Secret Crab Mission

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:34 am

Ok, you hold him down and I'll pinch him. This is my cat Scott-e being victomized by two of my Spy Hermie's.Sandra

Topic author
motley crew

Secret Crab Mission

Post by motley crew » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:10 am

Oh that is too cute!! Scott-e looks like hes thinking how am I going to get out of this one ?

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:29 am

He has been climbed on by some of my Hermies many times and he always comes back for more,He doesn't even seem to care when they climb on him. I swear he is right there every time it's Hermie day (unless he's cat napping of course) Sandra

Crabby Abby

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Crabby Abby » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:06 am

I would think that would be a CATastrophe! heheh And he doesn't chase or bat at them?? What a good kitty.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:25 am

he he, nope no batting or chasing that I know of, I do leave him there to watch them when I go and clean the water dishes. He is a really good cat (but)....He does have a problem with night stalking one of my tiel's. He trys to scare Tango my Quaker Parrot by jumping on top of his cage but Tango just starts laughing at him, it's so funny. Tango just wants to kiss the Kitty.Sandra

Topic author
Lilcrabber

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Lilcrabber » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:12 pm

Sneaky crabs!Good thing they decided to sneak up on a good kitty.Now if that was my dog sitting there...

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:18 pm

Wow what a good cat..mine would probably be whacking them down a hallway if she saw them crawling around on the ground...its a cute pic

Topic author
MusicalMeg

Secret Crab Mission

Post by MusicalMeg » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:54 am

I have a kitty who LOVES to bat things around. When I first got hermit crabs my mom said she could just see Kirby batting them all over the kitchen floor. Now that my cat knows there's a crab in the house (and where it is) she loves trying to look at it. We'll pick her up near the tank and she'll fix her eyes on Sandy and just flick her tail. I keep reminding her, though, Sandy is not her new toy. Will she ever learn? lol

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:14 am

both my kittys go nuts for my crabs...when i first had them in a critter carrier... alanna used to sleep on top of it...and we would be across the room..and she would hear the slightest noise..look at me like her kittens were being eaten alive then run off and "roost" on their cage. recently after she had been uber curious..i got one of my micros out...the squirreliest one and sorta gently held alanna down..and set the micro on top of her..and let it crawl up her tail to her body...omg...i thought her heart was going to stop... she wasnt upset and the crab was interested in the terrain...but i think she has a better understanding of the creature she is so interested in now...

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:44 am

That is too cute!! Ur Scott-ee looks just like my kitty, Nuala!

Kharasmatic

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Kharasmatic » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:58 am

awwwww! cute pic. I wish my kitty was so nice to them--sometimes he's scared of them, and sometimes he just wants to chase them!
~kharasmatic

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Thanks every one, he is a handful some times but we love him. He did the night stalking thing to my Birdie last night and scared the heck out of her I'm thinking that I may have to use a spray bottle to train him. Peeps has been here longer than he has so it's not like she's new or any thing, any suggestions?Sandra

Topic author

Secret Crab Mission

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:30 am

Force your kitty to watch Sylvester and Tweety cartoons. Once he sees what happens to a cat when they go after birds, he may think twice. He He.I tawt I taw a puddy tat!Sorry couldn't resist. You cat sounds so cute

Topic author
MusicalMeg

Secret Crab Mission

Post by MusicalMeg » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:04 am

If you can hold your bird still enough, take its claws and scratch your cat's nose. I know it sounds terrible, but that's how my mom taught our cats not to chase our pet rat years ago. It worked, too. We could take her out of the cage and she'd crawl all over the couch and the cats wouldn't do a thing to her.