Something unusual you may not know about me is...

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:51 am

quote:Originally posted by Crabby Abby:Breezy you forgot about being a praying mantis stepmom. =) i am so going to hate myself for asking??? Praying mantis stepmom???has anyone ever met someone that has a phobia about being touched? I work with this lady- she has 3 kids and is married. Cant stand having anyone touch her. LOL
Barbydoll
HI My name is Barbie. We have only 5 of our PP's left of 13. We lost some of them. These were/are (boys) Max, Squirtle, Rocky, Mr Pinch, and Bandit. (girls) Stripe, Silver, Charger, Peekaboo and Tiny. We lost either Mr Pinch or Squirtle- not sure which, they were so much alike, and (for sure) Max, Stripe, Tiny, Peekaboo and Bandit. We have 2 Cats: Tassy and our Kittem Skittles. We have an old dog Molly who is going deaf and blind. RIP: cat Dusty who lived to be 18 yr old, and Cat Jazzy of 10 yrs who died August 2012.
http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/Barbydoll1961/

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:25 am

quote: has anyone ever met someone that has a phobia about being touched? I work with this lady- she has 3 kids and is married. Cant stand having anyone touch her. LOL I can think of a few reasons. She might be hyper-sensitive. With that kind of thing, for some people (like myself) it's much worse out in public. Depending on where the hypersensitivity lies, then you've got sights, sounds, smells all overwhelming you. And then if you throw in touch as well, then it's just too much. At home, where there's less stimuli then it's a lot easier to deal with one sensitivity. (For example, the mall often times overloads my system, and has even caused me to become physically ill. Feels like a panic/anxiety attack, but it hits much more suddenly) The other possibility I can think of is she's a germaphobe. May be okay with people she knows really well, like family, but outside people? With their bacteria? Ugh.... And some people just prefer a reeeally healthy amount of personal space. I'm not super touchy feely, so I can respect that.

skittles

Post by skittles » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

something about me?i hate sheets on my bed, i dont use sheets, instead what i have at the moment, due to still having cold nights, is a fuzzy electric blanket. i put it on a medium/low setting (its numbered 1-8, i have it currently on 4) and i sleep on top of that instead of sheets

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:28 am

Does it matter which type of sheets, Skittles? Like soft cotton jersey sheets vs plain cotton.

skittles

Post by skittles » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:20 am

any, im an "active" sleeper, so they always just get all bunched up an tangled, eve fitted sheets. but for some reason, thin blankets dont move. i dont use anything in the summer.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:24 am

doesn't matter what time of the yr it is I always have to have a blanket or sheet right across my middle

skittles

Post by skittles » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:44 am

i do that too laurie! lol

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:17 pm

yeah! So I'm not crazy! I will tell my hubby that! I feel more secure with a blanket or sheet across me.I'm a person that likes to rearrange furniture & clean really late or I should say really early in the morning, If I get the urge to do it, I have to do it right then or I can't sleep. Back in the day when I was 20 and didn't have a bad back I used to move the couch and things in the living room with my hubby sleeping on the couch! It was funny to hear him get up and can't figure out where he is! I would do that with the kitchen & listen to him in the morning opening every door and blanketity blank cause he can't find his coffee mugs. I just did 2 loads of laundry, clean the bedroom & bathroom started at 10 p.m. didn't move anything though, there comes a time when your body tells you, you can't do that no more, I think I hit that time!

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:24 am

I can try to find something to link you to the long story...Short form= my kids brought a female mantis home at the beginning of fall when the frost would have killed her. She made egg cases every 2 weeks until she died right before the first hatched.Since they were out of season and would have died outside, I raised them- all 200 plus by the time it was done... several survived to fully grown size and two survived for months longer. The female of those made a (Sterile) egg case before she died so I guess it has more to do with survival of species than actually breeding. The male was hunted and killed by my cats.Clicking on the following photo will take you to a slideshow, if prompted for a guest password use 'tewguest'
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.