LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!
ok, here we go again. A few more questions to help us all get to know each other a little better!1) What time you wake up in the morning2) What type of movies you like most3) Favorite cartoon as a kid4) Super power you wish you could have5) Favorite kind of non-American food6) Pet you wish you could have7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)8) What age you wish you could be9) Cats or dogs10) something not many people know about youMy answers:1) 6:00 a.m.2) Comedies3) I loved all of the original Merry Melodies shows!4) I'd love to be able to shoot spaghetti out of my fingertips, 'Cause no one wants to be covered in spaghetti...lol Ok for real, I guess I would want to have the power to be invisible5) probably Chinese6) A yorkie puppy...which I will get someday7) I play the piano, but not well8) young again!! No responsibilities9) Dogs10) I was born premature and a golfball sized part of my brain didnt develop properly...and I have a dent in the back of my scull where it is at. lol its weird I know
1) 10am2) Comedies3) SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU?!?!4) Super-strength5) Chinese, Crab-runguns are the stuff happiness is made of6) Okapi7) I played percussion in band, marching snare in marching band. I wish I could play the violin though8) The age I am is fine, I don't want to go through my angsty teen years again, and I don't want to be older9) Both, and goats, and horses, and......10) I am afraid of horses, well, every horse except mine.
1. Whatever time I work... My schedule is kinda sporatic. 7-10 if I'm just left to it.2. Adventure, suspense, comedy. NO CHICK FLICKS.3. Power rangers, teenage mutant ninja turtles, garfield, pokemon, etc.4. To be invisible, or to fly, or both! Or mind reading, x-ray vision, the whole shebang. 5. Uhh... Enchiladas? Hence the name Chinese is ok occasionally, but mostly mexican, with italian a close second.6. Tiger. but i'm gonna run a zoo someday so that'llbe good enough.7. In high school I played guitar in jazz band, flute in wind ensemble, and was in the percussion ensemble (mallets, quints, snare). Working on piano.8. 18 forever. I think I like it.9. Beautiful whit tabby Keisha, my pride and joy. She's smart and hilarious and gorgeous-- perfect in every way. She'll snuggle when I want to snuggle, play when i want to play, and gives great massages. ^-^ Then my sis's cat Carmel, a little devilish creature who has shaken kitten syndrome or SOMETHING, she's wiggy. If she weren't therapy for my little sis she'd be looong gone by now. She's annoying and pees on everything. Never had a dog but getting a malamute, husky, or other wolfish dog asap.10. I had infantile botulism when i was less than a year old, complete paralysm, had seizures from lack of oxygen (that should explain a lot )spent weeks in a hospital hooked up to an IV and respirator, still have scars from the IV needles cuz they were in my feet for so long.
1) 11:00 during the summer; 6:30 during the school year.2) Comedies! I want to laugh!3) Well, I watched the Smurfs every Saturday morning but I didn't really like them. It was more like an obsessive habit. 4) I want to FLY!!!5) Asian--Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai6) Monkey, dolphin, panda---or to be more realistic--a miniature horse. You can keep one in an upstairs apartment right?7) Guitar cuz I am a rock star!8) Hmmm... 26 was good.9) Both10) I want to go back to school. Not because of any particular career goals. I just enjoy being a student. I want to get my masters then a doctorate and I will make every call me doctor. MUAHAHAHAHA!
1) 7:30 am, but I'd prefer to stay in bed later!2) Superhero and Sci-fi3) He-man and later, She-ra4) I wish I could fly5) Thai, Sri Lankan, Indian6) a cow - I would milk her too!7) I play the french horn, but I want to learn to play the banjo8) I loved being 24, but I'm happy here as well9) dogs10) I like the Beastie Boys (way outside my normal music)Baneykinz - the okapi is my daughter's favorite animal! She is going to "adopt" one from the zoo.
1) What time you wake up in the morningMorning?2) What type of movies you like mostI do watch a lot of romantic comedies, (sometimes it's nice not to think) comedies, some drama, foreign films, Independent films, and occasionally documentaries, if the subject interests me.3) Favorite cartoon as a kidooh, which part of childhood? I loved David the Gnome, and stuff on Nick Jr. when I was 6 and under. And Looney Toons, Ghostbusters, TMNT (though that was more my sister's fav) Inspector Gadget and stuff from about 5-8. After that, Looney Toons, Animaniacs, Freakazoid (awesome silly show) The Tick! Simpsons, and stuff like that. 4) Super power you wish you could haveThe ability to change my age at will.5) Favorite kind of non-American foodJapanese, I think. At least, the little I've tried of it.6) Pet you wish you could haveOh, wow. Well, I wanted a capyberra for a while, though apparently they smell pretty bad. I do want to work with big animals, but not have them as "pets". 7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)Keyboard-badly. Harmonica-badly. Kazoo.....as well as anyone can play the kazoo. But you should see me on the tambourine. Wow. What age you wish you could be5, if I wouldn't have to grow up the same way. 5 was a good age, though.9) Cats or dogsI think I'm more of a cat person. Love dogs, but I've got a connection-y thing going with cats.10) something not many people know about youI have blood pressure on the low end of the scale, and a very fast pulse rate.
quote:6) Pet you wish you could haveOh, wow. Well, I wanted a capyberra for a while, though apparently they smell pretty bad. I do want to work with big animals, but not have them as "pets". It's b/c of your Tick obsession isn't it.They used to have some at the zoo here. They rolled around in mud a lot but they didn't smell any worse than a pig.
1. between 4-7 am2. horror or comedy3. rocko's modern life or daria4. talk to animals5. chinese or polish6. ducks7. anything..i cant play anything...lol... but i can sing!8. 7...i miss being 79. both, but mostly cats10. i have a lot of psych issues, most are pretty harmless to, im not going to go on a killing spree and im not a threat to society. but i do things without knowing why, honestly, like ill do something weird and for no apparent reason, or sometimes ill even forget doing it...but thats as far into that im going...
Well...since skittles was so honest I have a new #10.10) I have extreme social anxiety especially in regards to the phone (it freaks me out to have to call anyone that I am not really, really close to and when the phone rings I feel like someone is harassing me. "Why are they calling? Why can't they just leave me alone?" "Hello. Ms. McKenzie your photos are ready." Sheesh, why do they invade my privacy?)But even weirder than the phone anxiety is my house anxiety. I freak out at the idea of people coming to my house. My poor child can't have people over to play (well, that's not the only reason--when her friends do come over the downstairs neighbor complain--but they complain about everything.) I had a friend drop me off once and wanted to come in to use the bathroom. I tried to remain calm while having an anxiety attack. Last week, the bugman had to come and spray for scorpions. I was really tempted to say I'd take my chances with the scorpions. I had a four hour anxiety attack while waiting for the bugman to come. (The apartment notice just said the day he'd come, not the time.) If it had been late afternoon I probably would have laready had a heart attack.The weirdest thing is, I wasn't always that way. When I got my very first apartment it was a crashpad for everyone out of town or who had a long drive. (I lived in Houston, you could drive for an hour and still be in Houston.) I remember one night getting up to go to the restroom and having to step of a dozen people to do so. How did I go from this to that?weird
it happens, and i know someone with almost the same problem as you...before i moved to tennessee there was a older woman *older than me i mean* that live in the upstairs apartment, she didnt really like people in her house, and it was super clean because of her ocd too...after a while of me talking to her and what not i was finally invited to go up and chit chat there, i felt scared to move cuz i mite spill something or knock something over...but eventually i got used to it. so no worries, your not alone
wo Kitty. I am the same way with the whole social anxiety thing. I wouldnt even call in a pizza if someone else was there to do it. People get frustrated with me about it, but I cant help it. Even if I wanted to go to the neighbors house, I would have to have my mom call over to see if they were home. Im shy and dont like to really talk to people I dont know very well. Ive gotten a little better, but sometimes it wouldput me in tears as a kid when my dad would want me to call somewhere to see what time they closed, and I just couldnt do it.
Glad to know I'm not alone. In high school I had ver social friends. This one girl I called my secretary bc she did all my phoning for me. And that was in the days before caller ID. You didn't even know who was calling! AHHH!I used to have anxiety about other things. One time when I moves, I would drive 20 minutes out of my way to go to my "old" grocery store. There was one one block down from my new place but I couldn't go in there alone bc I had never been there before. What if the bread was on a different aisle?! I knew it was silly but I couldn't help it. I finally went there with a friend of mine at 3am. (We were up anyway.) It wasn't so bad.
[QUOTE]1) What time you wake up in the morning whenever my newborn son wakes up!2) What type of movies you like most suspense3) Favorite cartoon as a kidJem!!4) Super power you wish you could have being able to fly5) Favorite kind of non-American food Italian6) Pet you wish you could have horse7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)I wish I could play the piano although I have figured out how to play a few songs on my own8) What age you wish you could be 27 forever!9) Cats or dogs dogs10) something not many people know about you/QUOTE] I can draw...well
1) What time you wake up in the morning8:30ish2) What type of movies you like mostFantasy (Legend, Neverending Story) and Disney movies3) Favorite cartoon as a kidSAILOR MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4) Super power you wish you could haveTransfiguration 5) Favorite kind of non-American foodSeafood? Does that count?6) Pet you wish you could haveUnicorn ^_^7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play) I can play piano, I'd like to learn harp8) What age you wish you could be19 is good. 21 would be pretty sweet too.9) Cats or dogsBOTH10) something not many people know about youI was a foster kid for 4 years