Because I'm Already In A Bad Mood...

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:34 pm

The meese I crack up everytime I see that. You know what kind of look I would get if I tried to use that word up here? That would be terrible. I'm having an anxiety attack thinking about it. ahahaha Mother in Laws... What a nightmare another reason to add to my long list of reasons not to get married. Unless Robert Sean Leonard proposes to me... I wouldn't think twice...If there was a drooling emoticon I would use it. I'm also wondering why you got a nice reply Kitty. Maybe Crabby Abby deserves some credit for taming the wild shrew down for the rest of us.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:58 pm

I'm telling ya, it was the words "betta tank" that set off the now-reformed psycho. See, Kitty didn't say anything about bettas so the woman remained calm. But Abby, well, she wasn't preinformed about the use of the B-word. Maybe the man at the deli becomes enraged at the thought of betta fish as well. Most of the stuff my MIL says to me is well, unprintable. So we won't go there. Maybe I need to talk about "meese" with her.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
kitty_LHC

Post by kitty_LHC » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:45 am

What I do with my meese is none of your business!If I had a mother-in-law I'd hate her too.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:49 pm

Ur talking to an ebay addict, sister!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:34 am

Did some one say e-bay??? Oh sorry, lolI just got a bunch of stuff from e-bay. MMMMMMmmmm e-bay.Sandra

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:35 am

Hey, did one of y'all win this auction? Blah! You're taking away my water pillows now. Wah! He He she only made $2.00 off all of that junk from her "phase".
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:16 am

$2.00 is a lot of money for that junk. I just hope the winning bidder knows how to use the water pillows as well as you did Nicole, what are you going to do with your time now that you can't be face down on a water pillow?? Sandra

Topic author
kitty_LHC

Post by kitty_LHC » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:53 am

Come on--fess up! Which one of you won?You know we really hsould have bid on it instead of letting someone else get it. It could have prevented a catastrophe. Or maybe someone bought it for a betta tank.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:13 am

I emailed the bidder while the auction was still going and told her what a death trap it was and what they really need. I'm not expecting that it'll change the outcome but it feels good to be proactive. Maybe she'll keep the few accessories and toss the tank.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Abby, you crack me up. Did you hear back from the bidder? I'll take those pillows if she decides not to use them.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:19 am

I dislike people who try to defend themselves against people who know what they are talking about. I wouldnt argue with a physics teacher about the forse of a nuclear bomb going of in a closed enviroment. They also said they go on Ebay freely and we try to teach and critisize there mewthods freely too.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:52 am

quote:Abby, you crack me up. Did you hear back from the bidder? I'm glad I entertain you Nicole! Nah, wasn't really expecting too.Nicole you won't believe it but I had yet another run in with a rude guy at the supermarket but this time I had payback. This is the second time this has happened. Someone comes up behind me, sets down the divider and begins putting their stuff up when I've just begun to put down my own and I've got a full cart. The first time the guy kept pushing the divider my way to give himself more room. Finally I pushed it hard and some of his groceries fell off! heheh Oops. This time was better. This guy divides the belt at the 1/3 point, small part for me, large for him and begins chatting with a woman behind him. Twice I asked him to stop putting his groceries up until I was done and he said to the woman "What a b*tch." ?? Wow. I must have a sign on my back cause I'm the nicest person. Respectful and I dress nice. Go figure. He had his back to me so I began moving some of his items among mine. As they reached the cashier I said to her, "I actually think I have one of these at home, can I put it back. I bought too much junk food too, can you put back this, this and that also?" I watch the total, make a face and wonder aloud if I have enough money and have her put back a couple more to make sure. I put back about 8 of his items and the cashier looked quite annoyed but she never caught on.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:41 pm

Ah, revenge is sweet. But seriously, I really think you need to find a new supermarket. LOL What's up with all the high-strung people? They should offer free samples of [insert favorite sedative here] at your grocery store.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
kitty_LHC

Post by kitty_LHC » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:04 pm

HehehePeople in grocery stores everywhere are rude. I hate the people (I could have said I hate it when people...but I chose to say "I hate people") who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle blocking traffic both ways and then wander off. Then they have the audacity to look annoyed if someone moves their basket out of the way so traffic can flow again.And then you know how you are pushing your basket and can't see around corners so you are inevitably going to cross paths with someone going the other way. Well, I always apologize and pull back letting the other person go. It's a mutual problem but I am gracious. Often other gracious people respond as I do. It's very civilized. Often people just act like I am scum for even shopping. I mean really--if I hadn't come to the store then they wouldn't be temporarily inconvenienced by my cart and their cart almost touching as we both turned the same corner.However, once wehn I was pregnant I couldn't be bothered pulling back and being gracious. Darn it, my feet were tired, my back hurt and I had a forever hiccuping Zen in my belly. Well, the other guy didn't want to back up either so I just stood their. No one moved. I nudged his basket forward and he pushed mine out of the way and went past.Oh no! Not an irritated pregnant woman. I kicked him in the shin. His friend said, "Well, you shouldn't have messed with a pregnant woman." I still feel good about my act of violence.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:22 pm

I came up with my own grocery shopping anger management plan. I shop between 1 & 2am. Only one door open, one cashier, & usually one manager. By that time the shelves are stocked so I don't have to trip over boxes in the aisles. Rarely do I see another shopper & there's hardly any traffic to fight to & from the store. (Solves my traffic anger too - gee, ya wonder how some people managed to get a license.)