Whos got Quirks, I do, I do

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri May 04, 2007 11:54 pm

After reading Breezeetew's stinky shell post, and shareing one of my many quirks..I wanted to hear your. Come one shar them we all know you have them people, I can't be the only one.Mine is very clear smells and textures... i am a mom of three kids all in diapers so that is enough to gag me. I can't touch cotton balls(too soft, not right) I can't eat tapioca Pudding(ewww fish eggs). I can't wash dishes most times(ever come accross a wet egg, wooden cutting bord, what am i saying anything slime like in the water...BAD?. Well you get the point I am weird, but I am sure I am not alone.

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jedediah » Sat May 05, 2007 12:12 am

Whenever I eat something that you can count, I count it and I have to eat an even number. When it's colourful, like M&Ms or other candy, it has to be two reds, two blue, two green ect. I HATE it when I take myself a number of chocolate pieces and someone comes and steals ONE pice. Steal two or none, please I like buying candy, cookies ect. from brands that I know to have an even number of pieces in each package.I developed more or less complex rituals when it comes to eating certain sweets. It usually goes along the lines of: first the outer layer of chocolate, then the nut in the middle, then the chocolate cream and then anything that's left.I am somewhat compulsive, checking for wallet, keys, tickets ect. more than normal and while my apartment has an overall chaotic look, I like small things to be symmetrical, in number or arrangement or both. I like holding aubergines, but I hate the taste.
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

TheCrabbyTabby

Post by TheCrabbyTabby » Sat May 05, 2007 1:20 am

When I was little ( and come to think of it I still do ) I would eat my marshmellow cereal in a certian order. I would eat the cereal peices first and then eat the marshmellow peices last.
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die! Opt to Adopt!!
I know an awful lot about hamsters, betta fish and many other animals so don't hesitate to ask me if you have an animal related question!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat May 05, 2007 2:09 am

I'm a pretty laid back gal, but, don't I repeat,don't squeeze the middle of the toothpaste tube. It drives me mental. Oh and one more thing...my tools in my toolbox all have there own place. I could go into my toolbox blindfolded and I will find anything. If I don't... I'll hunt down the co-worker responible for not replacing it in the approprate area.

Katy

Post by Katy » Sat May 05, 2007 2:35 am

When I eat an ice pop I can't stand the feeling of the stick on my tongue or teeth. I won't let a doctor put a tongue depresser in my my mouth.I don't like touching wooden spoons either.When I'm pregnant (and I think I've mentioned this before on here) I have urges to eat cement,dirt,gasoline...this list goes on. I'll watch home improvement shows in the hopes the'll pour cement. Don't laugh at me! There's a scientific term for this. I'm not the only pregnant weirdo.
Katy Michelle

TheCrabbyTabby

Post by TheCrabbyTabby » Sat May 05, 2007 4:09 am

quote:When I'm pregnant (and I think I've mentioned this before on here) I have urges to eat cement,dirt,gasoline... Wow!! Talk about major hurtburn!!!!
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die! Opt to Adopt!!
I know an awful lot about hamsters, betta fish and many other animals so don't hesitate to ask me if you have an animal related question!!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat May 05, 2007 4:12 am

i only feel comfortable at body temprature or in the mineses. if it is above or below i never feel cleen.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sat May 05, 2007 4:36 am

I can't eat drum sticks because that rubbery piece inside grosses me out, I memorize the license plates of cars in front of me, I make the sign of the cross when I pass little critters that failed to make it safely across the road and I can't stand the feel of cereal marshmallows against my teeth.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat May 05, 2007 4:41 am

i have to inspect every bit of food i eat befor putting it in my mouth, and if i find any grit watsoever in a sausage i leev any other meets alone

Topic author
Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Sat May 05, 2007 5:35 am

cotton balls yucky.... I can't stand them too! The sound styrofoam makes I can't even drink out of styrofoam cups! I can't touch dead animals that are stiff(working at the SPCA helped make that one not as much as a problem...) I'm afrid of being bitten by my pets the mice scare me, I'd rather give birth to another 9 pounder then get bitten by a tiny little mouse! I can not drink milk, it grosses me out so bad. I remeber my Mom giving the cats the lumpy milk... Plus when you find a sippy cup that's been missing a week...I can't bite into tomatoes, I love them I just have to cut them first. The texture reminds me of human flesh...Spiders, crickets any insect I can't hold, it's the fear of being bitten again...I try to make words with licence plates... I check to see if numbers are divisable by 3... When eating m&m's I eat the my least favorite color first and make my way to my favorite. Brown first, then orange, green, yellow, red and then blue. I'll also eat them so I have a certain number if each either 1 blue,2 yellow, 3 red or 3 of each color.Thats it for now... We are all crazy in our own little ways!!

Rachel

Post by Rachel » Sat May 05, 2007 5:48 am

Twice a day, I have to go to the "special place" deep down in my imagination....those times are when I'm brushing my teeth. I can not STAND the texture, taste, smell, etc. of any toothpaste...especially in the morning. There have been several occasions when my husband has ran into the bathroom to make sure I was ok because I was gagging so bad

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat May 05, 2007 5:53 am

i cant walk by myself on a paper roound for more than 5 minits without my mind shutting down and going into a dream world, yet i still deliver the papers somehow

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Sat May 05, 2007 6:16 am

Wow, you people seem so normal!I absolutely refuse to let go of an arguement. This comes in handy when fighting with cell phone companies, but not so much in a family situation. I once got money back from a laywer! I can't stand certain textures (cotton balls in the medicine bottles feels SOOOO gross when you have to reach in with a finger). I cannot stand certain smells when pregnant- coffee being one of them.I am totally addicted to caffeinated drinks. No reaction of energy or anything, just a headache if I don't get it. I can sleep after drinking a few cups of coffee...I hold my breath when going past a cemetary and will swerve when safe to miss a dead animal in the road.Oh, and I sleep very lightly, when I sleep... if I sleep at all... Insomnia is a lifestyle.I obsess over spelling and grammar and will edit posts for either as soon as I notice it!
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author
KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Sat May 05, 2007 6:24 am

I'm a little obsessive about movies and tv shows. Sometimes I can't sleep unless I have a specific dvd in the player. That might go on for a month or even longer, but sometimes I'll have a really bad nightmare, I associate it with whatever was in the DVD player, and I have to switch it. I have very sensitive hearing. Low base drives me batty because it literally feels like it's thumping around my brain and skull. High pitches are annoying too. I can hear the high white noise that tvs, computers, radios, vacuum cleaners etc give off. I can't really explain it, but there's sort of a high pitch that goes with some of 'em (the more annoying ones) but the rest it's sort of like someone's stuffed some cotton in my ears. I can still hear perfectly fine, but there's the overlying haze. I HATE gritty textures, and rocky textures. We occasionally get big ol' cement or stone tiles for projects. I can't touch 'em, and can't stand to hear anyone else touch them. The grating noise they make is awful. I also don't like the feeling of chalk unless it's on an extremely smooth black board. Sidewalk, forget it. I'm a little fussy about clothes, but I've managed to get those worked out so I fix 'em where they don't bother me anymore. Socks absolutely have to have the seam going over a very specific place on my toes, or it's useless. I can't go much longer than a week on a "normal" sleep schedule. At some point, without me really noticing, I start going to sleep later and later, and waking up later and later in the afternoon. Just a natural nightowl, I guess. Also, I do best on at least 10 hours of sleep. I love symmetry. Don't absolutely have to have it, but it is obvious if something is off, and it'll distract me for a while. Oh, and this last one might be one that some remember from some time ago. I've tried to collect strange items when I was younger. One was left over unpopped popcorn kernals from the bottom of the bowl. (That one led to having to go to the hospital to get one removed from my ear) And I once, for a very short time, collected eyelashes.

Topic author
Dramatic Hermiexx

Post by Dramatic Hermiexx » Sat May 05, 2007 6:28 am

I can't stand even the slightest smell of salad dressing and also fresh coconut, scrambled eggs after 7PM and bell pepers & coconut, eggs and bellpeper is in my crabs' diet. Even if there is a tiny imperfection in most things, I'll go nuts!