everyone could hear and see books?? NoddalottaFarm, I think that is an awesome ability and a wonderful gift. I have thought our home was haunted for some time but have never seen anyone, just had many experiences that lead me to believe this is true. So I definitely do not think you're crazy - do you ever get the feeling they're trying to contact you or are they just present without interacting?Something unusual you may not know about me is (besides the book thing and the haunted house lol):I am obsessed with weightlifting. I started back in 1994 on a whim when I got a free pass to a womens' gym and now it has pretty much taken me over to the point where I feel guilty not lifting when we're on vacation. I can leg press 300 lbs. and am working to bench my own weight - though I'm not there yet. The one problem now is that without workout clothes on, I tend to look just plain short and stocky and that's a trade-off I've had to make at least at this moment. It's so hard to diet and still have the energy to lift the amount of weight that I want to.This is a great thread, CA! Nice to find out some cool tidbits about everyone.
~ crabbing since 2003