Olympics

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Olympics

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:27 pm

LOL I'm 5"2 and nearly twice what she weighs... The poor girl what does she eat? a skittle a day? I was watching women's snowboarding last night and it completely, well it was terrible. USA was winning until the last two hills of the race and then like an idiot she decided to do a small trick on the first to last hill, landed on the side of her board and whiped out. She claimed she was trying to even herself out, but none of the newscasters believed that. Neither do I. Lost the gold to do a stupid trick. AHhHHHH

Bubu

Olympics

Post by Bubu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Yep I heard about that! I read it in the paper this morning too. I thought it was so stupid, I mean why try to be cool when you're still in the race? Obviously something can happen, and it did, and she cost us the gold. *smacks*Apolo was just on guys! He came in second for something...I think it was a qualifying run, I'm not sure because I wasn't totally paying attention lol.

Topic author
Nicole

Olympics

Post by Nicole » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:38 pm

Pooh. Apolo got the bronze. But again another classy interview and a smile (another Mrs. Robinson moment for me, sigh!). Shani Davis could learn a lot from Apolo; he won the gold in long track speed skating tonight and looked miserable during his interview. Bah!And yes, the USA snowboarder celebrated a little too early last night. Dumb, dumb, dumb. A bad mistake; she was lucky to get the silver.Glad you liked the pic Bubu.
~ crabbing since 2003

Bubu

Olympics

Post by Bubu » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:26 am

Shani Davis bothered me, I thought he was really unproffesional to that poor lady interiewing him. He reminded me of Terell Owens, next question!I stayed up to watch Apolo's medal run, and they never showed it! At the bottom of the screen they said he was coming up in about a half hour, and they never showed it! They just went straight to his interview (which I watched and giggled like an idiot everytime he spoke). Did any of you see it? They were only showing the long jumping ski thingy, I was dissapointed. Oh and is anyone else sick of Bode Miller? He messed up AGAIN yesterday! I don't even think he finished the course, I know he sorta went off it a bit, I believe he was disqualified for it. He hasn't even come close to winning a medal, sounds like a way overhyped athelete to me! (I didn't like him to begin with, but I have to root for him anyways)

Topic author
Nicole

Olympics

Post by Nicole » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:49 am

Yes, I am tired of Bode Miller. I think he is very arrogant and for little reason. Plus he's just not cute. Shani Davis did have that T.O. attitude. I certainly saw enough T.O. interviews this past year to catch that. I don't understand why people have to act so above everybody else. I like Chad Hedrick though. Apolo has two more events, if I'm not mistaken. Here's A Great Pic Of ApoloIce dancing is tonight, and I think womens' speed skating. Double yawn.
~ crabbing since 2003

Bubu

Olympics

Post by Bubu » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:03 pm

Mmm I like that unzipped outfit he's got going on there, plus he looks very happy, fantastic picture lol! I like Chad Hedrick too, he's isn't at all selfish or attitude-y. The USA snow boarders had good attitudes too, besides the girl that messed up. Is it just me or is the USA not living up to its expectations?I don't know what to watch tonight, the NBA All Star game is on in about a half hour, but other then that I'm not really interested in anything! No good events on, you're right lol.

Olympics

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:25 pm

Did the Shani guy actually say next question? Oh how rude. I hate jerks. Bode miller.... Haven't seen him. I miss alot of the olympics working, but I did catch a glimpse of bobsledding last night. Whooooo. T.O.??? Maybe I'm just having a blond moment. What does that stand for? Apollo... Wow he's not bad.

Topic author
Nicole

Olympics

Post by Nicole » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:09 pm

I fell asleep during the Olympics tonight. Now I am wide awake. The ice dancing was boring although I felt badly for the ones that fell so hard.I am anxious to see the womens' figure skating; we have a good chance to medal I hope. I do think the USA hasn't been as good as promised. A lot of attitudes and less delivery. And the poor sportsmanship is embarrassing. Johnny Weir storming off after not medaling, Shani Davis fighting with the other speed skaters, the female snowboarder doing the air trick before she was finished the course and then making a lame excuse about why she did it.T.O. (Terrell Owens) was the whiny annoying receiver who used to play for the Philadelphia Eagles. He thought he was above everybody else and fought with everyone but the Eagle mascot. I couldn't stand seeing his smug interviews on TV with the little snappy answers. My mom is 68 and she even likes Apolo. LOL
~ crabbing since 2003

Bubu

Olympics

Post by Bubu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:59 am

quote:Did the Shani guy actually say next question? Nope that was T.O.'s agent, during a press conference with Terrell he wouldn't answer anything, he always said "next question". Which is the butt of many jokes around the sports world if you watch Sportscenter or anything of that sort lol. (I've said it a few times now as well )I didn't watch any of the Olympics last night lol! I forgot there were two VH1 shows I wanted to watch, then I just flipped to the All Star game and eventually fell asleep. What's on tonight? (Olympics-wise I mean)

Topic author
Nicole

Olympics

Post by Nicole » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:44 pm

Ice dancing just finished. USA got a silver, first ever for us I think. Bode Miller didn't medal again in his event. Kind of another boring night. Tomorrow is the womens' short program and the mens' 1500 speedskating. I'm looking more forward to those events.
~ crabbing since 2003

Bubu

Olympics

Post by Bubu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:15 am

I finally have the Detroit Pistons back from their break, so I'm watching them tonight. I may flip over to the speed skating on commercials though, just to see whose in it and how they do. I was really disapointed with Bode's performace again, I didn't watch it but it made me so mad that he didn't get a medal. It's like he's not even trying, judging by his comments on it. I wish he'd go away now lol. Oh and when I went upstairs to look at the mail on the counter, I saw a Newsweek sitting there with Shaun White's picture in the corner! I flipped to the article, expecting something on him, but it's like a general outlook on all the snowboarders and other events, so I didn't really read it lol. There was an article about him in People magazine awhile ago, I read that

Olympics

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:17 am

Ahhh Terrel Owens.... Don't know him. LOL All I saw Yesterday was women's bobsledding, and hockey... Only a little bit of the hockey. I recorded it on accident trying to get Days of out lives and passions. Grrrr

Bubu

Olympics

Post by Bubu » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:24 am

Gah Sasha Cohen won Silver...which I don't think was right because she fell twice. Why are these Olympics making me so angry lol. quote:I recorded it on accident trying to get Days of out lives and passions. Passions is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. My mom works at an NBC news station and she has a big screen tv out in the lobby that she can watch, and anytime I'm in there Passions is always on. I couldn't handle it when the monkey nurse came out, I was like yeah thats enough for me lol.

Topic author
Nicole

Olympics

Post by Nicole » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:00 am

The Olympics are annoying this time around. I enjoyed them so four years ago but there are so many lackluster performances this year. Blah. It's like everyone is messing up and we'll just give the medals to the people who mess up the least. Only the Japanese skater (don't know her name) skated cleanly. She deserved her medal but the rest were sloppy. I'm getting tired of hearing about all the jumping to earn points, too, under the new system. People (both men and women) were so interested in earning points for the fancy jumping that they fall and lose the artistry. Double blah.I don't watch soaps. LOL Between all the sporting events and the reality TV I just don't have time.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Nicole

Olympics

Post by Nicole » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:43 pm

A satisfying end to the Olympics! Two medals for Apolo tonight. Loved the way he finished the relay for the US. Still nothing for Bode Miller but I say so what. This was a great thread; in two years we'll have to have one to discuss the SummerMale OlympiansOlympics.
~ crabbing since 2003