You know your a crab addict when....

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
cluelesscrabber

Post by cluelesscrabber » Sun May 13, 2007 8:31 am

when you remember each crabs "birthday" (the day they were purchased), the date each crab went down to molt, and shell change dates, yet you forget your anniversary, birthday, etc.

Topic author
Crab_Lover

Post by Crab_Lover » Sun May 13, 2007 9:05 am

When you doodle possible tank designs on homeworkWhen you walk up to a stranger in the pet store and start talking about how beautiful the straws areWhen you ask for a bigger tank everytime a holiday comes around!

Topic author
Dramatic Hermiexx

Post by Dramatic Hermiexx » Sun May 13, 2007 10:45 am

quote:Originally posted by Crab_Lover:When you doodle possible tank designs on homework a design on my math workbook gave me an inspiration for part of a future crabitat design Your a crab addict when:you bring your hermies into a restaurant to eatyou constantly talk about hermit crabsyou draw hermit crab comics

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon May 14, 2007 1:53 am

quote:you bring your hermies into a restaurant to eat "Hope your hermies had a nice lunch outing"

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Mon May 14, 2007 2:26 am

You make an hour trip to get a crab and visit the craft store with a fidgety 5 year old in tow.
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed May 16, 2007 1:22 pm

When the LHC goes down you really do go through "withdrawls..."

Topic author
MusicalMeg

Post by MusicalMeg » Wed May 16, 2007 3:59 pm

quote:Originally posted by animallvr:When the LHC goes down you really do go through "withdrawls..." AMEN TO THAT!!hayou know you're a crab addict when you wash the crabs' dishes more often than your own.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu May 17, 2007 2:35 am

You'd rather stay up and watch your crabs then go to bed when you know you're tired! And even when you DO go to bed, you wish you had stayed up watching the hermies longer...

Topic author
cluelesscrabber

Post by cluelesscrabber » Thu May 17, 2007 4:39 am

...You gag at the thought of eating crab at red lobster

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 1:13 am

every time you get a new crab, you gotta have another one to keep it company(though you already have 13 and counting...)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 3:36 am

... your crabitat is most likely cleaner than your apartment *sheepish*

Topic author
Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:44 am

quote:... your crabitat is most likely cleaner than your apartment *sheepish* Hehehehe My pets cages are cleaner then my house! You find a web page that sells box turtles and offeres free shipping on $100 or more,so you figure out hom many or each size or kind(2 straws and 2 sm pp's) that'll get you to $100 and then are devestated when they won't ship them to Canada!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 7:35 am

you know your a crab addict when... the fst teacher gives you food words to translate in french, and when you see "Crab" on there you fly into a rip-roaring rage, and REFUSE to do the rest of the page

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Fri May 18, 2007 10:08 am

quote:You gag at the thought of eating crab at red lobster You eat at Red lobster and bring the lobster tail home for the crabs but think a minute before bringing crab exo... then bring it anyway!
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 2:32 pm

You know your crab addict"s" when it takes someone to finally make a post where we show pictures of our kids and not our crabs...