Headache cures?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
motley crew

Headache cures?

Post by motley crew » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:58 am

I never thought of it as wimpering I know how you feel I was put in the hospital at one time and had so many tests CT scan,MRI,Spinal tap and everything in between run because the pain was so bad one of my eyes was crossing in they thought I had a brain tumor THANK GOD that was not it.They were what they call cluster migraines and I had so many come at once that I thought my head was going to explode I felt like I could hear them in my head and when they were coming to an end I heard what sounded like a big stick break in side and then the pressure would stop and I could get some sleep.Imatrix was just coming out then and it helped talk to your doctor they will most likly give you some samples see if it works.I read up on the accue pressure so I can fight them ,but I keep the Imatrix in the house and one in my glove box.

Topic author
NewCrabber

Headache cures?

Post by NewCrabber » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:28 pm

Ginkgo biloba is supposed to be good for migraines because it is said to enhance cerebral circulation. If you try it, I'd go with an extract. Other herbs said to be effective for migraines are, capsicum, chamomile, ginger, peppermint, rosemary, valerian, willow bark and wormwood. The last one shouldn't be used long term and most if not all should probably not be used during pregnancy. If you think you may want to try any of them in the future, you might do a little research first. OH! I'd only try valerian when you can sleep to find out how it will affect you. It is safe though. I've used it many times without problem.

breezeetew

Headache cures?

Post by breezeetew » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:40 pm

quote:If you think you may want to try any of them in the future, you might do a little research first Thank you so much. This is just what I was looking for. I didn't like feeling like I was cleaning out the medicine cabinet and my stomach was so upset- still is today!I'll check into those- could some be used as teas as well?
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author
NewCrabber

Headache cures?

Post by NewCrabber » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:27 am

Yes, I'm sure you can find almost all of them in tea form in a health food store. If it were me though, with a bad head ache, I'd use an extract. I've not tried any of these for a head ache, but the Valerian will relax you. Its something I use when I need a good nights sleep. It's not like a sleep aid that might knock you out or make you feel like you had too much fun the previous night and it may or may not make you feel drowsy -- the reason you should try it when you can lay down if you want or need to. There is a tea called Sleepytime Extra that has valerian in it along with chamomile that you might find in a chain grocery store if you want to give it a try, but make sure it's the Extra. If I need a little more help than the extract or tea alone isn't giving me I add 20 or so drops of extract to a warm (not hot) cup of tea. It does the trick for me. A decent brand for extracts is Herb Pharm. Besides not enough sleep or too much, lack of exercise, diet, allergies etc., being a trigger in those susceptible to migraines, it's said that barometric pressure can also be a trigger. If you get these headaches during certain weather changes, maybe that has something to do with it.Oh yea, before I forget again, we mulled this over during dinner the other night. Came up with some interesting answers, but we think a hole is the best guess.