You know your a crab addict when....

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

TheCrabbyTabby

Post by TheCrabbyTabby » Thu May 24, 2007 2:48 am

You know your a crab addict when you go grocery shopping and only think of what your crabs might like.
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die! Opt to Adopt!!
I know an awful lot about hamsters, betta fish and many other animals so don't hesitate to ask me if you have an animal related question!!!

Topic author
cluelesscrabber

Post by cluelesscrabber » Thu May 24, 2007 4:53 am

You are absolutely boycotting walmart, reguardless of what your local one sells. *guilty!*

Topic author
emismommy01

Post by emismommy01 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:30 am

When you originally purchase them for your child and realize that you are now adicted to their sweet little faces and personalities.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat May 26, 2007 11:28 am

Your significant other has to take your keys when he leaves, and then lock you in your own apartment while he's at work and you're at home, just because he knows you'll run down the road to the pet store and buy a PP.....

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sun May 27, 2007 1:08 am

When you hide a 10g tank with two ISO'ing hermies on the lower level of a 2-tiered end table, blocked from view by the dog's crate because you promised hubby no more tanks!LMAO That's my situation right now. I told hubby about adopting 11 but not about the 2 from the store. I promised right there no more tanks and figured I could merge the 11 with my existing E's and put the 2 in my empty ISO but the 11 were too new at only 1 1/2 weeks.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Sun May 27, 2007 1:25 am

quote:When you hide a 10g tank with two ISO'ing hermies on the lower level of a 2-tiered end table, blocked from view by the dog's crate because you promised hubby no more tanks! My iso is a 5 gallon sitting permanantly on a shelf to the (mostly hidden) side of my entertainment center. I leave it there all the time so it won't be obvious when I get new crabs.Um.. my addict indicator? You won't go to the drive in because you don't want to be up late before teaching Sunday School, but you will stay up until midnight on the crab forum.Oh, and then you get up early so you will have time to check the forum before you go.
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author
emismommy01

Post by emismommy01 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:15 am

When you have a birthday and return all non hermie related items so that you can go get what you really wanted!!...a bigger tank, more climbing toys, new dishes, a few more hermie huts etc. lmao

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sun May 27, 2007 3:52 am

quote:You won't go to the drive in because you don't want to be up late before teaching Sunday School, but you will stay up until midnight on the crab forum.Oh, and then you get up early so you will have time to check the forum before you go. Yep, my day doesn't start right if I can't drink my coffee while catching up here.
Photobucket album

Topic author
tnyfootprntz

Post by tnyfootprntz » Sun May 27, 2007 4:57 am

When your hubby clips a rose from the garden and knows you won't be needing him to get down the vase from the top shelf.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun May 27, 2007 7:48 am

I'm pretty sure this will be me in the furturequote:Originally posted by animallvr:When you secretly hide "crab purchases" and hope your significant other doesn't notice anything new in the tank....

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon May 28, 2007 4:12 pm

When you someone calls you "crabby" you are not offended

Topic author
KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Mon May 28, 2007 4:24 pm

You know you're an addict if ever given a quote like this: (paraphrased about salt water)"I don't always bother measuring. I just pour in several tablespoons of salt, fill half the bottle with hot water, shake it around, and then add cold. If I want to make sure I've got it salty enough, I stick in a finger and taste it. If I make a face and yell "bleck!" I know it's about right."On that same note, you know you're an addict if you know what crabby salt water tastes like.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Tue May 29, 2007 1:36 am

quote:When you someone calls you "crabby" you are not offended I actually smile and thank people. lol
Photobucket album

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 5:08 pm

When you practically have a heart attack when you see one crab trying to pull another crab out of his shell and than you scold the perpertrator like he knows what he did wrong...

Topic author
Baneykinz

Post by Baneykinz » Thu May 31, 2007 5:28 pm

You talk your fiance into buying you 1 more hermit crab, because there's a dead one in the tank, and when he tells you to let someone else take it home, reply that the pet store doesn't give out the right care information.