You know your a crab addict when....

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
newhermiemami

Post by newhermiemami » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:26 am

quote:you know you're an addict if you know what crabby salt water tastes like. ****shifts eyes around room nervously,,..*** Huhmp! What kind of crazy person would know that kind of thing.... Well lets see I think it was a couple of things that happened that clued me in. -I like Survivor for the hermies.-I noticed the hermit crab that "Bootstrap Bill" crunched up on Pirates 2. Absolutely made me ill.-I can not bring myself to eat anything crab. -I cant sit on the inside of a "Joe's Crab Shack". The smell of crabbies cooking makes me sick.-I saw a gorgeous fish set up and thought..."If only those fish were gone"-I buy one shrimp at a time-I sit up late to watch my crew and then blame my lack of sleep on my insomnia-I check on my crabs more often than my kids in the middle of the night-I cant visit my petstore without bringing a KK complete with ee and a hut, declor water and food...ya know..just in case.-First thought in my head when shopping for anything is "Can my hermies use this somehow?"-Convert bathroom supplies into hermie shelves and such-Speak to my hermies as if they are 10 month old babies..."Does Mommies little hermie girl like that avacado? I know she does, yes she does!"Of course this list could just go on and on. We are all crazy. Just face it. :P

Topic author
newhermiemami

Post by newhermiemami » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:32 am

quote:better yet, when you realize a store actually has Es, you freak out and yell in excitement. in the store. Hahaha this totally happened to me. I also got heart palpatations and immediately phoned my crabby friend Breezeetew....since everyone else thought I had gone nuts! But it was over straws. I wish we had Es!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:14 am

quote:I saw a gorgeous fish set up and thought..."If only those fish were gone" lol you wouldn't belive how many times I've thought that. Especially when they are selling them for cheap."Wow thats a big tank. Comes with free fish? Darn it.... I wonder how clownfish and tang are? Maybe with enough butter..."

Topic author
Baneykinz

Post by Baneykinz » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:21 am

Don't tell my goldfish I said that, they wouldn't be very happy with me....I know what Crabby saltwater tastes like, I was um, checking the mix....(-.-)You know you're a crabby addict when you try to talk your fiance into building you a fish pond, so that the hermies can take over the larger 75 gallon tank.

Topic author
cluelesscrabber

Post by cluelesscrabber » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:42 am

when you see poorly treated hermies at a store and start crying...(guilty!)

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:05 pm

quote:I saw a gorgeous fish set up and thought..."If only those fish were gone" *waves hand* I do that too!
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
MusicalMeg

Post by MusicalMeg » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:22 am

you base your shopping list on, "now what can my hermies eat?"you sacrifice your personal preference of salted peanut butter and buy unsalted so that you can feed it to the crabs.

Topic author
MusicalMeg

Post by MusicalMeg » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:24 am

quote:Originally posted by newhermiemami: -I buy one shrimp at a time I do that!! They give it to me for free, too. (They call it a "free sample" lol)

Topic author
emismommy01

Post by emismommy01 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:28 am

When you first shop the entire organic/natural section for your babies then make a b line for the junk food isle for yourself.

Topic author
emismommy01

Post by emismommy01 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:29 am

When you switch your child to organic brown eggs instead of her regular whites just so that you know your crabs are getting the best that they can. lmao

Topic author
cluelesscrabber

Post by cluelesscrabber » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:06 am

When you go to A.C Moore just to buy those shells in baskets that they have.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 am

... You can't wait for back-to-school, just so you can get one of those plastic locker shelves for a second level

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:49 am

wene u go to a stor, and your parents say you will be in trouble if u buy any more for the crabs. but u do i anyway

Topic author
cluelesscrabber

Post by cluelesscrabber » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:17 am

you have a 10-gallon complete setup...for taking crabs to and from the store.

Topic author
Dramatic Hermiexx

Post by Dramatic Hermiexx » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 am

You write all your essays in school about hermit crabsadvertise that you have hermit crabsconstantly obsess about your crabitat designYou worship hermit crabsYou make your grandma cancel all her doctors apointments and force your mom to pick you up late from school so someone is home to unpackage your new crabs that were shipped to you