Frog Pics

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
KittyCaller

Frog Pics

Post by KittyCaller » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Well, I was a little late, but I got some pics of some of the various froggies. We got some more Mantellas today. Before, we had a pair of Painted Mantellas. Now we have some Green Mantellas, some Blue Leggeds, a total of four Painted Mantellas, and a couple of Black Earred Mantellas. I couldn't get any shots of the Black Earred Mantellas, which look a lot like Golden Mantellas, but I got some fairly decent shots of my Red Eyed Tree Frogs, one of my juvenile Milk Frogs, one of my Oriental Firebellys, and several of the Mantellas. http://photobucket.com/albums/v442/KittyCaller/ That's the album of pics.

Topic author

Frog Pics

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:26 pm

I have to be honest, when I first saw your post I was thinking ugly green frogs. But when I saw them.... WOW your little guys are really adorable!! I have never seen such cute little Frogs. Thank you for sharing.Sandra

Nicole

Frog Pics

Post by Nicole » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:30 pm

Cute frogs! I especially like This Little Guy. He's precious!How many tanks of frogs do you currently have? Do they all get along?
~ crabbing since 2003

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Frog Pics

Post by Jedediah » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:42 pm

I just love the milk frog. I want one! Or two.The mantella tank looks awesome
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

Topic author
KittyCaller

Frog Pics

Post by KittyCaller » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:42 am

We have a 65 gallon tank with 3 juvenile Red Eyed Tree frogs, and 4 juvenile Milk Frogs. They get along, but we realize they may need to be seperated when they get bigger. Then we have a 20 long tank with 5 Oriental Fire bellies and a Fire Belly newt. It's hilarious how big the toads are now. They ate 14 crickets in one night! Next is the 29 gallon Mantella tank that we just got set up. We read that mantellas can be kept together, so long as all their needs are provided for, which we think we've done. There are 4 Painted Mantellas in there, as well as the 2 Black Earred (though one might be a Golden, we're not positive yet) 2 Green, 2 Blue Legged. Then finally there's four little african dwarf frogs in the 29 gallon tropical fish tank. Jed, the Milk Frogs are a lot of fun to watch, I gotta say. They love climbing around and hanging from the lid (be careful of escapees if you do get some ) and we find one sitting on the humidity gauge pretty often. Hehehe The Red Eyes are cute too, but nocturnal, so we don't see them out a whole lot.

Topic author
Ren1216

Frog Pics

Post by Ren1216 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:49 am

Very cute!!! How neat.

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Frog Pics

Post by Jedediah » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:51 am

Linus loves to sit on the doors of the terrarium and we have to nudge him aside when we want to open it (ho doesn't even wake up, just moves away in his sleep).
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002