Long time no see

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

dylan644

Long time no see

Post by dylan644 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Well, it has been a little while since I have been on. I have been busy lately. Especially with my FFA chapter. Recently we carried on our spring fund raiser sale. We sold mulch and flower bulbs to support our chapter which happens to be one of the, if not, the most active in the state. I have been busy the past few weeks driving around town trying to find people that would like mulch. And then having to hand deliver. It was a lot of work (and gas ) but it all payed off. I made top salesman with 667 bags of mulch. Since then I have prepared for our chapters award banquet which was held a couple weeks ago. I had to help set up, control mics and music for our slide shows and remember my parts in the banquet for passing out awards and my speech. I guess I should mention that I am an assistant officer, so I am a little more heavily involved. I have also prepared for our state Agronomy CDE which I place 7th of 145 individual and our team placing 4th in state. I have also practiced and competed in the State Animal Management CDE. Now that the year is winding down and coming to a close. I will have a little more time and hope to be back on a little more. I am in search of a job that will accept my schedule, which is still changing. I am out for two weeks in July for Camp and Officer Retreat (Camp/hiking/ disscussing about chapter business). Hopefully I will find somebody, because what I am doing now isn't going to cut it with my gas and car insurance. Speaking of which, I don't think I mentioned it, but I passed my driving test in April...or March....... can't remember. I also passed all of my graduation test! As for crab business, I no longer have any PP's. They all have passed. Catreina got smothered, and Felix died while molting. Catreina fought for a bit, but died while trying to remolt. As for the exotics, they are doing amazingly well! I am surprised, and very upset that my pp's have died, but yet the exotics are healthy as horses. I am greatful to have them, don't get me wrong, but I would never have imagined my PP's going before they did.As I am officially sacked out, write you guys back tomorrow...or later this week when I am out of school!Glad to be back!

Laurie LeAnn

Long time no see

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu May 30, 2013 7:02 pm

I caught tid bits of facebook now and then..my mom and pop shop has strawberry's now.. grrrrr. I want one but I keep saying no! I lost one in a molt the cave collapsed

Topic author
Keg

Long time no see

Post by Keg » Fri May 31, 2013 8:46 pm

quote:but it all payed off. The phrase is charming, but not academically correct."but it all paid off."

dylan644

Long time no see

Post by dylan644 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 am

Well, in the end of it all, it did pay for itself. I was able to go to Kentucky and get an almost expense free trip.Laurie, the choice is yours to make. Just take a percentage of your check and save it for them or something else. Just be sure that they are being kept right at the Mom and Pop store. Don't let them tell you well the care sheet says this because we all know it's wrong.

Laurie LeAnn

Long time no see

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 am

dylan it's not a money issue that is keeping me from buying a crab it's an age issue! I am going to be 50 this yr. and this 55 gal tank is getting harder to clean for me, I am having this fibermyalgia crud going on now, some days I really hurt so bad I just want to curl up in a ball and cry but I force my self to walk every day, to work every day, do my house work and adding more animals I just do not want to do cause if it gets worse I don't trust anyone around here to care for them, I thought being healthy was posed to make you feel better? HA!