LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!
1) What time you wake up in the morningi never wake up in teh morning, usually noon- 2:302) What type of movies you like mostall as long as there good!3) Favorite cartoon as a kidtransformers,sailor moon, and power rangers4) Super power you wish you could havehmm.. flyings pretty fun, and exploding things5) Favorite kind of non-American fooditalian6) Pet you wish you could havea parrot7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)alot. What age you wish you could bei dont know9) Cats or dogsdogs, but i do like cats aswell10) something not many people know about youi enjoy making murder (i dont know if i cant write assassin) plans, and when people say they want to kill someone, i think they mean it *coughs* anyways..
Wow I have an issue with the phone thing too!I've gotten alot better since I've had my children b/c I have to.If someone calls and I don't recognize the number I won't answer. I don't like ordering pizza or making appointments or any of that.My childrens father will call me from his work phone and he has to leave a message saying for me to pick up next time he calls b/c I won't pick up since I never recognize the number!I have driving issues too. I'll only go where I know and avoid highways if at all possible. I've gotten alot better since living in Florida though...
1) What time you wake up in the morning It depends on Odin between 6 and 8am2) What type of movies you like most Action movies3) Favorite cartoon as a kid The simpsons4) Super power you wish you could have Fly5) Favorite kind of non-American food Japanese6) Pet you wish you could have tortious, no one sells them here!!!7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)The piano, althought I'm tone deaf... What age you wish you could be 10, I'd love to be a kid again9) Cats or dogs both, I have 2 cats(we're getting a black kitten on fri 13!) and 1 dog, 10) something not many people know about you I pretend I'm audtioning for Idol...
The door thing is an issuse now here too... My nosey neigbors called social services on me because I couldn't keep the house spotless, work full time, have 2 kids and be pregnate at the same time(they never had kids and are obsessive neet freeks). The neigbors moved just before Odin was born, but everytime the door bell rings my heart races and I feal like I'm going to vomit! It doesn't help now that I'm potty training Annika, so she's usually naked...
1) I'm up by 8:00 but I don't go to sleep till 2 or 3.2) I love comedies and anything with Al Pacino3) Is the 3 Stooges a cartoon? If not, Road Runner.4) I'm a bear if I'm behind someone slow and I'm always late so I wish I could fly. It would solve both problems.5) Cajun6) A parrot7) I'd like to play keyboard8) 309) Woof10) I get wacky over politics. I begged my way into chaperoning a State House field trip and squealed when the teacher approved me, I wrote a scathing letter to President Bush about a bill he vetoed, a letter of support to New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and I walked up and introduced myself to a handsome Greek Senator (Panagiotakos) when I caught him down the street from campus pumping his own gas.
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.
1) What time you wake up in the morning between 8 and 9, but I'm usually up to around 22) What type of movies you like most action/adventure3) Favorite cartoon as a kid Roadrunner4) Super power you wish you could have being invisible or mind-reading (or both! )5) Favorite kind of non-American food Mexican Mexican Mexican6) Pet you wish you could have I'm allergic to most pets, so I will say a guinea pig7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play) I play the flute, wish I could play the drums, guitar, and banjo8) What age you wish you could be I loved being 239) Cats or dogs Dogs10)something not many people know about you I am extremely claustrophobic since getting trapped in an elevator years ago -- I can't even stand fog because it feels like it's closing in on me
~ crabbing since 2003
1. Wake up in Morning: 9:302. Type of movies you like most: Action/Adventure3. Fav cartoon as kid: Smurfs4. Superpower: Indestructability5. Non American food: Mexican6. Pet to have: Gremlin(I know their not real! but I always wanted one just like Gizmo7. musical instrument: flute8. Age I wish I could be: 25 again9. Cats or dogs: both10. I'm adopted
1. Wake up in the morning: 6:05 AM2. Type of movies you like most: Comedy/Fantasy/Crime/Horror if it's not too scary/ugly3. Fav cartoon as a kid: Odysseus / Smurfs / Marshall Bravestar4. Superpower: reading thoughts / Transformation would be nice, too5. Non American Food: Thai/Chinese/Indian/Italian6. Pet to have: DOG - but my fiance doesn't like them... / monitors (soon to come)7. musical instrument: I'd love to be able to play the guitar, but I am not very talented...oh, and I would like to sing, but I don't have a very good voice... 8. Age I wish I could be: 18 with the knowledge of today 9. Cats or dogs: both, I love dogs a little more, but my fiance likes cats more, so we will have 2 cats in the near future and I am looking forward to it 10. Something not many people know: I am very very jealous regarding my fiance and sometimes I like to kill every female person he is talking to...And I love crime books (especially from Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell, Jeffery Deaver is fine, too - I love Lincoln Rhyme!). I am working on the perfect plan how to murder a person (not a special one and the plan only exists in my mind!) - my mother reads the same books and sometimes we are discussing our "murder plans". My father then says:"OK, now I'm getting scared of you wicked women!" MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OH, and I suffered for 2 years after a boy (he was 21)I loved very much left me after I didn't want to sleep with him (I was 15). I was of risk of committing suicide for over 1 year and nearly became addicted to alcohol. But now everything is fine and I will marry next year (not the guy who left me)
1) What time you wake up in the morning>> During the work week 4:00am weekends 7:30to 8:00am(wish I could sleep like I used too)2) What type of movies you like most>>Action,scary but not bloddy3) Favorite cartoon as a kid>>Bugs bunny rules4) Super power you wish you could have>>being able to fly/with ESP5) Favorite kind of non-American food>>chinese6) Pet you wish you could have>>Horse7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)>>Drums/If you want to learn most anything you can but the talent I would love to have is being able to sing. What age you wish you could be>>25/with everything I know at 379) Cats or dogs>>Dogs10) something not many people know about you>>I don't like crowds of people,but I love going to concerts
- Founding Member
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:31 pm
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
1) What time you wake up in the morning?Between 5 and 8 am, depending on when I got to sleep the night before. But at 8am the budgies are awake and screaming for food.2) What type of movies you like most?Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy3) Favorite cartoon as a kid?Ulysses 31! But Tom & Jerry and Bugs Bunny come right next on the list.4) Super power you wish you could have?Shapeshifting, because it somehow incluse a lot of other superpowers.5) Favorite kind of non-American foodGerman food cooked by my mom. And Chinese.6) Pet you wish you could have?Ooooh, long list. But I would love to keep gila monsters, elephant shrews and armadillos.7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)?I did some Taiko drumming a while ago, but right now I cannot pay the course. I will start again as soon as possible!8) What age you wish you could be>?I like my age fine (28)9) Cats or dogs? Dogs or Maine Coon cats.10) something not many people know about you?I suffer from sleep paralysis
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002
Crabbing since 2002
I ought to have clarified my "when do you wake up" question. That is a very different one then "when do you get up for the day". I wake up somewhere between 9:30-10:30 am to turn on my chameleons light, give him his morning mist, and feed him a few crickets (depending on the day) and to turn on the fishes' light, and feed them. Then I make sure I've turned off my alarm and hop back into bed until 2 or so. (Actually, that also depends on what my sleep schedule is, which is kinda wacky, since I don't think my internal clock is 24 hours.)I'd also like to change my superpower: I'd rather have the ability to instill empathy in people. I think that some things in this world might be a lot nicer if that were possible.
1) What time you wake up in the morning6:152) What type of movies you like mostIt doesn't matter as long as the writing is good.3) Favorite cartoon as a kidUnderdog. I always wanted to be Polly Purebred.4) Super power you wish you could haveTime travel. I would change SO much about my past.5) Favorite kind of non-American foodChinese6) Pet you wish you could haveBlack labrador retreiver7) musical instrument you play (or wish you could play)I can play just about anything I pick up, I just wish I had the time and inclination to practice. What age you wish you could beI'd go back to 8 and live my life over. But if I could stay one age forever, it would be 19.9) Cats or dogsDogs. Cats are worthless unless you have a barn.10) something not many people know about youI have moderate OCD. Not the kind that helps me keep a clean house (sheesh! I wish!) the kind that keeps me checking things. The last time I was sure of something was when I was 19.
Margaret--somehow I missed your post. When people find out what I'm listening to on my MP3 player they usually respond like, "Really? The Beastie Boys? Come on, really?" Odd thing is, I hated them when they were popular. I remember getting into a fight with a friend bc I wouldn't let him play them in my car. Maybe I'm going thru a not-yet mid-life crisis.Baneykinz--I saw Even Almighty yesterday and when he loaded the ark--there was a pair of okapi's! I thought of you. Actually I couldn't remember who posted about them; just that someone did. It was exciting--you usually don't see them much.Pharfly--I feel for you. As a parent there have been many times I have worried about people calling and reporting me for child abuse. When my daughter was 18 months. She injured herself and got a black eye. I was afraid to take her out in public. Also, she got hold of mildew remover once and sprayed it in her eye. I flushed her eyes and took her to the ER knowing they would call the police. Zen was fine and the ER staff assured me that accidents happen. At seven, she still prefers to be nude and sometimes wanders onto the balcaoney to water plants w/o getting dressed first. Once I forgot her lunch money (I'm surprised it's only been once!) and kept worrying what the teacher might think. Last year I forgot to pay the light bill on time and we had to pretend we were camping. I was so afraid she'd go to school and share her adventure. AND the house is always messy. I think I might have low-grade OCD but it is over-powered by my high-grade procrastination/slacker gene. *sigh* requiem--I was just talking to your fiance and ...um, nevermind. Put the knife away. *runs away screaming*KC, you know you can get timers for all the lights right?I feel so close to everyone now! We are all psychotic normal.
Yes, but I still have to mist down the cage (has to be misted a few times a day) and feed him and do a visual check up, so I figure hitting a switch is really not a big deal.quote:Once I forgot her lunch money (I'm surprised it's only been once!) and kept worrying what the teacher might think. When I was in elementary school, depending on the school, the cafeteria either handed out a peanut butter sandwhich bagged lunch, or just made a note to ask for payment next time and let the kid eat the usual fare anyways. Not sure if things are the same for your district or if they've changed that policy since I was in elementary.quote:I think I might have low-grade OCD but it is over-powered by my high-grade procrastination/slacker gene. *sigh* Pretty sure I've got just the 'O and D' part of OCD. (Which is possible, according to reliable sources) Sure, mess bothers me, but I'm WAY too lazy and too much of a procrastinator to take care of it immediately. No, I obsess over stupid irrational and disturbing stuff, and then have no compulsions to relieve any of it. I've found that realizing it's just part of my anxiety/weird reactions to world helps it go away much faster. Huh...now that I think about it---is watching the same DVD over, and over and over so I can sleep considered a compulsion?
Depends on what it is.Now you just need to set up a contraption that will release crickets into the cage and mist him at select intervals throughout the day. Automatic caretaking. Sounds great.They should make teeny, tiny roombas and scoobas that could be placed in cages to do the dirty work. I'd buy them.