Favorite Childhood song?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

NewCrabber

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by NewCrabber » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:54 am

Puff The Magic DragonPuff, the magic dragon lived by the seaAnd frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,Little jackie paper loved that rascal puff,And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff. ohPuff, the magic dragon lived by the seaAnd frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,Puff, the magic dragon lived by the seaAnd frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee.Together they would travel on a boat with billowed sailJackie kept a lookout perched on puff’s gigantic tail,Noble kings and princes would bow whene’er they came,Pirate ships would lower their flag when puff roared out his name. oh!Puff, the magic dragon lived by the seaAnd frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,Puff, the magic dragon lived by the seaAnd frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee.A dragon lives forever but not so little boysPainted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.One grey night it happened, jackie paper came no moreAnd puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave,So puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!Puff, the magic dragon lived by the seaAnd frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,Puff, the magic dragon lived by the seaAnd frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee.Peter, Paul & MaryThe line, "dragons live forever, but not so little boys", I thought then was so sad. One of my other favs by them when I was a knee high to a grasshopper was, Leaving On A Jet Plane.Nicole - Born in the 70's? Dating yourself? Would you like to trade places? If I haven't dated myself, no one has! Does anyone remember Puff?

motley crew

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by motley crew » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:00 pm

There was a lot of differnt stuff playing at my house growing up the ones I remember the most are JIM CROCHIE "time in a bottle"FLEETWOOD MAC everything my dad just loved stevie nicks and I cant remember the guy who sang this but I remember the songs Cats in the cradle and the silver spoonlittle boy blue and the man in the moonwhen ya comin home dad I dont when but get together then son ya know we'll get together then the memory of my dad singing to me thats just priceless

KittyCaller

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by KittyCaller » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:06 pm

Cat's In the Cradle is Harry Chapin.

Bubu

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Bubu » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:25 pm

Which is also a great song that I listen to frequently on my mp3 player lol.

Topic author
Nicole

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Nicole » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:50 pm

quote:Nicole - Born in the 70's? Dating yourself? Would you like to trade places? If I haven't dated myself, no one has! Does anyone remember Puff? LOL I remember a cartoon (or cartoons) with Puff in it (vaguely). The song was so sad-sounding to me. Now, reading the words, it really is sad. I see my boys growing out of their toys, too. Another one -- Jim Croce's "Moving Me Down The Highway". And "Chantilly Lace" by the Big Bopper.
~ crabbing since 2003

Ren1216

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Ren1216 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:42 pm

I also vaguely recall a cartoon or movie with Puff in it, and I knew there was a boy, although I had forgotten his name. Do they ever play it on TV, cable or satellite anymore?

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Jedediah » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:39 pm

quote: Does anybody know the Genesis song "I Can't Dance" and that dance that went with it? Of course I remember that The album was one of my first CDs - the other one was Army of Lovers, if anyone remembers them:http://www.norbry.net/btd/images/aol.jpg
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

tnyfootprntz

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by tnyfootprntz » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:39 am

NewCrabber, I remember Puff very well! I think we had it on a 45 record and there was a little booklet that came with it. I loved Puff.I remember another couple of 45's we played over and over, like"Chewy, chewy, chewy, chewy....Ooh I love ta kiss ya love ta hold ya love ta miss ya..." We had a parakeet that would bounce up and down on his perch to that tune.And "Honky Tonk Woman" (Gotta love those cow bells!)Then my sis had some real spending money and bought the album from Jonathon Livingston Seagull. We listened to that over and over.We also had the Reader's Digest Hit Parade collection...from it I remember "Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon" and "Downtown".

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Jedediah » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:15 am

quote:Originally posted by tnyfootprntz:Gotta love those cow bells! This is way O/T but the cowbells reminded me:http://www.ojaiwan.net/audio/cowbell.wmv
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

KittyCaller

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by KittyCaller » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:17 am

Hehhee, that Saturday Night Live sketch. Yah, very popular. (I actually liked the census sketch more, but the cowbell one is certainly funny)

Bubu

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Bubu » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:12 am

I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more cowbell! *loves*

TheGreyRonin

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by TheGreyRonin » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:35 am

Hm. First song? Well besides lullabyes: Dream A Little Dream Of Me...I knew the full lyrics to "Someone To Watch Over Me" at five...*sighs* good days...

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Jedediah » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:12 am

My first music clip was something by Front 242, a legendary EBM/Goth band. I remember them pushing a trolley through some city and waving at the camera with leek. Which supports my theory that I was a. weird to begin with and b. a natural Goth
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

motley crew

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by motley crew » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:51 am

Thank you KC we listened to that over and over . I was young but still loved when KISS first came out how big they became was just amazing.I was peter criss the drummer for halloween,and got all the dolls that christmas that was so much fun.

Topic author
Nicole

Favorite Childhood song?

Post by Nicole » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:20 pm

Thank you for the cowbell sketch! Gave me my laugh for the day...
~ crabbing since 2003