Whos got Quirks, I do, I do

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Sun May 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Oh, I just thought of one: I have not been able to drink the tap water all winter, because it smells really, really strange to me. It's sort of a bleachy, sulfery, chemically odor. I don't know if it's something the city's been putting in to keep pipes from freezing or to deal with an algae bloom or what. I know it's perfectly safe, and the rest of my family doesn't notice a smell, (and truth be told, I think they think I'm imagining it or my nose is out of whack) but I just can't bring myself to drink it. I normally don't have any issues with tap water at all, but I've been drinking bottled, at least until I don't notice the smell anymore.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun May 06, 2007 8:08 pm

i have an odd one, people call me the snake 4 it, i tast my food first by smelling it, even te week smelling ones, i can tast them. and i can smell suposedly "oderless" foods

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun May 06, 2007 10:44 pm

OMG, me too! I smell every single bite I take! I don't know why, just a quirk I guess. To me, the smell of food is just as enjoyable as the taste. Also, I'll count the little lines in the numbers on a digital clock. Sometimes that keeps me awake for hours at night, just waiting for the time to change so I can count again. I have a crazy sense of taste and smell. I can tell exactly what's been put in a dish by tasting and/or smelling it.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2007 1:22 am

ok, beet this. wene barefoot i walk on the flats of my toes and only use my 3 middle fingers 80% of the time, it just happend one day

Topic author
adoll

Post by adoll » Mon May 07, 2007 12:36 pm

Ok, thought of another one, I'm sort of compulsive about chapstick! Who ever mentioned the whole silk makes their hands dry thing made me thin, of it. I always have to have lotion & chapstick - even in the summer.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2007 1:21 pm

I got one! It's not really a good one thoe...I like to crack my back in the morning and at the night every day! I like to do it because it feels good and I like the sound.Wait! Is that even a quirk?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2007 2:14 pm

1. I'm list compulsive. I love to make lists (got this from my mom I think...)2. I need background noise to get anything done. It keeps the ADD at bay In college, I could calculate how long I was working on projects by adding up how many times I listened to certain DVDs while working. And now I'm doing the same thing at work. I WATCHED Night at the Museum once, all the way through (at the theater....). I've LISTENED to it, several dozen times since I bought it the day after it came out.3. I like to collect things. If it can be collected, I want it. There's a wine lable that has 5 different, bright colored bottles. I'm trying not to drink, but EVERY TIME we pass them at the grocery store, I want to get them to drink so I can collect the bottles to have them sit around and collect dust :P (The packrat thing is something else I inherited from my parents)4. I HATE waiting for people. Be someplace when you say you're going to be there! I could have spent that 5 minutes you kept me waiting, doing something more useful than twiddeling my thumbs! Or my fiance will say he'll be home at such and such a time, and be two hours late. I have to keep telling him he has to TELL me when he's going to be that far off 'cause if I don't know when he's coming home, I don't know if I can do another load of laundry :P5. I'm also on the even boat, but not by color. I just need to chew the same amount on both sides of my mouth. Cookies I will make into an even amount of bites, or have two and make both of them odd. And my fiance knows I'll go diving for a second if he only gives me one And that's all I can think of at the moment.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2007 2:50 pm

Like acwmaiden everything for me has to be even. Like if I scratch one side of my arm I have to scratch the other side whether I have to or not. I also HATE lines. Like if there's a line for lunch and they're serving my favorite food but there's a huge line, I won't get that lunch and I usually will end up getting the worst lunch.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 1:53 am

Ah yes! Remembered another one....I'll hear high pitched electronic squeals at times too. And also ticking watches and/or clocks. Like, the quiet ones that I have no idea tick until a few months later, and I'm trying to fall asleep, and I hear an insistent ticking. Drives me crazy when I search all over for it to find out it's a watch laying across the room :P

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 5:10 am

1. I can't have my knees touched, they are not ticklish, it just really bugs me.2. Even if I am in a room where there are no windows and I can't hear outside noises, I can smell rain if it starts to come down.3. I love to make lists for everything.4. I love to do laundry. Especially folding it.5. I love the smell of gasoline.6. I eat watermelon sprinkled with salt.7. Any meat with bones in it grosses me out, everything has to be boneless when I buy it.8. I can't eat at the same table as my neices and nephews. The sight of food on their faces and in their mouths makes me want to throw up.(obviously I don't have kids) Ohhh... the list is endless

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 6:00 am

From a plate of food, I will eat all of one thing, then all of the next, and so on, leaving my favorite item for last (My mom always hated that!)Oh, and does anyone else like the smell of skunks? (too weird, I know)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 6:13 am

no. but i never smelled one.if a have a song in my head and i am writing, i will read over my work later and fined i have half the work and half the lirics to the song in together.i have 2 scribbl it all out and do i again

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 8:51 am

I can't have the bottoms of my wrists touching and I can't look at the bottoms of my wrists. I'll also freak when anyone touches me anywhere near there. I can't think about needles or finger pricks without spasing (it killed me having to type that). I DO NOT LIKE VEINS.

Topic author
Figgy

Post by Figgy » Tue May 08, 2007 10:05 am

okay ill say a few things-i cant sleep unless i have the fog horn sound in my room, which has to be on ALL night or ill wake up.-I hate the feel of rough fabrics, its creepy-i hate spiders because i saw an ant eat one when i was 7. i can not be in the same building with a spider or i freak out-i need my shower radio on when im in the shower, even though it doesnt work.-i have a library specificly in the basement for no real reason.-i cant write anything on paper unless certian numbers and lines are on certian parts of the paper.- i need things to be in certian parts of the room to be able to concentrate -i can tell if im going up or down (like on a plane, but everywhere) even if no else notices.-i hate swimming. i hate the feeling of water.-when i go riding, i check my girth 9 times before i get on, then ask someone, even though i no its okay.-i always have to be angry at something at all times.-i always talk without noticing, even when im trying hard not tothats all i can think of right now

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 10:15 am

I have a few...I can't listen to certain music like Crash Test Dummies. Every since i got pregnant with my first child it has gagged me to hear them.I can't be in the room while someone scrambles eggs. I will walk in the kitchen while hubby cooks his egg with my face covered just so I can't smell them. I try not to touch raw chicken. For some reason it smells like old blueberries or something. If i do touch it , I wash my hands in bleach to get the smell off them.I hear those same high pitches!! Or really loud ringing in my ears.. not sure what that is.I have 3 1/2 kids. I can listen to them scream , cry, yell all day but I can't listen to other peoples kids... Drives me nuts!!!I can't drive behind slow cars or people who seem like they shouldn't even be on the roads. I just get this feeling that I need to run them off the road.. ROAD RAGE! Hubby is scared thats one of these days I will...I also Hate it when people pull right out in front of you, making you slam on the brakes. again makes me feel like running them off the road!oh this list could go on and on.......