Who's your favorite bands?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:25 am

Right now I'm really into a band called A Day To Remember for those of you who don't who I'm talking about this band is Metal Core/Scream-O and really good. I'm also into another Metal Core/Scream-O band called I am Terrified they are a Christian group which is odd for Metal Core or Metal anything.lolThey have a song on Youtube called Falling on the Everlasting which is full of power licks and really good.I also like a band called Dream Evil they have a song on Youtube called In The Book Of Heavy Metal it'll melt your face off. I also like a few more contemporary/alternative bands: All American Rejects, Yellow Card, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Plain White Tee's, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Tantric, Daughtry, Kansas, Seether, Fly Leaf and Reliant K.For my old school bands that would be: Areosmith, Journey, Peter Frampton, Styx, Led Zeppelin, Poison, White Snake and Vai(Steve Vai). Who are your favorite current and old school groups?
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

ILoveHermies

Post by ILoveHermies » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 am

My favorite band is a Christian punk rock/pop rock band out of Canada called Hawk Nelson.I listen to a lot of metalcore, some good bands being: Crown The Empire, Attack Attack!, Asking Alexandria, Wolves At The Gate (they're Christian), Adestria, Miss May I and bands along those lines. I also listen to Relient K, Skillet, Bowling For Soup, Hollywood Undead, as well as hundreds of other bands, and a ridiculous amount of country (I grew up in the country on a farm so it's to be expected :P)My favorite old school bands would have to be The Steve Miller Band, Guns 'n Roses, Queen, Aerosmith, Journey, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and Pink Floyd
6 PPs: Shelldon, Kingler, Delilah, Bubba, Steve & Harvey R.I.P: Indie 1 tortoise: Digger 1 Cat: Sammie 2 Dogs: Josie & Louise

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:35 am

I lived next to a cattle farm from the time I was four till I turned twenty so I know what ya mean.lolI was really into country music back in the nineties but not anymore country has gotten to pop for my tastes, though admittedly I still like the country music from my childhood.lol
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

jgfceit

Post by jgfceit » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:36 am

Lady Antebellum!
My Website (Check it out!):
My Point(s) Of View
Three PP's: Sporta and Curiosity

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 am

@JG, my mom is really really into Lady Antebellum she has listened to the same album thirty times during the same fifteen minute car ride. LOL.
#Autism Speaks.

ILoveHermies

Post by ILoveHermies » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:58 am

@Crabber85 I totally agree country has turned really pop lately. I usually listen to older stuff or find the most country songs I can get
6 PPs: Shelldon, Kingler, Delilah, Bubba, Steve & Harvey R.I.P: Indie 1 tortoise: Digger 1 Cat: Sammie 2 Dogs: Josie & Louise

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:01 am

@ILoveHermies, yeah I still like Reba and Alan Jackson I could never stop liking them.lol
#Autism Speaks.

ILoveHermies

Post by ILoveHermies » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:03 am

@Crabber85 definitely. I find it amusing when the kids my age are now like "oh my gosh I love country!" but it's not even real country anymore, it's pop country

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:00 am

I'm almost thirty and the country bands out today are trending towards pop because thats whats selling now which is unfortunate because what kids think of as country today would not have made it ten or even twenty years ago.I blame acts like Justin Bieber, One Direction and so on for making pop so main stream that every other type of music has to have that popish sound to sell.I admit I was into NSYNC, Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees back when I was in middle school because POP back then was new and fresh and now its tired and old.I know pop has been around since the eighties with bands like New Kids on The Block but it didn't get real popular until the mid nineties and now its stale I hear songs on the radio by current bands that are just re-dos of the re-dos I listened to as a kid. Sorry for the rant.lol
#Autism Speaks.

ILoveHermies

Post by ILoveHermies » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:36 pm

No, I totally agree. I'm only 16 and I honestly hate my generation. The things they do is absolutely absurd. I like old school pop but that's about it. I don't understand how people can stand music like Nicki Minaj or other pop artists. Music is a huge part of my life and I'm saddened at how bad it has gotten.

cricket

Post by cricket » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:04 pm

I love my Mumford and Sons!!!

finalfantasyxii

Post by finalfantasyxii » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:05 pm

New pop is totally bogus, I agree. I just saw Miley Cirus' new video and am fairly horrified. I'm not sure if she's making fun of it all or if she is serious about herself. Either way, I'm pretty disturbed.I love the Beatles, Bad Religion, Gwar, NOFX, Megadeth, Paul Simon.I listen to some newer stuff now and then but it's more novelty than music. I like some Justin Timberlake.
Y'all can call me Sara
Certifiably Crab Crazy
http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s432/herder79/

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:34 pm

@Cricket, Yeah love me some Mumford and Sons that band is one of my favorite skiffle style bands and I'm not really that into skiffle.lol@finalfantasyxii, which video do you mean as pretty much everything Miley has done in the last two years has been disturbing not to mention mind numbing.lolNo offense to the Miley/Bieber fans out there.@ILoveHermies, yup Nicki Minaj is trying to be like Lady GaGa was before she became sane and frankly Nicki needs to stop she's just helping to ruin the current generation of music if you can even call it that.
#Autism Speaks.

HermitCrabby_LHC

Post by HermitCrabby_LHC » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 am

I love Nickelback. Call me a nerd but I also love Elvis, even though he isnt a band. And the Beatles!!!

NickB

Post by NickB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 am

I'm surprised at how many people like metal here! Me and my brother especially like metal. Korn, Five Finger Death Punch and some others. I also absolutely LOVE System of a down, and Serj Tankian. I also like just about all classical music especially Bach.